**2023 NFL Draft Prospects**

Texas_OutLaw7

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Ok, passing on Levi’s or Richardson - fine, that confirms to me that we’re probably in agreement that a really disappointing pick is pretty unlikely?

I am really curious about what players you really don’t want. “Project” and “injured” are nebulous words. Who, if we drafted that player, you’d say, “wow, that was terrible!”

A lot of people for sure would have said Taco and Trysten Hill before their drafts. I want to know who those guys are for people on this forum this year. Make your call.

I have some slightly disappointing names that Cowboys have shown interest in - Mazi Smith, Hyatt, Sanders, McDonald… but even those guys bring enough to the table for me to be alright if they are the pick.

Hyatt, to me, is a safe pick at receiver but doesn't have a high enough caliber impact (at least in how I project his game translating to the pros) to justify a quality pick for a team who already has Gallup and Cooks behind their top guy. So I would agree there.

Porter, to me, is an amazing talent and is going to be a great defender - not just corner, but defender - for a long time. But Id hate it here in Dallas because his style of play would give this defense more risk of allowing big plays and causing flags, when we should be working on correcting those problems not adding to them. That said, if he is clearly better than what's left, take him and just hope you can coach away a bit of his aggressiveness to minimize that risk. So I'd not be too upset there..

Actually now that I think about it. Vann Ness, Ojulari, White and McDonald. That next "tier" of pass rush talent after Murphy and Wilson or however you wanna rank em. But that second tier of guys off the edge. I'm not fond of any of them. I think if their position wasn't so highly coveted, they wouldn't sniff the first round. The potential is there for them, certainly. But man, it's like this team is always eyeing second caliber pass rushers with their first caliber selection. They wanted Klavon Chaisson, the picked Taco Charlton, etc. Always chasing a pass rusher with a high pick that isn't a high pick player outside of need and high value position. If they went that route...when there would still likely be some better players left albiet at positions of lower value like Tight End, or safety, or linebacker...I would almost certainly feel they crapped the bed there.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

How can Dallas screw the pooch? I’m feeling pretty optimistic right now that even the most disappointing of seemingly likely scenarios isn’t too bad. Like, I’m not thrilled to draft Bijan or Drew Sanders at #26, but those aren’t disasters, IMO.

-A trade up for just about anybody seems like a bad move. Even hopping up to 24 would cost you a 4th rounder. Is there someone worth that? Maybe, but anything more would be a real travesty.

-We can’t know what the medicals for Dalton Kincaid look like, but if they are anything less than spotless, that would be a mess for me.

What else?

I also tend to think we’re in a good spot and it would be hard to really screw it up. Trading up would be one way to do so. Seems extremely unlikely that they will, haven’t in the first since Claiborne

We were discussing DLs that could slip and/or intrigue Dallas the other day. I wanted to throw out Will McDonald and Adetomiwa Adebawore as guys I’ve seen mocked to us that I would be underwhelmed by. Drafting either of them at 26 would probably be my least ideal realistic scenario

A trade up would be disappointing. Any RB not named Bijan at 26 would be disappointing. I think all the TEs would be a bummer. A DE would be a let down. Addison would be disappointing. A LB would be disappointing. Not real thrilled with Quentin Johnston. Murphy/Bresee

I’d be happy with Caijah Kancey, Bijan, Forbes, Banks, Porter jr, Cam Smith, Zay Flowers, Torrence, Wright, Avila, Hyatt, JSN. 

• Like 3

Nailing the 1st round for me would be:

Wright, Kancey, Forbes, or Flowers. 

Those are my realistic 4 that I’d be happy with. Everyone else is either probably gone like JSN or just ‘Okay’ like Avila.

I honestly think Wright is a pipe dream as well. Probably Kancey too when the day comes. 

Forbes and Flowers I think will be there and would be happy with either. 

Emmanuel Forbes

CB Mississippi State

Marvin Mims Jr.

WR Oklahoma

Sam LaPorta

TE Iowa

Emil Ekiyor Jr.

OG Alabama

Atonio Mafi

OG UCLA

Deneric Prince

RB Tulsa

Stetson Bennett

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

A trade up would be disappointing. Any RB not named Bijan at 26 would be disappointing. I think all the TEs would be a bummer. A DE would be a let down. Addison would be disappointing. A LB would be disappointing. Not real thrilled with Quentin Johnston. Murphy/Bresee

I’d be happy with Caijah Kancey, Bijan, Forbes, Banks, Porter jr, Cam Smith, Zay Flowers, Torrence, Wright, Avila, Hyatt, JSN. 

I mostly agree, except I’m on board with TE.

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Agreed for the most part. Think I’ve talked myself out of a WR though. 

No TEs or RBs in the 1st for me, or off-ball LBs. Though Drew Sanders has some intrigue as a potential EDGE guy so wouldn't hate him, but he'd be near the bottom of my list. Not a fan of Adebawore. 

Other than that, I think I'd be happy with most of the guys projected to us.

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Emmanuel Forbes

CB Mississippi State

Marvin Mims Jr.

WR Oklahoma

Sam LaPorta

TE Iowa

Emil Ekiyor Jr.

OG Alabama

Atonio Mafi

OG UCLA

Deneric Prince

RB Tulsa

Stetson Bennett

This works for me.. I would call it a HOME RUN for sure......

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Lol

Slater says it’s Bijan, Mayer or Wright. We’ll see if she’s still plugged in or if the McCarthy regime has truly shut down the leaks

If you let me choose between flipping a theoretical 3-sided coin to land one of these three, or just playing the draft out and seeing what happens, I’d flip the coin.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz