Ravens and Lamar Jackson fail to reach long-term deal; Will revisit contract after season

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I actually think this is smart by Lamar. He's gonna have a year where his number only goes up. 

I could see them continuing to be pedestrian frankly. Not saying they will be, but if I'm the Ravens I'm not giving LaMar Jackson a Josh-Allen type deal given the clear uncertainty in his performance for the long term, he's regressed notably since his MVP year even if you account for the injuries around him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I could see them continuing to be pedestrian frankly. Not saying they will be, but if I'm the Ravens I'm not giving LaMar Jackson a Josh-Allen type deal given the clear uncertainty in his performance for the long term, he's regressed notably since his MVP year even if you account for the injuries around him. 

Very possibly, but I think someone will want to pay him. 

Lamar doesn't have an agent, right? 

Agent comission is only 3% and i read some agents are slashing it down to 2 or even 1 % to represent Jackson. 

Unless Lamar wins a SB (which is possible) i don't see his stock going up too much, but he's taking an injury risk. I think it would have been wise to hire an agent to handle this and sign a long-term deal now instead of next year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Lamar doesn't have an agent, right? 

Agent comission is only 3% and i read some agents are slashing it down to 2 or even 1 % to represent Jackson. 

Unless Lamar wins a SB (which is possible) i don't see his stock going up too much, but he's taking an injury risk. I think it would have been wise to hire an agent to handle this and sign a long-term deal now instead of next year. 

I'll do it for a tenth of a percent. 

• Like 2