The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

edit - going to add to this, but taking unnecessary risks is our problem. It is NOT what good teams do:
Taking DHB over Crabs was a Risk
Taking Leatherwood over Darrisaw Risk
Taking Cle, Ruggs, Arnette over other highly ranked players Risk

Id argue weve been the riskiest team in the draft the past few years LOL. 
Why do you take Cle at 4, when he is ranked 20th best, because you are risking that he is better then everyone thinks. 

I don't consider this risk. This is stupidity. This is your FO thinking they are smarter than the rest of the league and setting your team back with bad decisions. 

All draft picks are risks. Reaching on a player when the consensus is he's ranked lower is negligence. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You do understand that this game is very complex, right? You do realize it'd be extremely rare for a team to be hitting their strides after only 3 weeks (remember no one played in the preseason) into it, right? 

Your expectations are kinda unrealistic 

Expecting an offense with carr, waller, adams and josh not to be able to put up at least 24 points is unrealistic? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

But so far results have been the same on offense? 

to me the team is producing the same as last year. Defense holding teams to 24 points and under offense can’t put up at least 24 points. If defense has to carry us we’re not gonna make it. 

Yes, so far they have been the same. The expectation is, they get better. If it's week 10 and they are not turning a corner, then clearly the message is not getting across. 

That said, why anyone thought this offense would be top 5 behind a bottom 5 Oline is beyond me to start with. If you can't protect Carr, you get the worst version of him. Nothing has surprised me thus far, but I had no expectations to begin with. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, so far they have been the same. The expectation is, they get better. If it's week 10 and they are not turning a corner, then clearly the message is not getting across. 

That said, why anyone thought this offense would be top 5 behind a bottom 5 Oline is beyond me to start with. If you can't protect Carr, you get the worst version of him. Nothing has surprised me thus far, but I had no expectations to begin with. 

At least the oline rotation has stopped…. I think

Just now, big_palooka said:

I don't consider this risk. This is stupidity. This is your FO thinking they are smarter than the rest of the league and setting your team back with bad decisions. 

All draft picks are risks. Reaching on a player when the consensus is he's ranked lower is negligence. 

Well I agree that it was stupid, I dont believe Gruden, or whoever was in charge, was trying to be stupid. They believed those players fit the team better than anyone else. They took a risk that said player fit their mold better than the higher rated player. Those risks cost them their jobs. The consensus pick, is the least risky person to take. 

I do agree all draft picks are risks. When you go against the consensus it becomes even riskier. 
-
If all draft picks are risks though, then I still dont see how the best teams take risks. It seems to me the conservative teams are typically the best the longest, whereas a risky team is more hot and cold. 
-
We traded for Adams, is that not a risk if not then id say we traded Mack for draft capital? A proven player, for risky picks

Raiders have taken risks. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

3 weeks into a brand new system, yes, it might be especially with a ****ty offensive line. Things aren't always as simple as you enjoy making it seem

When do you think we should expect to receive at least a 24 point offensive showing? 

oline is pretty set so we have to wait till next year?

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Does this jmd offense look better than Olsen? Still putting up same amount of points. Same stupid trick plays. Same Rdz results. Btw I’m not an Olsen fan. 

Because I would expect some early problems with a new offense I would say this offense has the potential to be better.  You are right that the current production is close but the Gruden offense in year 3 with Olsen running it was a 3 and out machine.  You could say they had to go through a mid season adjustment but I personally am not happy with either offense.

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

When do you think we should expect to receive at least a 24 point offensive showing? 

oline is pretty set so we have to wait till next year?

They're going to score more than 24 points this season. You just going to ignore the 3 weeks into a brand new season also? How convenient for you to be purposely ignorant.......

Want to make a bet how many times they score more than 24 points? Loser leaves the forum for good?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

We have been discussing a horrible o-line for six months now and many have said with the weapons we should be fine without a top o-line.  Now the o-line has become an excuse for many that believed Adams was more important than the line.

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They're going to score more than 24 points this season. You just going to ignore the 3 weeks into a brand new season also? How convenient for you to be purposely ignorant.......

Want to make a bet how many times they score more than 24 points? Loser leaves the forum for good?

Lolol enter the name calling right on que 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I think our irritation is we have called this mess for 6 months now while many have said to wait and see or Carr finally having a number 1 is more important.  It is very frustrating seeing an obvious hole and have the people making millions completely ignore it.  Why spend money on being a fan when you are better than or at least have shown to better than the past 10 years those getting paid by the organization.  Not saying I could coach but personnel decisions would have this team with much better talent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Because I would expect some early problems with a new offense I would say this offense has the potential to be better.  You are right that the current production is close but the Gruden offense in year 3 with Olsen running it was a 3 and out machine.  You could say they had to go through a mid season adjustment but I personally am not happy with either offense.

I’m talking about last year specifically post hr3. But I hear you.

you’re reasonable so I’ll ask you realistically in your opinion when do you think we’ll get better than a 24 point offensive production?

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have been discussing a horrible o-line for six months now and many have said with the weapons we should be fine without a top o-line.  Now the o-line has become an excuse for many that believed Adams was more important than the line.

This 1000% not an excuse for carr but the whole offense. All we needed were weapons. Now we have weapons and it’s well we have to learn how to use our weapons. Fair enough ok then when will we be ready?

Obviously the staff thinks we’re set on oline and these are high paid professionals coming from an elite patriots team…