The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, true2form said:

Thanks for spelling this all out.  

So it all comes down to perspective.  It seems that just about every Raiders fan is saying what NCough is saying, simply, do more offense. Score 24+ and stop making mistakes.

I'm in the minority saying, we are playing a half a game, each game at best and we are close to doing what NCough(and most fans) is asking for. Can we just get out of our own way for once and what does that look like? Do we put up 30+ or 40+ when everything just clicks?

At this point the only thing that matters is winning.  Either side of the ball could play amazing from here on out, but if we don't win no one will care.

What this team is capable of and what we will do does not always align.  One major issue is what happened against the Cards.  Now it might not have happened to that degree in the past but Carr or Carr led teams have a habit of playing down to their opponents and also taking their foot off the gas.  This has been brought up for years that Carr does not have the killer instinct.  I would like to see him start playing to win instead of trying not to lose when we have a lead.  I want to see Jacobs on the sideline laughing like McFadden against the Broncos.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

Btw, trust me, I wanna see carr improve too, and it has zero to do with this forum. If I didnt like y’all’s opinions/posts and respect everybody’s knowledge I wouldn’t have been reading for 17 yrs.🤣🤣 I’m sick to death of being a laughingstock, I was spoiled as a young fan, 3 sbs in my first 8 yrs spoiled. I’ve spent almost 16 yrs living in the KC market 10 with coaches named schottenheimer and Reid ( that’s a lot of losses and sh*t talking.😆) I wanna win games, period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

We’ve been playing down to our opponents for a helluva lot longer that the last 8 yrs bro.....seriously......like, A LOT LONGER!!! we get you don’t completely, all the way.....sometimes yes sometimes no.....really and truly like DC. 😆😆😆😆😆

I agree.  The issue with Carr is that he does not have to.  He is talented enough to put teams away and does not.  That is part of what makes him frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

We haven’t beat a team by more than a TD since last October vs Eagles and Broncos 

It's almost like there's another side of the ball that might contribute to that. Maybe we shouldn't give up as many points as we do. How hard is it to not be a bottom 20 defense in scoring? For us, apparently pretty hard

Yep, between him AND stupid *ss playcalling?..... it’s beyond frustrating it’s maddening. There have been times when I’ve straight lost it. 2 wks ago I left my moms , it was 20-0.... I told her and my step pops “ no lead is safe with us” I want at least 35-0 and I’ll relax. And after the last 20 yrs? I meant it 100%. I hate to admit it, but I only speak the truth. Sportsmanship can wait until it’s about 48-0 IMO. Keep the pedal on the gas, keep squeezing until that arm falls limp!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's almost like there's another side of the ball that might contribute to that. Maybe we shouldn't give up as many points as we do. How hard is it to not be a bottom 20 defense in scoring? For us, apparently pretty hard

Another excellent point, the last really good d we had, had guys named beikert, romanowski and Thomas on it, and yes, I’m absolutely calling out our 20 yr dooky line backing corps lineups on purpose!! 😆😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Another excellent point, the last really good d we had, had guys named beikert, romanowski and Thomas on it, and yes, I’m absolutely calling out our 20 yr dooky line backing corps lineups on purpose!! 😆😡

It's true though. People love to forget how atrocious our defenses have been for a very long time. Bias mindsets will do that to you though. As someone who loves good defense, it's been pretty annoying

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's true though. People love to forget how atrocious our defenses have been for a very long time. Bias mindsets will do that to you though. As someone who loves good defense, it's been pretty annoying

Both points are totally valid, but you certainly cannot hang ALL of our red zone woes on DC, period, between Dc, playcalling, drops, & penalties just basic math gives us a 1 outta 5 ratio. All contribute. Go back and watch schottenheimer videos discussing us, half of his strategy was letting us beat ourselves. That’s true stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In the 5 wins since that Eagles game the defense averaged 22.4 points a game.  In 3 of those games we gave up 13, 14, and 20 points.  So when the defense gives up 33 to the Cowboys I am happy with just a win but when the defense holds the Browns to 13 I expect a bigger win.  Now I know this is not a huge deal but an example to show that Carr takes it easy when they get a lead.  The same way when we are the favorite it seems the team craps the bed.  In week 2 everyone took it easy but as the leader he could have changed that and it is a time when it bit us in the butt.  With a team that is going to have to fight its way into the playoffs we cannot afford to give games away.

• Like 1