GDT 9/18/22 - Miami Dolphins (1-0) @ Baltimore Ravens (1-0) - 1pm EST

drd23

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

What information do you have that Marlon's injury is something that is not going to get better by January 2023?

It's just how the season goes? Players who get hurt during the season don't generally get healthier because <1 week is really not enough time for the body to heal. We'll see what happens, but Marlon's already on a pitch count and we're in week 2...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's just how the season goes? Players who get hurt during the season don't generally get healthier because <1 week is really not enough time for the body to heal. We'll see what happens, but Marlon's already on a pitch count and we're in week 2...

Yeah we’re gonna have to shut him down and let him rest at some point… maybe he sits this week and give home two weeks to prepare for the bills… we should be able to beat NE without him especially being able to implement a game plan knowing he’s not playing cause god knows we can’t adjust in game smh 

20 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

This loss is not the end of the world. The Dolphins with these weapons will have these type of games. The offense is obviously not to blame for most of this, but they do need to figure out the running back running game during the course of the season.

Honestly this season, if something doesn’t drastically change with the run game needs to be curtains for Roman.

IMO there’s just no excuse for the running game to struggle like this going into another season. None. Last season the excuse of JKD and Gus going down made some sense. But this season we have 15 TEs and can’t create a rushing attack?

Roman is supposed to be a “running game” guru and to this point he has not been able to fix the run game without putting his QB in jeopardy. So either he needs to be fired at seasons end or the OL coach needs to be fired expeditiously.

I’m confident Lamar will be able to perform as a passer/runner whether he’s being forced to use his head as a battering ram for the good of the run game or not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly this season, if something doesn’t drastically change with the run game needs to be curtains for Roman.

IMO there’s just no excuse for the running game to struggle like this going into another season. None. Last season the excuse of JKD and Gus going down made some sense. But this season we have 15 TEs and can’t create a rushing attack?

Roman is supposed to be a “running game” guru and to this point he has not been able to fix the run game without putting his QB in jeopardy. So either he needs to be fired at seasons end or the OL coach needs to be fired expeditiously.

I’m confident Lamar will be able to perform as a passer/runner whether he’s being forced to use his head as a battering ram for the good of the run game or not.

Easy time for the knives to come out I know but there's also a broader meta issue here where you have to wonder why Harbaugh has basically prioritized his loyalty to Roman in a way that has IMO undermined his relationship with key offensive players - including I think Lamar - when we're now going on about 2 years since we've seen Roman do what at the bare minimum he's supposed to be good at (scheming a running game). 

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

The only reason I've been adamant on keeping Roman around is because of how I've viewed his running concepts and how dominant our run game has been historically.

If that goes away, which it appears is happening because Roman isn't employing any of his creative stuff we've seen for years, I'm fully on board with moving on.

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

when we're now going on about 2 years since we've seen Roman do what at the bare minimum he's supposed to be good at (scheming a running game). 

It's also worth reflecting on the fact that the last time we had the running game really cooking- any competent OC could've put up huge numbers with those players at their disposable. 

I mean how many plus run game players does our "run game guru" OC need? Lamar is the greatest run game facilitator in NFL history and we've been unable to field an even competent attack across multiple seasons now. The Flacco led Jets out produced us on the ground, with a line that couldn't stop our DIs to save their lives. It's embarrassing. 

Our passing game is much more of threat now than it was at the start of the Lamar era too. The running game should actually be more opened up.

The inability to field a successful running game and the continued issues with getting in plays late reeks of a coaching staff that is entirely too comfortable(and that's the most charitable interpretation). As an owner Biscotti needs to really survey the field and throw down some pressure. We're trying to convince a young phenom QB to sign an extension and our coaching staff is just casually admitting they need to address problems they themselves already identified and acknowledged a year ago+. It's not acceptable. 

• Like 3