Giants sign LB Jaylon Smith

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

When he was in GB, it was very easy to see just how slow he had become.  There was just no speed, quickness or even anticipation there.  

Always kinda sad when you see that kinda thing.  The "athlete" player who loses their athleticism, and just doesn't have much of anything else to fall back on.

He was a fun player to watch when he first hit the scene, and certainly in college.  But ehhh...when the athleticism leaves those sort of players, it gets ugly pretty quickly.

16 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Always kinda sad when you see that kinda thing.  The "athlete" player who loses their athleticism, and just doesn't have much of anything else to fall back on.

He was a fun player to watch when he first hit the scene, and certainly in college.  But ehhh...when the athleticism leaves those sort of players, it gets ugly pretty quickly.

It was tough for me, concerning Jaylon.  I loved him coming out and hated that he got that injury.  And I think we all knew that the injury was going to age him quickly in the NFL.  But, he got paid nicely for a few years and had a great go of it.  He's just not a quality LB any longer.

• Like 1