Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While there were drops, several in fact let's not pretend the Eagles defense as a whole didn't come to play. 

Blitzes, Pressures, Sacks,  PDU,  INT. Vikings had no answers last night. Let's be real.

Not taking anything away from the Eagles. They are a good team. I am just saying the Vikings are better than what they put on film. Eagles were not gifted a win by any stretch of the imagination, they were impressive.  

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Kirk Cousins seems like the textbook example of QB purgatory - too bad to lead a team through a deep playoff run and SB, but too good to score a chance at a top tier rookie QB to build up.

He's the guy you simply have - you don't get better or worse as a team, you're just flat.

He is 100% this, ive known it and been saying it for years.

5 hours ago, BigTrav said:

If Kurt is this bad, how has so many people predicted Jefferson with a “historic” or exceptional year? I understand how good he is, but surely a receiver can’t do that if his QB represents purgatory? 

is this Kirk revisionism after a bad game again?

See Josh Gordon's 2013 season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BigTrav said:

If Kurt is this bad, how has so many people predicted Jefferson with a “historic” or exceptional year? I understand how good he is, but surely a receiver can’t do that if his QB represents purgatory? 

is this Kirk revisionism after a bad game again?

Because 90% of the Vikings games don't involve Primetime Kirk. The QB who folds like a lawn chair and sucks.

This week vs Lions watch Cousins throw for 400yds and 4TD during his 1pm start. Jefferson 130 2TD. It's coming.

Edited by Nabbs4u

• 1 month later...

They have the offensive potential to be a contender,but the advanced metrics on that pass defense is shaky.

Peterson has been really solid for them back there though. 40% completion rate allowed and only 56% deserved catch rate allowed per SIS data hub.

His secondary mates are a different story though.

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So, it's been plenty of time. 6-1 with their only loss being to the unbeaten Eagles. 

Real? Or just lucky?

My feelings aren’t any different at this point. I wouldn’t say they are lucky, but they’ve had an easy schedule it seems. Offensively, they just aren’t there yet and the defense isn’t very good. I think this month will be very telling with the Commanders, Bills, Cowboys and Patriots coming up. 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We'll find out in weeks 10 (@BUF) and 11 (vs DAL)

They should be able to beat up the Commies this weekend. Hopefully Hockenson can get their playbook down quickly.

Not everyone is the Eagles — teams that don’t have a dozen quality NFL starters scattered across their OL/DL actually find the Commies to be a relatively tough out. At least since they yanked WJ3 and the secondary developed reasonable competence. If the Vikes can keep Kirk clean, Jefferson will likely eat to his heart’s content, but that’s easier said than done with the way the DL has been playing lately.

I think it’ll be a closer affair than “beating up on us” status. After the Snyder news this week, that stadium is going to be rocking in a way it hasn’t in a LONG time. Kirk blew enough meaningful games for us when he played here, the least he can do is return the favor on his homecoming. I’d like that.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Not everyone is the Eagles — teams that don’t have a dozen quality NFL starters scattered across their OL/DL actually find the Commies to be a relatively tough out. At least since they yanked WJ3 and the secondary developed reasonable competence. If the Vikes can keep Kirk clean, Jefferson will likely eat to his heart’s content, but that’s easier said than done with the way the DL has been playing lately.

I think it’ll be a closer affair than “beating up on us” status. After the Snyder news this week, that stadium is going to be rocking in a way it hasn’t in a LONG time. Kirk blew enough meaningful games for us when he played here, the least he can do is return the favor on his homecoming. I’d like that.

Vikes should be able to beat up WAS. Their roster isn't Philly stacked, but it's a damn good roster.
One of the best OT duo's in the NFL.
One of the best pass rushing duo's in the NFL
One of the best WR duo's in the NFL
One of the best RB's
A top 10 TE
Good ILB's

That team is very talented on both sides of the ball. It's also not a prime time game, which means it's good Kirk in a revenge game. Commies are gonna get blown out by a rampaging Kirk Cousins.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Vikes should be able to beat up WAS. Their roster isn't Philly stacked, but it's a damn good roster.
One of the best OT duo's in the NFL.
One of the best pass rushing duo's in the NFL
One of the best WR duo's in the NFL
One of the best RB's
A top 10 TE
Good ILB's

That team is very talented on both sides of the ball. It's also not a prime time game, which means it's good Kirk in a revenge game. Commies are gonna get blown out by a rampaging Kirk Cousins.

Yeah, and all of that can be true and all, but since Week One, they’ve lost to the Eagles (by basically the identical score the Commanders did) and played one-score games against the Lions, Saints, Bears, Dolphins (with Bridgewater and Skylar Thompson), and Cardinals.

They’ve always had that kind of talent, and they’ve never run through people like you would think they should. And they aren’t this year, either. They’ve been squeaking out tight wins against a powder puff schedule — which is better than losing, obviously, but they haven’t “beaten up” on anyone since they exposed the Packers in Week One. 

They’re clearly the better team, and my money would certainly be on them to win. But if they’re not beating up on the Lions and Cardinals and Bears (oh my), I don’t think it makes much sense to assume they’ll suddenly become a dominating juggernaut this week. 

And as for Kirk, good luck trying to guess what you’ll get from him in a “revenge game.” It’s absolutely equal chance that you’ll get Good Kirk or Bad Kirk, though potentially stronger likelihood of the latter since his emotions and peripheral thoughts will be flowing. He usually can’t handle that. And let’s be honest, even Good Kirk hasn’t been that good this year. If anything, he’s been Anti-Kirk so far — mediocre production but actually winning. Arguably the most unexpected development of the entire season to this point.