Dak Needs Surgery… Will be out a while

The_Slamman

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If Sam Bradford, Nick Foles, and Wentz can find buyers surely another average QB can

Dak definitely deserves his chance to prove to be bad on another team too ha.

Meant in a great compensation way for you guys. I’m sure teams will offer stuff.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dak definitely deserves his chance to prove to be bad on another team too ha.

Meant in a great compensation way for you guys. I’m sure teams will offer stuff.

I think Dak is a Dangerous QB for a franchise in that, he is good enough to keep you competitive but not elevate you. So you get comfortable with him because a lot of QBs can’t do that. They keep you from drafting high enough for the drafts best QBs, but come up short in most big games, and go 1-3 in the playoffs.

I don’t trust us to get a trade value for a player though. When was the last time Dallas traded a player away for anything of value? Seriously might be the H. Walker trade.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

They didn’t have contracts like Dak’s. No team is going to want to pick up his deal, and I highly doubt we’ll be willing to eat that much dead money by moving him.

Ironically enough Dak has the 8th largest cap hit of all QBs this this year. Carson Wentz had the 8th largest Cap hit for QBs when he was traded in 2020.

Sam Bradford had the 14th largest cap hit when he was traded in 2017.

Nick Foles was still on a rookie contract when the Eagles traded him.

Edited by DaBoys

I think you trade him this off season if there is a QB you like and don't have to trade high up for. I think we will be in the top five of the draft. Again, I don't know what QBs will be sitting there.

So glad I don't have to watch a minute of the NFL as a Cowboy fan going forward. Will tune in for some playoff games. I'm sure my family will appreciate me spending more time with them on Sundays.

11 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Hearing this morning 6-8 weeks out this morning smfh 

So earliest Week 8 vs the Bears or probably week 10 against the Packers after the Bye.

The unfortunate timing for you guys will be hurting your division chances with 3 of them in the next 5 weeks and any potential conference tiebreaker with missing 6 of their remaining 11 NFC games.

If they can get off 3 in the next 7, the season isn't totally lost. Get Giants and Eagles at home, play the entire worst division (AFCS) in the back half.
Just need to get good on the road.

1 September 11 7:20 p.m. Tampa Bay Buccaneers     AT&T Stadium NBC  
2 September 18 3:25 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals     AT&T Stadium CBS  
3 September 26 7:15 p.m. at New York Giants     MetLife Stadium ESPN/ABC  
4 October 2 12:00 p.m. Washington Commanders     AT&T Stadium Fox  
5 October 9 3:25 p.m. at Los Angeles Rams     SoFi Stadium Fox  
6 October 16 7:20 p.m. at Philadelphia Eagles     Lincoln Financial Field NBC  
7 October 23 12:00 p.m. Detroit Lions     AT&T Stadium CBS  
8 October 30 12:00 p.m. Chicago Bears     AT&T Stadium Fox  
9 Bye
10 November 13 3:25 p.m. at Green Bay Packers     Lambeau Field Fox  
11 November 20 3:25 p.m. at Minnesota Vikings     U.S. Bank Stadium CBS  
12 November 24 3:30 p.m. New York Giants     AT&T Stadium Fox  
13 December 4 7:20 p.m. Indianapolis Colts     AT&T Stadium NBC  
14 December 11 12:00 p.m. Houston Texans     AT&T Stadium Fox  
15 December 18 12:00 p.m. at Jacksonville Jaguars     TIAA Bank Field Fox  
16 December 24 3:25 p.m. Philadelphia Eagles     AT&T Stadium Fox  
17 December 29 7:15 p.m. at Tennessee Titans     Nissan Stadium Prime Video  
18 January 7/8 TBD at Washington Commanders     FedExField TBD

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

In such a supposedly good QB draft it’s possible, but they’d need a lot to be a certain way to do it you’d think.

Bggest thing is would another team make a move for him in that scenario.

I don’t think the QB clas is as good as it’s made out to be.

Its a 2 QB class with Stroud and Young.

The others have a very long way to go. The Levi’s hype is absurd.

So he has a bad game and gets hurt and the talk is ... well, this? This is precisely the all or nothing mentality that is the reason so many outside of the Dallas Cowboy fanbase hate said Dallas Cowboy fanbase..🤐

Now dont get me wrong entirely..I was crossing my fingers hard for Malik Willis in the draft. And clamouring for some sort of developmental, high promise prospect behind Dak even the year prior. Maybe not a first round selection. But a 2nd, 3rd?, I was all for it. Because Dak can be great, but he is also not getting younger, his added dimension (mobility) has diminished, and this team IS getting younger while the key position remains stagnant.

But to sit here and debate that a young man who has been an MVP candidate for a couple different seasons and holds multiple team passing achievements "sucks" or is "dangerous to a team" is just the epitome of why we as a fan base are so completely disliked across the nation.

Burrow had a terrible game. And his fan base is questioning why his team wasnt providing him much help. Rodgers had a poor outing and their fan base isnt saying he got too old for this, they are questioning the use of the new skill players. It should be the same sentiment in Dallas -

Lamb, 2 for 29 on 11 targets? Seriously? 

Pollard with a -8 yard run, really?

Can anyone on this D make a tackle before a 6 yard gain? 

Is any other player capable of penetration besides Parsons?

How many times did Ceedee get a decent look and just completely muff a catch or not look in time?

How is Noah Brown this teams top receiver?

How is Zeke looking good, cutting sharp, and only gets 10 carries?

Was Dak off? Yeah, at times. Hard to throw off your back, but yeah he was. But so was literally everything else besides Micah.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

Honestly...I am just so sick of this coaching regime, offensively. Kellen has Jason Garrett disease, abandoning the run too easily and too early. McCarthy needs to intervene as the boss, and just fails to do so while completely mismanaging game situations. 

Doug Nussmeier continues to screw up mobile passers by making them play like old fashioned 6 foot 4 pocket passers and does not really seem cut out for teaching NFL players at all, as he barely seemed cut out for doing it in the NCAA. This RB rotation is not really a rotation, is it, Skip Peete? These young receivers under Robert Prince really havent grown at all. Have they?

I get that Dak was off. And that popular criticism in Football and in this fanbase is to hate on the quarterback. But this entire offensive staff clearly has an issur going back to last seasons opener.

I mean. If most of that staff is qualified to coach an NFL team. Then may as well hire me. I have HS and College coaching experience and was/is considered a wash up failure, too.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

3 hours ago, BigD88 said:

I don’t think the QB clas is as good as it’s made out to be.

Its a 2 QB class with Stroud and Young.

The others have a very long way to go. The Levi’s hype is absurd.

It’s better than last year though, like 5/6 people would go before Pickett. Bunch of guys who could rise as the season goes to be that 3rd guy who goes in the top 6/8.