The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree he could have been kept safe by Carr keeping the ball low especially after he already got blasted going over the middle.

I love what Waller can do but know he has his limitations.  I was leaning towards trading him this year instead of paying him especially after we got Adams.  @ronjon1990 said he is a really good version of Cook.  I kept saying he is not a physical player when we where all arguing about his production falling off.  

I really think Waller and Renfrow have issues with something that is going on behind closed doors.  I do not know what it is but they seem disinterested a lot.

I genuinely believe it's the scheme. 

McDaniels is using them (and Adams, Carr, Jacobs, etc) as part and parcel replications of guys he had in New England, and that's just largely not their game. 

Adams running sweeps and taking flea flickers? Seriously? Green Bay fans would be appalled. Adams is a dominant WR with finesse and pass catching ability, he's not Julian Edelman and a Swiss Army Knife. 

Waller is a great pass catching big WR lining up at TE for mismatches, he's not Rob Gronkowski. 

Josh Jacobs, as he's been playing thus far, isn't just a body out of the backfield that doesn't need momentum on his side to be effective. 

Hunter Renfrow isn't Edelman or Welker or whoever he's emulating. 

Carr isn't Brady, and that's not even an insult. 

When you have guys with talent in one area playing a role of someone whose talents were in another, it's going to look like what we've seen: glimpses of brilliance buoyed by raw talent, but ultimately inconsistent and disjointed and labored. And I think that's bound to have effect, especially on a Waller who is very good at being a non-traditional TE and Renfrow being a small, slowish, but spectacular route runner. 

You coach too. You know as well as I that no two players are exactly alike and that real life isn't Madden where someone with a 99 rating is going to dominate regardless of scheme. You don't draft Peyton Manning to run an RPO offense, you don't draft Big Mike Williams (the USC one) to run an air raid offense with, you don't draft a Greg Dulchich to play an in-line blocking TE role, you don't draft a big mauling LG who runs a 5.3 to run a sweep and pull-heavy run scheme, etc etc. 

And that, I wholeheartedly believe, is a major hangup for us. 

We had talent prior to McDaniels. And we've brought in some talent under McDaniels. In fact, I think a rebuilding team would have suited McDaniels because I actually really like most of the personnel moves made under his watch. I'm harsh on him, but I can appreciate what I see him being fairly good at. 

But I don't think he's a guy to come in and take a mostly established roster to the next level by pigeonholing players into roles within his pre-established system. Just doesn't work that way. Problem is, we signed contracts with "our guys" with an eye on a 3-4 year window, and to go into a full rebuild to suit what McDaniels probably needs would be an admission of both defeat and poor judgement. 

It seems like a bad marriage, to me, and I think it's going to be apparent in our players' attitudes as the year drags on. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

“Looks like Derek Carr purposely not throwing the ball to Adams” Orlosky

An elite WR will either Evelate a QB or expose him. Carr excuses are done.

Love this quote. 

It is definitely exposing Carr for who he is. Carr’s vision on the field is some the worst QB vision I have ever seen and people are finallyyyy starting to take note. The amount of plays Carr leaves on the field is literally mind boggling. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

“Looks like Derek Carr purposely not throwing the ball to Adams” Orlosky

An elite WR will either Evelate a QB or expose him. Carr excuses are done.

Same crap with Cooper. People saying josh tells him where he gots to throw the ball. Its laughable at some of these excuses. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I genuinely believe it's the scheme. 

McDaniels is using them (and Adams, Carr, Jacobs, etc) as part and parcel replications of guys he had in New England, and that's just largely not their game. 

Adams running sweeps and taking flea flickers? Seriously? Green Bay fans would be appalled. Adams is a dominant WR with finesse and pass catching ability, he's not Julian Edelman and a Swiss Army Knife. 

Waller is a great pass catching big WR lining up at TE for mismatches, he's not Rob Gronkowski. 

Josh Jacobs, as he's been playing thus far, isn't just a body out of the backfield that doesn't need momentum on his side to be effective. 

Hunter Renfrow isn't Edelman or Welker or whoever he's emulating. 

Carr isn't Brady, and that's not even an insult. 

When you have guys with talent in one area playing a role of someone whose talents were in another, it's going to look like what we've seen: glimpses of brilliance buoyed by raw talent, but ultimately inconsistent and disjointed and labored. And I think that's bound to have effect, especially on a Waller who is very good at being a non-traditional TE and Renfrow being a small, slowish, but spectacular route runner. 

You coach too. You know as well as I that no two players are exactly alike and that real life isn't Madden where someone with a 99 rating is going to dominate regardless of scheme. You don't draft Peyton Manning to run an RPO offense, you don't draft Big Mike Williams (the USC one) to run an air raid offense with, you don't draft a Greg Dulchich to play an in-line blocking TE role, you don't draft a big mauling LG who runs a 5.3 to run a sweep and pull-heavy run scheme, etc etc. 

And that, I wholeheartedly believe, is a major hangup for us. 

We had talent prior to McDaniels. And we've brought in some talent under McDaniels. In fact, I think a rebuilding team would have suited McDaniels because I actually really like most of the personnel moves made under his watch. I'm harsh on him, but I can appreciate what I see him being fairly good at. 

But I don't think he's a guy to come in and take a mostly established roster to the next level by pigeonholing players into roles within his pre-established system. Just doesn't work that way. Problem is, we signed contracts with "our guys" with an eye on a 3-4 year window, and to go into a full rebuild to suit what McDaniels probably needs would be an admission of both defeat and poor judgement. 

It seems like a bad marriage, to me, and I think it's going to be apparent in our players' attitudes as the year drags on. 

This.

But this doesn't answer why you keep five running backs on the roster over some a corner that could probably help us out right now(do you know, because it's the more valuable position being harder to replace it all)  only to play the 32 year-old one over the two you drafted and the one you let the starter level one go for 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

This.

But this doesn't answer why you keep five running backs on the roster over some a corner that could probably help us out right now(do you know, because it's the more valuable position being harder to replace it all)  only to play the 32 year-old one over the two you drafted and the one you let the starter level one go for 

Bolden clearly a scholarship player. Scared of Losing brown on practice squad to waste a roster spot for a whole year is silly. I figure they sign Bolden to be the vet to teach rbs the keys to mcdaniels playbook. I never thought he was making the roster. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Bolden clearly a scholarship player. Scared of Losing brown on practice squad to waste a roster spot for a whole year is silly. I figure they sign Bolden to be the vet to teach rbs the keys to mcdaniels playbook. I never thought he was making the roster. 

My thing though is OK make him a mentor but why does he have to play