Cowboys QB Dak Prescott getting surgery on right thumb; Out 6-8 weeks

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Shipped sailed after 1 game on the road in a monsoon? No.

I guess you assumed i meamt his play and not all the hits he took. He don't get down when he run.  He going to need a legit backup behind him. I'll be shocked if he makes it to game 6 if he don't change up. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I guess you assumed i meamt his play and not all the hits he took. He don't get down when he run.  He going to need a legit backup behind him. I'll be shocked if he makes it to game 6 if he don't change up. 

I assumed this because that's what your post implied---Lance was terrible in game 1 so they will not trade JG.

As far as your other point about him getting hit. I will have to go back and watch the game again but he didn't seem to take more hits than any other mobile QB does, and he doesn't have an injury history either, so I don't understand where you're drawing your conclusions from that he will always need a backup out of fear of injury.

Let me clear. There will always be more injury risks with mobile QBs simply because they're going to get hit more due to play style.  But lets not start labeling them injury prone before they even have a chance to prove that they aren't either.  Lance dropped back 30 times and ran for it 13 times (in a monsoon) and was only sacked twice.  By comparison, Josh Allen had 33 drop backs and ran for another 10 and sacked twice as well and he seems to be doing just fine.

11 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I’m going to gouge my eyes out if I see Lance underthrow a screen again

In Lance's defense (and other players) it's really hard to set your feet in strong wet conditions like it was.  This was not just another rainy day of football.  It was abnormally bad.