GTD: Week 1 vs 49ers (Regime Debut -- Rebuilding the Tower Begins) AKA Capt Trey Lance Debate

JAF-N72EX

55 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm sure there si some logical reason, but I don't get why you release a guy, only to turn around sign him back to the PS, and elevate him back to the roster.

As he is a vested veteran doing this prevents his salary from being protected if you bring him back to the main roster…Cliff Stein wrote all over it…

The other reason could be you don’t feel he is being signed off the PS by another team but you either think someone else could be meaning you have to elevate them to protect them or they want to make a play for another teams PS player or a FA.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As he is a vested veteran doing this prevents his salary from being protected if you bring him back to the main roster…Cliff Stein wrote all over it…

The other reason could be you don’t feel he is being signed off the PS by another team but you either think someone else could be meaning you have to elevate them to protect them or they want to make a play for another teams PS player or a FA.

it's gotta be something in the 2nd paragraph, moving him around so that his salary is unprotected is a bad look  !

I doubt deiter is in danger of being poached, feels like we are adding something from another PS or even FA ...there are some FA CBs and WRs out there and #2 CB is probably our greatest current need  (Vildor is trash, and is the only starter I can call trash)

adding a WR (hopefully a vet) makes alot of sense too ionly bc of inexperience and injury. We need a #2 CB now, Gordon is our Nickel

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Alright already who gives a flying **** about captains? 

Now I almost hope the Bears win 31-30 but Lance goes 24-27 with 3 touchdowns so everyone can shut the **** up

No one will shut up.  That would just mean the media will blast the Bears defense. We just rotate negative talking points for the Bears, you know this.  Lol

6 minutes ago, Epyon said:

If the forecast for HEAVY downpours is accurate..... It's gonna be an ugly game regardles

Has the weather shifted some? The weather projection was posted in the niners thread earlier and it indicated light rain to start with I guess and getting heavier as the game went on. Looking worse now?

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Has the weather shifted some? The weather projection was posted in the niners thread earlier and it indicated light rain to start with I guess and getting heavier as the game went on. Looking worse now?

hard to say when every weather forecast is different (and nearly invariably wrong), but news had it as heavy downpours all day starting at 8am

• Like 1