Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

12 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well the good news is the playoffs is all about survive and advance. Being in a lot of close games can help. Last season when the Rams struggled to beat the Vikings and Ravens that helped them in the playoffs when they had to barely pull it out against the Bucs late and had to come from behind down 10pts in the 4th quarter against both the Niners and Bengals to win the Superbowl.

The difference though between the Rams and the Vikings is I don’t see that one or two guys on defense that will not allow the team to lose. Like I don’t see a Donald or Von on defense that will just take over a game late and shutdown a team no matter who the opponent is. Offense can catch fire and we know the kicker can make big clutch kicks but the defense need to buckle down especially against the top tier teams in the NFC.

Hunter is coming on as of late and KOC has been fairly critical of the conservative nature of the defense. It’s been noticeably more aggressive since the second half of the Indy game. The defense is not a playoff caliber defense but if they can create a couple turnovers per game and keep teams under 24-28 points, they have a shot. Defense has to play more aggressively as they don’t have the talent to beat you up front and cover.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

It took a 61yd FG at the buzzer at home to beat the struggling Giants. So they didn’t take that “greatest comeback in NFL history” and build off it. Not saying they should’ve blown out the Giants but at least don’t let the game come down to a 61yd FG to win.

Vikings fans should fear either the Vikings getting beat in round one by a team that barely got in or if they do win get blown out in round two by one of the better teams like Philly, Dallas, or SF. 

The fact that that they didn't have a huge letdown after a tough emotional win is a plus.  They've had issues following up games like that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The fact that that they didn't have a huge letdown after a tough emotional win is a plus.  They've had issues following up games like that

Yep.

I thought 100 percent they would let the packers down and lose

Kudos to them

After 2 emotional wins, they can take next week off though as to not show the packers their tools though

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Yep.

I thought 100 percent they would let the packers down and lose

Kudos to them

After 2 emotional wins, they can take next week off though as to not show the packers their tools though

Next week is when they put it all together and look like they did week 1

• Like 3

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

They are a fine team. Deserve a lot of credit for all the success this year. Yes, they've been fortunate, but it's not all luck.  I don't think they are great, but they are definitely a team that deserves to be in the playoffs and can win some.  Once you get there, anything is in play. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chargers said:

You saying that cause you dont like kirk or something else. Because to me they look like '19 49ers more than packers

The 19 49ers had a dominant unit. Their defense.

The Vikings aren't great at anything and their defense is horrible lol

Edited by CP3MVP

39 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The 19 49ers had a dominant unit. Their defense.

The Vikings aren't great at anything and their defense is horrible lol

We could also make the argument that the 2019 49ers offense were better that the current offense of the Vikings!

But their luck or their magic could last for the rest of the year, including the playoffs (like the Broncos in 2015 when no one believed they could win with possibly the NFL's worst QB in 2015 season) or they could be crush in the playoffs from the start

None of his scenarios would surprise me!