Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Obviously total frauds as proven tonight. 

Honestly that  game doesn't make me feel good when I look at the Vikings. They gave up 7.4 yards per play to a pretty mediocre offense and the defense is one of the bigger concerns about this team.   I still have some pretty substantial concerns about the Vikings. I think that they are a solid playoff team, but I don't think that they are a super good team or anything.

It's really hard to describe because they do keep winning, so it's not like they are bad or anything. I'm trying to think of what would be a good comparable for them in the past, but I'm not really sure. I do think that there are teams like this most years - teams that you know are a playoff team and they pretty good, but at the same time, you're just never fully buying in and you feel pretty confident that they aren't making it to the championship game. Maybe like the colts from a few years ago? But I can't remember how much they won in the regular season 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Honestly that  game doesn't make me feel good when I look at the Vikings. They gave up 7.4 yards per play to a pretty mediocre offense and the defense is one of the bigger concerns about this team.   I still have some pretty substantial concerns about the Vikings. I think that they are a solid playoff team, but I don't think that they are a super good team or anything.

It's really hard to describe because they do keep winning, so it's not like they are bad or anything. I'm trying to think of what would be a good comparable for them in the past, but I'm not really sure. I do think that there are teams like this most years - teams that you know are a playoff team and they pretty good, but at the same time, you're just never fully buying in and you feel pretty confident that they aren't making it to the championship game. Maybe like the colts from a few years ago? But I can't remember how much they won in the regular season 

2019 Packers were 13-3, but felt more like a 10-6 team. But they smelled better than this Vikings team does now. 

Maybe the 2000 Vikings. Also had a strong start, but I don't think folks bought in at the time, and they really fell part down the stretch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Forge said:

The Vikes certainly are getting gashed defensively but we’re down to our fifth CB. But the offense did okay well and carried the team to victory and the Patriots have a top 5 defense so that is encouraging. And it was mostly done through the passing game because as has been the case for much of the year, the run game doesn’t seem effective at just grinding out 5 yards per carry. We’re boom or bust on the ground this year.

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

2019 Packers were 13-3, but felt more like a 10-6 team. But they smelled better than this Vikings team does now. 

Maybe the 2000 Vikings. Also had a strong start, but I don't think folks bought in at the time, and they really fell part down the stretch. 

Don’t think MN really falls apart this year. The schedule does lighten up now and still have three divisional games (say they win 2 of 3), and they’ve got the Colts, Jets and Giants. MN should be able to handle the Jets and Colts too, Giants will be a bit more of challenge.

No! Lol look at what had to go right there way to just beat the Pats last night. +5 point differential. 

Let’s just say if I was a team who is at the bottom of the playoff standings entering the last week of the season. I would do everything possible to match up against the Vikings. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

How about the Vikings of... 2018(?) the Case Keenum team. 

I think that trashing vs Cowboys might help the team in long term. One of the issues with the offense was that they didn't use quick passing offense much..not many slants, flats...lot of the plays were long developing ones and its a bit risky approach when your OLine falls apart like they did vs Cowboys. I saw some adjustments in the game vs Pats yesterday. Kirk got the ball out little bit faster than he did early in the season. 

Bigger problem is playcalling on defense and stubborness of Donatell not to blitz much. The secondary is banged up with injuries but Donatell has been making things worse with his playcalling. Yesterday was a good example..Pats offense was feasting until finally Donatell decided to blitz in the final quarter...that's when Mac and Pats offense started struggling. There was no reason why he couldn't blitz much before that. Its very frustrating to watch

• 4 weeks later...

It's just a shame the Vikings don't have a quarterback who is clutch enough to bring his team back from a deficit in a nationally televised game.  I know people are going to say "it was just the Colts," but that was a very impressive comeback.  I wrote them off 8 hours ago, looked at the TV, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they came back from being down 33-0 at halftime. 

Nice job Vikings, and especially, Kirk Cousins killing the old narrative that he couldn't do that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

It's just a shame the Vikings don't have a quarterback who is clutch enough to bring his team back from a deficit in a nationally televised game.  I know people are going to say "it was just the Colts," but that was a very impressive comeback.  I wrote them off 8 hours ago, looked at the TV, and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they came back from being down 33-0 at halftime. 

Nice job Vikings, and especially, Kirk Cousins killing the old narrative that he couldn't do that. 

Watch the Colts much?  Because that was a such a Colts way to lose a game.Sitting with a few Colts friends, i suggested we go out and pretend that they won so that no one had to watch the inevitable meltdown.  I used to do it at bengals games before Marvin lewis.  leave with a big lead and avoid finding out what painful new way they found to choke away a game.  They didn't listen to me, and will be miserable for a week plus.

The Vikings defense isn't stopping anyone after the wild card round, if they make it that far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

They deserve a lot of credit for the comeback. 

That said, I don't know how much that changes the opinion on them. They did put themselves in the position to begin with after all 

• Like 1