The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

In the 5 wins since that Eagles game the defense averaged 22.4 points a game.  In 3 of those games we gave up 13, 14, and 20 points.  So when the defense gives up 33 to the Cowboys I am happy with just a win but when the defense holds the Browns to 13 I expect a bigger win.  Now I know this is not a huge deal but an example to show that Carr takes it easy when they get a lead.  The same way when we are the favorite it seems the team craps the bed.  In week 2 everyone took it easy but as the leader he could have changed that and it is a time when it bit us in the butt.  With a team that is going to have to fight its way into the playoffs we cannot afford to give games away.

No disagreement here. Some people just fail to realize that someone other than Carr is on this team when they're assigning blame. It's childish is moronic but that's just the way they think I guess.

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

We don’t score Redzone TDs. Simple

We are actually tied for 9th, in Redzone Tds. . . . LOL.
Our percentage is brutal. . . but we have 6, which is tied for 9th, in redzone TDs. 

Your simple point, is wrong. 
Which is why its tough to argue with you, at your simplest level, your points are wrong

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Our percentage is brutal. . . but we have 6, which is tied for 9th, in redzone TDs. 

Which is why its tough to argue with you, at your simplest level, your points are wrong

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-red-zone-scoring-pct

This says we're 30th.

Where is this wrong? Please enlighten me.

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

We’re 9th on offense, 30th on defense I believe.

I never argued against our offense having poor (skewed) stats in the red zone. I simply pointed out that our defense has been atrocious and can't stop anyone which is seemingly true. BackinBlack seems adamant that I'm an idiot though and that my "simple point" is wrong so I'm asking him to explain himself and see if I truly am wrong or if he's arguing something that no one else is

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-red-zone-scoring-pct

This says we're 30th.

Where is this wrong? Please enlighten me.

Haha yeah percentage wise, we are brutal. 
bucksavage, said, we do not score redzone TDs, but we have 6 on the year, which is tied for 9th. 
Its incredibly frustrating because we should have 10 Redzone tds, minimum. 
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scores-per-game

Our problem is we havent scored a TD outside of the redzone. 
We dont have a rushing TD. 
We have a bottom 5 redzone D. 
We have no consistency. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

What this team is capable of and what we will do does not always align.  One major issue is what happened against the Cards.  Now it might not have happened to that degree in the past but Carr or Carr led teams have a habit of playing down to their opponents and also taking their foot off the gas.  This has been brought up for years that Carr does not have the killer instinct.  I would like to see him start playing to win instead of trying not to lose when we have a lead.  I want to see Jacobs on the sideline laughing like McFadden against the Broncos.

And a lot of fans like to put that on Carr and maybe it's partly true.  However, I think it's just as much about the defense over Carr's tenure.  Kinda hard to blow a team out if the other team is constantly scoring and the pressure is on the offense to be perfect to either stay ahead or at least keep up.  That's why most of our games over his tenure have been close,  win or loss, or we are getting blown out.  

We could never win a game 11-10 because our defense could never do that.  Other teams have that luxury, but we need an offense that scores 30+.  

I see a lot of comments about the defense only gave up X and why couldn't the offense get more.  Last week for example with the Titans only scoring 24 and the defense not giving anything up in the 2nd half.  However, isn't this exactly the same thing as what you're saying we do on offense?  Did our defense play better or did the Titans "let their foot off the gas"?

It's not always as simple as people make it out to be on here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I never argued against our offense having poor (skewed) stats in the red zone. I simply pointed out that our defense has been atrocious and can't stop anyone which is seemingly true. BackinBlack seems adamant that I'm an idiot though and that my "simple point" is wrong so I'm asking him to explain himself and see if I truly am wrong or if he's arguing something that no one else is

ah, meant to quote bucksavage, not you. 
100% agree that we need to improve our efficiency there. . .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

In the 5 wins since that Eagles game the defense averaged 22.4 points a game.  In 3 of those games we gave up 13, 14, and 20 points.  So when the defense gives up 33 to the Cowboys I am happy with just a win but when the defense holds the Browns to 13 I expect a bigger win.  Now I know this is not a huge deal but an example to show that Carr takes it easy when they get a lead.  The same way when we are the favorite it seems the team craps the bed.  In week 2 everyone took it easy but as the leader he could have changed that and it is a time when it bit us in the butt.  With a team that is going to have to fight its way into the playoffs we cannot afford to give games away.

And how many starting QBs did our defense play in those games?  You can't just leave out context.

There is no question our offense struggled the 2nd half of the season last year and we all know why, even if some don't want to admit it. Without Carr making the few plays he could with Renfrow and Zay Jones or Jacobs finally waking up at the end of the season, we lose even those games the defense held backups in check.

The offense this year is different, talented and struggling.

30 minutes ago, true2form said:

And a lot of fans like to put that on Carr and maybe it's partly true.  However, I think it's just as much about the defense over Carr's tenure.  Kinda hard to blow a team out if the other team is constantly scoring and the pressure is on the offense to be perfect to either stay ahead or at least keep up.  That's why most of our games over his tenure have been close,  win or loss, or we are getting blown out.  

We could never win a game 11-10 because our defense could never do that.  Other teams have that luxury, but we need an offense that scores 30+.  

I see a lot of comments about the defense only gave up X and why couldn't the offense get more.  Last week for example with the Titans only scoring 24 and the defense not giving anything up in the 2nd half.  However, isn't this exactly the same thing as what you're saying we do on offense?  Did our defense play better or did the Titans "let their foot off the gas"?

It's not always as simple as people make it out to be on here.  

I would love to know, over Carr's tenure:

1. The % of drives we have on offense resulting in TDs or FGs

2. The % of drives opponents have scored points on us.

3. The % of drives in which we gave up a TD instead of a FG. 

I'd bet the answer to number 1 is fairly average or above league average, number 2 is probably bottom 1/3 of the league average, and number 3 is probably bottom 4 in the league. 

It really doesn't matter how good the offense is if the defense is near league bottom and constantly giving up points. 

If it's the 4th Quarter with 2:50 remaining and we're down 38-33, we have to get a TD. HAVE to. It's a must. We cannot let time run out on us for a last second FG. We cannot afford to pass on a guaranteed score. 

2:03 remaining, we toss a deep TD pass. We go up 40-38. 

When have we ever had a defense we could sit back and say "They're gonna wrap this puppy up!". 

1:50 on the clock, D has to do it's job. Do you trust them to not allow the opponent to get into FG range? I don't. 

Say we went for 2 and got it, it's now 41-38. 

OT? Most likely. But with 1:50 left, I don't even trust our D not to f up and give up a TD. They've certainly not proven themselves capable of holding up their end of the bargain with any consistency. 

The excuses would range from:

"The offense scored too fast and left too much time" (despite not being in position to pass up a score) to "The offense should've scored more points" (despite putting up 40-41 points). 

I swear, people are so hell bent on getting rid of Carr that they'll somehow practice enough cognitive dissonance to essentially argue our defenses have ever been what anyone else would consider "good". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Where am I wrong at? We’re 26th in the NFL in redzone TD percentage.

2021- 29th red zone TDs %

2020 23rd red zone TDs %

We have made a league high 51 RZ field goals since 2020. 2nd is at 41

Yes we do not convert TDs in the Redzone

The lengths some of the posters go on the deflect blame and Defend Carr is ludicrous. It is almost some of you want the Raiders to only win if Carr is only the QB. 

Edited by bucksavage1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

More ridiculously low Redzone conversion TD rates