2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

31 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Hopefully this drops him down to the latter half of the 2nd round that way we can take Anderson/Wilson in the first and then circle back to him in the second!

And no, I'm not being serious.

I will say this. It is nice that the tweet offered some clarification. It's funny how it gets reported that players have character issues but then there are no examples given as to why. Nice to see that someone decided to report something that shows the opposite. The good things that these kids do rarely sees the light of day.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Does anyone have any idea what is happening with the USFL draft? They have selected players who will be drafted by the NFL…do these guys play this season in the USFL or is it if they somehow aren’t drafted they play for those teams next year?

just playing the long game in case a player doesn't work out in the nfl

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Nice job Todd 😂

what a scumbag.  What do we hear about next?  He was late for practice once because he helped a stranded motorist change a flat tire?  He broke someone’s ribs while performing cpr on them after they went into cardiac arrest in front of him at the toys for tots donation line?  Take him off the big board!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Does anyone have any idea what is happening with the USFL draft? They have selected players who will be drafted by the NFL…do these guys play this season in the USFL or is it if they somehow aren’t drafted they play for those teams next year?

I figure the USFL draft has no bearing on the nfl draft or the player’s status. And I imagine even UDFA’s will fully try to make an NFL team after the draft even if they were the first pick in USFL. 

It seems pretty bold to draft a player that’s surely going to get drafted in the nfl lol. 

To be fair on Carter buying a guy meals with his own money....

A check in the positive column doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a check (or multiple) in the negative column too.

FWIW, knowing a guy who works for another team, they also said that Carter has "character concerns" in a way as if that had been something internally discussed.

The curious part to me, is that absolutely NO ONE, ever seems to say more beyond that. It's always this incredibly vague rumor just kind of floating around without any tangible substance behind it that can be directly pointed to.  Given it's also "lying season" I would be just as surprised if it where a rumor started by a team picking outside the top 5 to drive his value into attainable ranges, as I would be if he actually spent his weekends kicking puppies and eating babies.  It's also entirely possible the first mention of his character concerns was merely a journalist fishing for attention and that all subsequent talk of his character issues is merely people referencing that initial tweet.  

It's incredibly difficult for us as fans  to know these kinds of things for sure without being able to do the interviews and background that the scouting departments are getting to do.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You know we could win 6/7 games and still have a Top 10 Pick

If we end up there, and have some future asset ammo from trading out of #1, we should be able to get either Harrison or Bowers if we need a #1 weapon still

For sure, but we’d have to find a team willing to trade down instead of just taking him too which is the harder part to make work. 

The more i think about it, i can see the Texans grabbing a vet qb in trade or FA (i.e., Jimmy, Carr, Mac Jones) taking Anderson/Carter at 2, and then maaaaaybe taking someone like Richardson at 12 or just waiting until 2024 to get their QBOTF.  I don’t think it’s totally out of the realm of possibility that the bears trade to 4 and still miss out on Anderson/Carter.

Itll be interesting to see how this QB market develops in the next couple weeks.

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

The more i think about it, i can see the Texans grabbing a vet qb in trade or FA (i.e., Jimmy, Carr, Mac Jones) taking Anderson/Carter at 2, and then maaaaaybe taking someone like Richardson at 12 or just waiting until 2024 to get their QBOTF.  I don’t think it’s totally out of the realm of possibility that the bears trade to 4 and still miss out on Anderson/Carter.

Itll be interesting to see how this QB market develops in the next couple weeks.

giphy.gif