Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Pat McAfee is a sports media treasure. 

Pat McAfee really kisses Rodgers butt big time, but he has AJ Hawk on his stupid show and never been a fan of his at all and he clearly has a Packer bias as well, so I never watch the McAfee show because it might as well be called the Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers show. 

For one Rodgers is just kissing Jefferson's *** because he probably hopes he can get him to Green Bay since he will play till he is a million.   Also kissing his butt because he lost his best buddy in Davante Adams after sending all the messages last year that Davante is the best player he has ever played with, but actions speak louder than words, and his actions were threaten to retire, sit out, leave it all up in the air for a long time, then come back and sign a huge deal that takes away money from his teammates.   So Adams just left which is great and Rodgers still is irate about it especially with how poorly he communicates to his current receivers.

Was funny watching Rodgers lose his **** on the  field and sidelines in this game, I thought he was all calm now and on a cleanse?  Guess not because he showed some awful leadership in that game, way to give confidence to your receivers, say nothing to them during the game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

For one Rodgers is just kissing Jefferson's *** because he probably hopes he can get him to Green Bay since he will play till he is a million.   Also kissing his butt because he lost his best buddy in Davante Adams after sending all the messages last year that Davante is the best player he has ever played with, but actions speak louder than words, and his actions were threaten to retire, sit out, leave it all up in the air for a long time, then come back and sign a huge deal that takes away money from his teammates.   So Adams just left which is great and Rodgers still is irate about it especially with how poorly he communicates to his current receivers.

Unless Rodgers pulls a Brett Favre, there's 0% chance that Aaron Rodgers will ever play with Justin Jefferson.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

At the very least, Justin Jefferson is going to get franchise tagged.  But I'd suspect a long-term deal will be inevitable.

I dread he’s going to end up in Cincinnati with his LSU teammates but that probably isn’t likely either. MN needs to make paying Jefferson a priority next offseason. Give him a deal early and avoid any potential conflicts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I dread he’s going to end up in Cincinnati with his LSU teammates but that probably isn’t likely either. MN needs to make paying Jefferson a priority next offseason. Give him a deal early and avoid any potential conflicts. 

As long as Miami doesn't try and nickel and dime him, he'll take the bag.

I'm not at all worried about Jefferson leaving. This team is going to remain competitive for the foreseeable future (unless Kirk gets injured). His window for an extension opens after this year, and I fully expect they're going to make him the highest paid WR in the game. I predict we'll see them pick up his 5th year option and sign him to a 5 year, $160MM extension. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm not at all worried about Jefferson leaving. This team is going to remain competitive for the foreseeable future (unless Kirk gets injured). His window for an extension opens after this year, and I fully expect they're going to make him the highest paid WR in the game. I predict we'll see them pick up his 5th year option and sign him to a 5 year, $160MM extension. 

at which point the search for the QBOTF on a rookie deal becomes paramount. They're already paying Kirk on the void years and need to figure out how to sustain good QB play to make the Jefferson deal worth it.

• Like 3