Notable Stats

Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Malik Nabers is currently #1 in the NFL in receptions, despite missing a game, with 35.

Wan'Dale Robinson is tied for 3rd in the NFL in receptions with 32.

Darius Slayton has 18, which is ranked 55th.

No other wide receiver on the Giants has a catch. I feel like that is very weird.

I wouldn't have thought too much about it until this week, with Nabers missing a game. Feels like it should've been a gimme that Hyatt or Hodgins would've caught one at some point there in the like 75 snaps between them.

53 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

That sounds like an insult.  I can be okay with Maybe Martavis Bryant without the off field issues.

Hard to figure Out a comp based on HWS and ability

it’s not an insult. MVS is tall with elite speed and a huge wingspan, the measurables are virtually identical. MVS got open consistently in KC, he just can’t track or catch a football to save his life. 

I turned on the LsU tape and I thought MVS went back to college, it was identical styles. Only BTJ caught it every single time when he was open deep. That’s a dangerous player 

52 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I wouldn't have thought too much about it until this week, with Nabers missing a game. Feels like it should've been a gimme that Hyatt or Hodgins would've caught one at some point there in the like 75 snaps between them.

Right? And neither of them even had a target. Hyatt did have an impact though, drawing 2 defensive holding penalties.

The Giants started by spreading the ball around, which was new for them, and my first thought was "good! That's what you should do when your stud receiver isn't playing". But then they just started running their same offense but with Slayton taking Nabers's role and... Slayton finished with 8 for 122 and a TD. No offense is as reliant on their #1 receiver as the Giants are through 5 weeks, which is strange to see on a team that hasn't had a 1000 yard receiver since OBJ in 2018.

On 10/8/2024 at 2:04 PM, Chiefer said:

9627xk.jpg

Because I was curious;

12 teams in the 21st century have a streak of allowing <28 points for at least 20 straight games.

The 2008-09 Washington Redskins were the only team to have a losing record.

Bonus points to the 2019-20 Bears, who went 10-10 in their span.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Because I was curious;

12 teams in the 21st century have a streak of allowing <28 points for at least 20 straight games.

The 2008-09 Washington Redskins were the only team to have a losing record.

Bonus points to the 2019-20 Bears, who went 10-10 in their span.

Leave it to my Bears to fail, but do so with flying colors.

89cd627f4de566bedfc2ed2a93ba8f7e.gif

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Unfortunately I jumped the gun, I think they are at 6.93. I think that would still be the highest ever though.

It'd be the highest ever by a decent amount, I think. The highest right now is 6.7 by the 2018 Chiefs and the 2016 Falcons, I'm pretty sure.