The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

He really is. This ball needs to be caught. 
If someone cannot admit this, then clearly they are just biased and hate DC. 

It is far from a perfect throw, but is a ball that needs to be caught 10/10 times from a player like Waller. 

Y’all hate on me cause I say waller can’t do classic te stuff like block and be physical then get mad when he doesn’t do classic te stuff like make tough catches like this. A real te makes that play imo. A tough wr like to makes that catch. Finesse guys don’t make that catch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Y’all hate on me cause I say waller can’t do classic te stuff like block and be physical then get mad when he doesn’t do classic te stuff like make tough catches like this. A real te makes that play imo. A tough wr like to makes that catch. Finesse guys don’t make that catch 

We will just agree to disagree. 
2 hands on the ball, both feet on the ground, wearing sticky gloves, I think 99% of people in the nfl say that needs to be caught. 

Everyone is getting so soft, you get 2 hands on the ball, just fning catch it. Cant believe people disagree with that. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

We will just agree to disagree. 
2 hands on the ball, both feet on the ground, wearing sticky gloves, I think 99% of people in the nfl say that needs to be caught. 

Everyone is getting so soft, you get 2 hands on the ball, just fning catch it. Cant believe people disagree with that. 

Foster imo makes that catch 

I think foster has more redzone tds than waller I could be wrong tho

• Like 2

Also, just adding in. Again, i will say DC is the reason we lost week 1. 100% on him. 
But this season;
He is still # 9 in passing yards. 
# 9  in passing TDs
Tied #1 in 20 yard passes
Tied #3 in 40 yard passes
#9 in first down pass percent. 

All this, and everyone agrees he is not playing his best. 

The fact we cant win with some of those numbers (especially since 3 of the ints came week 1), says something too. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I totally agree with you from the point that Waller isn’t a traditional TE and doesn’t do the basics that well. Anyone earning what he does needs to catch that pass though 😁

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I totally agree with you from the point that Waller isn’t a traditional TE and doesn’t do the basics that well. Anyone earning what he does needs to catch that pass though 😁

Meh money can’t change him lol imo it’s like expecting hunter to run jet sweeps cause he’s a paid slot wr. Or us paying jacobs and he magically gains 4.4 speed. People are who they are. Waller has what 2-3 years experience at te? Real te’s been taking hits like that since high school at the very least. 

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh money can’t change him lol imo it’s like expecting hunter to run jet sweeps cause he’s a paid slot wr. Or us paying jacobs and he magically gains 4.4 speed. People are who they are. Waller has what 2-3 years experience at te? Real te’s been taking hits like that since high school at the very least. 

Yeh I think you’re right, I guess you’d say he ought to catch that for 17 mil then!

Crikey, for that money I’d take the hit in my shorts and t shirt 😄😄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh I think you’re right, I guess you’d say he ought to catch that for 17 mil then!

Crikey, for that money I’d take the hit in my shorts and t shirt 😄😄

He has his limitations and you have to live with that. We all knew he’s more wr than te. Also comes down to motivation and nobody is running through a wall for jmd especially after getting paid. Now why he won’t put his body on line for his teammates is interesting.

Put you gotta play fair tho can’t expect him to put his body on the line when others preach live for the next down/game/year etc 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Foster imo makes that catch 

I think foster has more redzone tds than waller I could be wrong tho

I'll say this:

Maybe Foster makes that grab. 

Ideally the pass was lower and Waller catches the ball and it's a non-issue. 

Every player has a ball go through his hands now and then. But every ayer isn't being paid top level TE money and making several bad drops per game. 

If Waller needs ideal passes in every situation to make a catch, he's not worth the money. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He has his limitations and you have to live with that. We all knew he’s more wr than te. Also comes down to motivation and nobody is running through a wall for jmd especially after getting paid. Now why he won’t put his body on line for his teammates is interesting.

Put you gotta play fair tho can’t expect him to put his body on the line when others preach live for the next down/game/year etc 

I'm starting to get some Jared Cook vibes, tbh. 

All the raw talent in the world, will make some major splash plays that top highlight reels, but takes plays off or objectively lacks effort and plays much smaller than his size. 

Cook was notorious for making some absolutely phenomenal sideline grabs like a contortionist, but would also become virtually non-existent in the middle of the field unless he was wide open and not at risk of getting touched. 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'll say this:

Every player has a ball go through his hands now and then. But every ayer isn't being paid top level TE money and making several bad drops per game. 

If Waller needs ideal passes in every situation to make a catch, he's not worth the money. 

You gotta be there for your team esp In the clutch if you’re tryna be “the guy”. Like I tell my players you better have a solid “why” because that why is gonna be tested repeatedly.

For example: “why” should I risk everything for this catch?

why should I run that extra lap

this year everyone’s “why” is being tested and we will find out who’s gonna tap out real quick 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

Lmao! Two hands? You catch it. Period. But yeah I’m old school. And to the carr haters with this placement garbage.....with this line? Cmon man. Gee, I remember about 4 or five years ago people were talking about the spin on his balls causing drops.....lmfao! And check the receipts, I’ve NEVER failed to call out his happy feet, ball security, locking in or floaters. He has limitations but at least gimme an upgrade replacement, and no, that’s not love, fields, lance, Willis or any other project. Hell, the one guy I would have given up picks for, half of the forum either slammed or nit picked to death. He was a top 5 pick his jr year and still was his sr year. He had all the tools. Hindsight is 20/20 but 2 2020 firsts and a 2021 first would definitely be worth a top 5 qb looking back. Unfortunately no one has a crystal ball. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'll say this:

I agree he could have been kept safe by Carr keeping the ball low especially after he already got blasted going over the middle.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I love what Waller can do but know he has his limitations.  I was leaning towards trading him this year instead of paying him especially after we got Adams.  @ronjon1990 said he is a really good version of Cook.  I kept saying he is not a physical player when we where all arguing about his production falling off.  

I really think Waller and Renfrow have issues with something that is going on behind closed doors.  I do not know what it is but they seem disinterested a lot.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree he could have been kept safe by Carr keeping the ball low especially after he already got blasted going over the middle.

I love what Waller can do but know he has his limitations.  I was leaning towards trading him this year instead of paying him especially after we got Adams.  @ronjon1990 said he is a really good version of Cook.  I kept saying he is not a physical player when we where all arguing about his production falling off.  

I really think Waller and Renfrow have issues with something that is going on behind closed doors.  I do not know what it is but they seem disinterested a lot.

I was operating with the idea that Adams,Waller, Renfrow trio would last one year. However, Stroud or Young could benefit from players like this