Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

Bulletin board material.  😉

God, I wish we could ditch the Skol chant, the gjallarhorn, and the fireworks and come up with something only a 500 IQ creative genius could conjure up, like

"Go Pack Go"

"What do you think our logo should be, guys? I'm thinking the letter 'G'."

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

God, I wish we could ditch the Skol chant, the gjallarhorn, and the fireworks and come up with something only a 500 IQ creative genius could conjure up, like

"Go Pack Go"

You had me going in the first half

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

"Go Pack Go"

Now if only you put that much creativity into winning championships as you do with the annoying horn. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Now if only you put that much creativity into winning championships as you do with the annoying horn. 

You'd think Green Bay would have won more considering the team has had HOF QB play for 1/4th of a century, but the team has only managed to win 2.

Sure, that's more than some teams in that time frame, but nobody else has had 25+ years of HOF QB play.

23 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He might not play but it seems like Watson and Watkins will get the start with Cobb in the slot.

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

Is Watson even practicing yet?  The last I heard, he hadn't been doing much of anything at this point, so I don't think they could start him. I think if Lazard weren't playing (which I think he will still end up doing), Doubs would be the one starting.

Ya Swede is right. If Lazard can’t go Doubs has definitely been “ahead” of Watson. Mostly due to Watson’s surgery but he’s also impressed thus far.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You'd think Green Bay would have won more considering the team has had HOF QB play for 1/4th of a century, but the team has only managed to win 2.

Sure, that's more than some teams in that time frame, but nobody else has had 25+ years of HOF QB play.

Eli Manning >> Aaron Rodgers

The Packers may have won more Super Bowls with Eli than Aaron. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Don't tell that to people on Twitter, you'll get lots of "that's more than your garbage franchise" and "2>0", right, @SemperFeist?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You would. Obviosuly QB is the most important but MN hasn't won any with Tarkenton (HOF QB), Moss (HOF and arguably all-time best WR), AP, and some all-time defenses.

GB will have won at least one sueprbowl with 100% of their (3) HOF QBs. MN can't say that for when they did have a HOF QB.

I don't say that to rip on MN really, more to highlight Winning superbowls isn't easy. Especially with some epic defensive and special teams failures.

• Like 1

Absolutely it's not easy.  But, 30 years of HoF QBing should generate more than 1 SB title for each QB during that time.  The Vikings certainly did fail when they had the opportunity with the 13 years they had their 1 HoF QB, but it's been 44 years since they had that one in a completely different version of the NFL...one that didn't cater as much to the position.

On Twitter, I wasn't even attempting to compare the 2 franchises, because you can't.  All I've ever suggested is that were I a Packers fan, I'd be pretty po'ed about only having 2 when I've had 30 years of the most elite level of play at the most important position.  And IMO, that's a failure of the organization to not put the pieces around those 2 QBs to get more than that.  When Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles have as many SB titles as Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, that's a failure of epic proportions, as far as I'm concerned.   I'd certainly be grateful for the 2 that did happen, but upset that there hasn't been more.    

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Absolutely it's not easy.  But, 30 years of HoF QBing should generate more than 1 SB title for each QB during that time.  The Vikings certainly did fail when they had the opportunity with the 13 years they had their 1 HoF QB, but it's been 44 years since they had that one in a completely different version of the NFL...one that didn't cater as much to the position.

On Twitter, I wasn't even attempting to compare the 2 franchises, because you can't.  All I've ever suggested is that were I a Packers fan, I'd be pretty po'ed about only having 2 when I've had 30 years of the most elite level of play at the most important position.  And IMO, that's a failure of the organization to not put the pieces around those 2 QBs to get more than that.  When Trent Dilfer and Nick Foles have as many SB titles as Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, that's a failure of epic proportions, as far as I'm concerned.   I'd certainly be grateful for the 2 that did happen, but upset that there hasn't been more.    

In my experience as a Pats fan, it was usually Packer fans who told us that it was mostly our defense in the playoffs that enabled us to win as many championships as we did. They highlighted several defensive plays that Aaron simply didn’t or wouldn’t have enjoyed. 

Well, now, they look more like peak NE than they ever have - with a tepid array of meh weapons, a decent OL and good defensive players at every level 

if they don’t win it soon - they’re done for a generation at least. The pressure is on and has been for a while.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1