Let’s Talk Coaching - Who Are You Most Concerned With?

brownie man

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Maybe Zac Taylor is inspirational and a great leader of men, and has created a great culture and that's part of why the Bengals succeeded last year. But he should not be a part of the Xs and Os.

Your whole point was spot on, but this is what it comes down to.

We’ll see how long the play calling duties last. It really hurts to see Burrow deteriorate like this. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I disagree on Staley, I love his approach to the game. Chargers underachieved last year for sure but this year they should be 2-0(reversed interceptions, Everett giving up at the 1 leading to a pick 6). They find their consistency with his approach to the game and Herbert leading them and it’s lights out.

But they aren't 2-0.

- Rhule is one that I continue to be baffled with. 
- Hackett looks like he’s way in over his head.

- Good points on above in Taylor. Despite, CIN making a SB I still do not think anything of him. 

- HCs aside and talking coordinators. I still think nothing of Leftwich and think his playcalling is questionable and probably more often than not masked by having Brady.

Edited by RUGmen

6 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

Matt Rhule is dealing with Baker Mayflied

Mayfield's numbers are down across the board

Just as Darnold's were

Just as Bridgewater's were

Keep in mind these were all QBs Rhule chose to deal with. He gave a big contract to Bridgewater, traded picks for Darnold and signed off on his 5th year option being picked up, and he traded picks for Mayfield.

Matt Rhule goes out, gets bad QBs, and somehow ends up making them even worse than they were before.

Panthers have been bad before, but I have never seen the fanbase checked out like it is right now.  Most people don't even care anymore. Me personally, I'll probably just keep Panthers games on in the background on my other TV and watch RedZone on the other. Feels like a waste of time to spend Sundays focused on a terrible product that will be reset at the end of the year. 

Edited by iknowcool

20 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Mayfield's numbers are down across the board

Just as Darnold's were

Just as Bridgewater's were

Keep in mind these were all QBs Rhule chose to deal with. He gave a big contract to Bridgewater, traded picks for Darnold and signed off on his 5th year option being picked up, and he traded picks for Mayfield.

Matt Rhule goes out, gets bad QBs, and somehow ends up making them even worse than they were before.

Panthers have been bad before, but I have never seen the fanbase checked out like it is right now.  Most people don't even care anymore. Me personally, I'll probably just keep Panthers games on in the background on my other TV and watch RedZone on the other. Feels like a waste of time to spend Sundays focused on a terrible product that will be reset at the end of the year. 

Baker Mayfield / Darnold are legit bad though, Bridgewater sucked in Denver. 

Baker is so bad he doesnt even look CMC way

He actually makes DJ Moore look like OBJ in Cleveland lmao

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Colts look they will be sucking for Stroud or yacking for Young this season.  Reich and Ballard should be sweating blowing years on bad QBs

Unfortunately the Colts will beat the Chiefs (after tying Houston and losing to Jax) and finish with 7-8 wins out of reach of any of the top QBs in the draft. 

Joe Woods (Browns DC) is the worst coach in the NFL that I've seen this year. His team is undisciplined, not gap-sound, vanilla, and has had 3 50+ yard TD's where there wasn't a DB within 20 yards of the receiver. IN THE 4TH QUARTER. He likes to run vanilla zone inside of the red zone despite having multiple stud athletes in the secondary that can play press man coverage. He is fully reliant on Clowney/Garrett ruining offenses single-handedly. When those two aren't wrecking the game, the defense is absolutely pathetic. This man being employed makes my blood boil. He's been bad for years and it's now just becoming common knowledge that he's terrible.

He needs to be fired immediately.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Baker Mayfield / Darnold are legit bad though, Bridgewater sucked in Denver. 

Baker is so bad he doesnt even look CMC way

He actually makes DJ Moore look like OBJ in Cleveland lmao

But, again, they are all worse in Carolina. Go look at Darnold's numbers with New York and compare him to his year in Carolina. 

Baker in 2 games has by far his worst CMP%, TD%, Y/A, and QB Rating.  Look what Joe Flacco and the Jets did to Cleveland vs what we did to them.  The Giants just dominated us.  So it is safe to say Baker probably won't play any better despite it being a 2-game sample.

You say Bridgewater sucked in Denver, but he was still better there than he was in Carolina. Broncos won 7 games with him. We won 4.

I'm not saying those QBs aren't bad. I'm saying that they are worse in Carolina than they are anywhere else. Bad QBs come here and get worse.

And it isn't like we are some talent-devoid team. 

We consistently lose games because of horrendous coaching decisions.  A stat yesterday said only the Chiefs have held a lead more times than the Panthers during that stretch.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I disagree on Staley, I love his approach to the game. Chargers underachieved last year for sure but this year they should be 2-0(reversed interceptions, Everett giving up at the 1 leading to a pick 6). They find their consistency with his approach to the game and Herbert leading them and it’s lights out.

The thing with Staley is that in that Chiefs game, how many times did he punt the ball on 4th and short in Chiefs territory? Part of what made LAC exciting and good last year was their aggressiveness and forward thinking as an offense. Now, when he had the opportunity to showcase that again this year against the best team in their division, he tucks his tail between his legs and punts the ball back to Patrick Mahomes. Shameful.

3 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

NFL fans are funny. Zac Taylor sucked for 2 years, then he was good while the Bengals made a playoff run, now he sucks again.

Jak has been pretty consistently on the "Zac Taylor is bad" bandwagon. There are a lot of people who did think Taylor was good last year simply because of their offensive success, but there were also a lot of people that saw through the façade.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The thing with Staley is that in that Chiefs game, how many times did he punt the ball on 4th and short in Chiefs territory? Part of what made LAC exciting and good last year was their aggressiveness and forward thinking as an offense. Now, when he had the opportunity to showcase that again this year against the best team in their division, he tucks his tail between his legs and punts the ball back to Patrick Mahomes. Shameful.

Jak has been pretty consistently on the "Zac Taylor is bad" bandwagon. There are a lot of people who did think Taylor was good last year simply because of their offensive success, but there were also a lot of people that saw through the façade.

I wasn’t talking about that poster specifically.

5 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

NFL fans are funny. Zac Taylor sucked for 2 years, then he was good while the Bengals made a playoff run, now he sucks again.

Not true.  TRons of fans, me included, and definitely a few from our forum, still heavily criticized his playcalling.  Most attribute the Super Bowl run to Joe changing the plays at the line.