The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Same crap with Cooper. People saying josh tells him where he gots to throw the ball. Its laughable at some of these excuses. 

Yeah it’s really laughable. Carr has no awareness, other QB’s would spot the open guy and throw there. It’s called having vision and awareness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Now if the season is lost, which it is not yet but close, I want to see one of the other QBs get some PT so we can gauge Carr's play.  If Stidham can hit those plays and make the offense look the way it is suppose to look then maybe we should move on even if the QB is not on Carr's level.  Regardless I would like to see Gannon as Carr's QB coach.  At least then we would hopefully see a QB that has some fire.

As for Carr's vision and awareness wish I could bring up some of the past arguments.  I do not remember who else agreed but this has been brought up for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

If Stidham can hit those plays and make the offense look the way it is suppose to look then maybe we should move on even if the QB is not on Carr's level. 

I agree. Although not really a fair comparison if Stidham doesn’t hit those guys. We know who Stidham is, just like we know who Carr is. Stidham is not a Top 45 QB in this league. And while us Carr Critics (I do not think Critic = Hater like these Carr Backers always argue) think low of Carr, we still realize he’s a starting NFL QB, bare minimum Top 25, while likely in the 13-18 range. Sure Carr shows flashes of Top 6-7 QB play all the time, but he shows flashes of Bottom 6-7 QB play alllll the time as well. For basically 7 years now. 

If you want to play it safe in this league, and keep a QB that is not that good and never will be anywhere close to elite, then you aren’t going to win in this league. You need to gamble in the draft and try to hit on a QB with upside in the first two rounds, preferably the first round. Preferably the Top 15 picks. Even if the QB is raw as hell. You want those crazy traits you can develop. That is the type of league we are in now. Guys like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, etc dominate. A strong arm, some wheels and play extension ability, and supreme pocket presence. Tom Brady is of a dying breed at QB, this is the era of play extension, and Brady is still going strong due to having the greatest pocket presence that has ever existed. Carr’s pocket presence is abysmal, and he has no extension ability to compensate. He also has just way too many flaws, no anticipation throw skill, poor at throwing into tight coverage, etc. 

I’m willing to risk getting worse at the QB position, in a gamble to get better at the QB position. 

Don’t wanna take risks? Enjoy another 8 years of Derek Carr with 2-3 wildcard appearances and first round exits. 

The best teams take risks in life. All or nothing. You’re either the best, or the worst. The best businesses take risks in life to become the best. Either you’re the best, or you’re nothing. Risks can crush you, or they can make you the best. But I can assure you, what gets you nothing 100% of the time, is being conservative. That gets you mediocracy. That gets you average. End Result: Nothing. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

We got rid of him because of a theory that he wouldn't be good to the following year. 

I was okay with trying another year to see if he could make it work but I also said it would come down to his coordinators.  When there were rumors of him keeping Olson I wanted to move on.  Not saying they would have been worse but I doubt we would have been happy that way either.

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree. Although not really a fair comparison if Stidham doesn’t hit those guys. We know who Stidham is, just like we know who Carr is. Stidham is not a Top 45 QB in this league. And while us Carr Critics (I do not think Critic = Hater like these Carr Backers always argue) think low of Carr, we still realize he’s a starting NFL QB, bare minimum Top 25, while likely in the 13-18 range. Sure Carr shows flashes of Top 6-7 QB play all the time, but he shows flashes of Bottom 6-7 QB play alllll the time as well. For basically 7 years now. 

If you want to play it safe in this league, and keep a QB that is not that good and never will be anywhere close to elite, then you aren’t going to win in this league. You need to gamble in the draft and try to hit on a QB with upside in the first two rounds, preferably the first round. Preferably the Top 15 picks. Even if the QB is raw as hell. You want those crazy traits you can develop. That is the type of league we are in now. Guys like Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, etc dominate. A strong arm, some wheels and play extension ability, and supreme pocket presence. Tom Brady is of a dying breed at QB, this is the era of play extension, and Brady is still going strong due to having the greatest pocket presence that has ever existed. Carr’s pocket presence is abysmal, and he has no extension ability to compensate. He also has just way too many flaws, no anticipation throw skill, poor at throwing into tight coverage, etc. 

I’m willing to risk getting worse at the QB position, in a gamble to get better at the QB position. 

Don’t wanna take risks? Enjoy another 8 years of Derek Carr with 2-3 wildcard appearances and first round exits. 

The best teams take risks in life. All or nothing. You’re either the best, or the worst. The best businesses take risks in life to become the best. Either you’re the best, or you’re nothing. Risks can crush you, or they can make you the best. But I can assure you, what gets you nothing 100% of the time, is being conservative. That gets you mediocracy. That gets you average. End Result: Nothing. 

I would not expect the team to be better with Stidham but rather the offense looking more natural and making sense.  Kind of like when Mariota got to play in Gruden's offense.  The ability and willingness of the QB to run at the right times made the offense look the way it was suppose to.  If MM was a better passer we might have had something.  I really thought Fitzpatrick looked like a natural fit for Gruden's offense.   Maybe that is because his style reminded me of Gannon.

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I was okay with trying another year to see if he could make it work but I also said it would come down to his coordinators.  When there were rumors of him keeping Olson I wanted to move on.  Not saying they would have been worse but I doubt we would have been happy that way either.

I didn't know about the Olson rumors but yea that would've been a problem if they kept him

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Does this jmd offense look better than Olsen? Still putting up same amount of points. Same stupid trick plays. Same Rdz results. Btw I’m not an Olsen fan. 

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Does this jmd offense look better than Olsen? Still putting up same amount of points. Same stupid trick plays. Same Rdz results. Btw I’m not an Olsen fan. 

It's been 3 games. Let's see where it's at midseason and gauge. 

Really hard on an offense when your defense gives up 21 points in 3 drives to stay on schedule. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Really hard on an offense when your defense gives up 21 points in 3 drives to stay on schedule. 

They haven't stayed on schedule in any game, in any half though. He doesn't want to stick with the run. And jmd picked his staff. He wanted Graham. Make it work. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The best teams take risks in life. 

Id argue that changing your HC, OC or DC every 1 or 2 years is risky. 
How many teams change coaches after making playoffs? 
I do not think we are a top team. Do you?

The best teams across the league, have coaches, scheme and an identity in place, and they draft players that fill those 3 needs. 
One of our problem is we draft like crap, because we are constantly changing schemes. 

-
KC ill admit took a risk in Mahommes, but it was a very calculated risk. Had a very very well built team, an amazing coach in place, and took a QB that their HC wanted. 

Which are the best teams that you think took risks? 

-
edit - going to add to this, but taking unnecessary risks is our problem. It is NOT what good teams do:
Taking DHB over Crabs was a Risk
Taking Leatherwood over Darrisaw Risk
Taking Cle, Ruggs, Arnette over other highly ranked players Risk

Id argue weve been the riskiest team in the draft the past few years LOL. 
Why do you take Cle at 4, when he is ranked 20th best, because you are risking that he is better then everyone thinks. 

Edited by BackinBlack

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

But so far results have been the same on offense? 

to me the team is producing the same as last year. Defense holding teams to 24 points and under offense can’t put up at least 24 points. If defense has to carry us we’re not gonna make it. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You do understand that this game is very complex, right? You do realize it'd be extremely rare for a team to be hitting their strides after only 3 weeks (remember no one played in the preseason) into it, right? 

Your expectations are kinda unrealistic