Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

29 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The answer of these choices is "B."

But I really think the answer is C and competent OT like Taylor Lewan. I've seen the ALl-22 where even our bottom feeder WRs are getting open but Tanny has no time to throw.

I feel we'd be able to see even semi productive passing game, even it was situationally, meaning that we throw the ball 20 times, but connect on 16-18 of them for 200 yards and 2 TD type stuff. 

If we could get that mixed in with our run game (that would improve with a better OL play) and a surging defense, it would be nice. 

Taylor is missed more than both to me. 

I tend to agree that the weakness at LT is probably more damaging to the offense than the hole at WR (though there’s probably an argument that you could potentially overcome one of them, the combo is the real offense killer).

Which we can blame on the inevitable and predictable Lewan injury or on our GM sinking even more draft assets on a third tackle in three years that’s completely unplayable. Albeit, the Daley picks weren’t nearly as valuable as the capital spent on Wilson and Radunz. 

The Vrabel hiring is carrying Robinson really hard. Very, very, very few coaches could’ve gotten as much out of this team as far as W/L record over the last two years with the talent he’s been given (despite any past complaints I’ve had about him as an irrational sports fan). No team with our talent level and without an elite QB should ever find themselves in the cap situation we’re apparently in. Though obviously missing on two years worth of draft classes forces spending to compensate for.

• Like 1

I am mystified by the fact we keep trotting Daly out there. It is hard to imagine the coaches watch film week after week and saying...let's stick with him, no one on the roster is better!!!

Did we trade for Daly, and now we are sticking with him to make the GM look ok...like he didn't waste a draft pick?? Honestly I am baffled by this and he is killing any chance of an effective passing game.

Side note, did anyone see that KC is favored by 12.5, I imagine we will get slaughtered because 12.5 seems like a lot...and I am usually way off on this so the good money is on KC...but seems like a lot of points against our defense. 

I'm not trying to call out anyone on the forum specifically.

We traded a 25 year old top 5 WR in the NFL for Treylon Burks.

We don't need to spin everything positive as if there's some silver lining and it was somehow the right thing to do. Somewhere down the line, we ****ed up.

If he was angry about the way contract talks went, that's on the FO for not being smarter prior to pissing him off.

100% agree Vrabel got Robinson's contract extended. Here's to hoping the 2022  class is a turnaround for Robinson and he finally hits on another first round pick in 2023.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not trying to call out anyone on the forum specifically.

We traded a 25 year old top 5 WR in the NFL for Treylon Burks.

We don't need to spin everything positive as if there's some silver lining and it was somehow the right thing to do. Somewhere down the line, we ****ed up.

If he was angry about the way contract talks went, that's on the FO for not being smarter prior to pissing him off.

100% agree Vrabel got Robinson's contract extended. Here's to hoping the 2022  class is a turnaround for Robinson and he finally hits on another first round pick in 2023.

literally who is doing this lmao. who around here (or *anywhere*) is like "actually the AJ brown trade was good and smart and i'm happy it happened." please tell me

• Like 1

I'm confused how there's still people who don't realize that if AJ Brown actually wanted to be here he still would be.

This team has shown it's willing to pay people who perform. Even just looking in house and ignoring FA, Lewan, Byard, Tannehill, Landry. You factor in the FA contracts they've given the likes of Dupree, Jones, Saffold, Butler, Cyprien, Ryan, etc.

All of these guys paid either market value or even above market value(looking at guys like Dupree, Butler, Cyprien and arguably even Lewan).

This is not a team that is afraid to spend money. Brown would have gotten paid.

But he didn't want to be here. He wanted to be in Philly.

Could the Titans have played hard ball and made him stick here/play here and franchise tag him a few times? Sure. But then you're wondering if he's going to give the same effort given he doesn't want to be here, and what his lack of wanting to be here would do in the locker room.

I'm so confused by so many people(not quite as bad here as it is on places like twitter and etc) pretending that this team is cheap. Maybe it ties in with the same people who seem to think we're going to lose every game and after each bad play it's a "another one of those games" like we haven't been one of the winningest franchises since Vrabel took over.

Hurts my brain.

I'd hate to see twitter and posts on here if we were a franchise like Jacksonville or what Cleveland was for so long.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Who we missing more right now? (No disrespect intended)

harold landry

or AJ Brown

This. 

AJ is the correct answer.

If we could turn back the hands of time do you think Jrob would have sacrificed Landry to have the money to play AJs game?

What sucks is talks seemed normal when they talked about extending AJ during the playoff game. Then all the signings happened. I don't know how possible it was, but signing him before that flurry should have been prioritized.

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

literally who is doing this lmao. who around here (or *anywhere*) is like "actually the AJ brown trade was good and smart and i'm happy it happened." please tell me

I dunno. I guess if someone isn't ticked off then they are happy.
Everyone wanted to keep him around. 

Some moved on, some are sad at every catch he makes somewhere else. 

He isn't the first good player to leave the team and won't be the last. 

I still remember the Cap Purge in I think 04.  Losing Samari. Losing Mason. Imagine if Social Media was round then.

While him being traded feels like the biggest thing to ever happen to this team, for some. It barely makes a blip on the radar to me. 

I obviously wanted us to keep AJ and still think we should have found a way to make it work here. I do kind of find it somewhat annoying at this point that after every big game or catch he gets brought up by Titans fans. Most fans tell him to move on whenever there’s a tweet or mention by him about the Titans but yet can’t move on themselves.

• Like 1

Not really sure where to post this but putting here

great feature article about Simmons on The Athletic

horrifying quote:

“Simmons says the Titans discussed his future with him in the offseason.

“It was, ‘We want you to be here, but we don’t know exactly when we’ll be able to pay you,’” he says. “The Titans were like, ‘We don’t know if we’re going to be able to offer you what you think you are worth. We want to pay you, but we don’t know where it’s going to come from.’  That’s basically what it was, not an offer.”

https://theathletic.com/3749447/2022/11/02/jeffery-simmons-tennessee-titans/?source=user_shared_article

Letting Simmons walk would replace the AJB trade as the worst single personnel decision this franchise has ever made

HOF-level talent at one of the 3/4 most important positions on the field. Guy is our best player. Blank check.

Blank. Check.

Figure out the rest. If it means cutting ties w/ a few guys..even important ones...you do it. Simmons is the single most important building block on the roster right now.