The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of course. I think he's being bracketed continuously and McDaniels isn't doing a good enough job getting him good looks. I have to see if i can get gamepass again and watch.

I'd add that Renfrow being out and Waller being low key invisible to outright bad hasn't helped it either. 

We have the individual players to warrant Adams getting more single looks, especially with Hollins showing out. 

But unless the D respects Renfrow and Waller also, they're just bodies out there that are "supposed to be good". Unless the idea is for Waller to play so poorly that people just stop covering him, that is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Translation... Carr is afraid of the coverage so not looking for his playmaker. 

2 fold, McDaniels needs to show he's worthy of the hype that's been placed on him for years as a play designer. Carr needs to trust his playmakers to make plays.

Week 1, he tossed 3 picks trying to force the ball to Adams. He's since reverted to being conservative with the ball and not giving him any shots to make plays. It's the thing I hate about Carr. He can get so into his own feelings, he shrinks from being the QB he can be. 

We have known this for years.  The best example was watching Cooper destroy Ramsey almost every single snap and Carr not looking to that side of the field almost the entire game.  People use to complain about Cooper dropping the ball but it is tough when you do not get your 2nd or 3rd target until the 4th quarter.  Now I think Cooper should have been more professional about it but I can also understand the frustration.  

The bolded is exactly the way I feel about Carr only you did a great job wording it.  This is why I have said I wish I could put Ryan Fitzpatrick's brain in Carr's body.  Maybe keep Fitzpatrick's hands though.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

He looked pretty good in the red zone when guys actually caught the ball. 

I agree we need to run the ball more Jacobs has looked good when he’s gotten opportunities.

Sorry but no.  Carr was 4-18 in the redzone.  He had the 1 int and 1 dropped TD but his 2 TDs where also issues.  The Adam's TD should have been incomplete but we got lucky and the Hollins TD was all Hollins.  Carr just put it up there and both players had to wait for it to come down before going after it.  High school players can make that throw.  I am happy Carr had faith in his WR but it was not a good throw.  If that is 3rd down in the first quarter Carr throws that away and gets a FG.  The Waller Int should have been low to protect his receiver and make it less likely to be picked but at the same time he should have caught it and taken the hit.  This loss is not on Carr but he did not have a great game.  He had 2 TDs but he got the TDs on plays he should not have and did not get TDs on the plays he should have.  People say that Waller should have caught the ball and we win but you can also say is if Carr throws it low we might also win even if Waller does not catch it.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry but no.  Carr was 4-18 in the redzone.  He had the 1 int and 1 dropped TD but his 2 TDs where also issues.  The Adam's TD should have been incomplete but we got lucky and the Hollins TD was all Hollins.  Carr just put it up there and both players had to wait for it to come down before going after it.  High school players can make that throw.  I am happy Carr had faith in his WR but it was not a good throw.  If that is 3rd down in the first quarter Carr throws that away and gets a FG.  The Waller Int should have been low to protect his receiver and make it less likely to be picked but at the same time he should have caught it and taken the hit.  This loss is not on Carr but he did not have a great game.  He had 2 TDs but he got the TDs on plays he should not have and did not get TDs on the plays he should have.  People say that Waller should have caught the ball and we win but you can also say is if Carr throws it low we might also win even if Waller does not catch it.  

Wait, so we complain when Carr doesn't toss layups for Adams into double coverage AND when he tosses a layup to Hollins? 

Sounds like an awful lot of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It is his fault he's ignoring Adams. Aaron Rodgers had no issue getting Adams the ball. Everyone knew where he wanted to go and teams couldn't stop them. He let his play making WR make plays.

Carr finally gets a dynamic WR and Adams just had his worst 2 game stretch since 2015 with Brett Hundley. Coincidence?  

Spare me the "scheming him open" comments. Adams game is winning at the catch point. He can't do that if you're not giving him chances.

Yeah, it's really pitiful. The reason Adams isn't getting the ball is because Carr will not throw to slightly covered WR's. Rodgers doesn't care, he is one of the best tight window throwers in league history. Rodgers will get it in there and dominate with Adams. Coverage doesn't matter. 

But, cue the "we're not using him right" comments.... when it's actually Carr being scared. 

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Truth is, they're misusing Adams to a painful degree, and it's showing. It's like they're using him like Julian Edelman, and that's not his game. 

There it is....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Purely asking the question for sake of discussion. Could McDaniels stay with the option to bring in his own QB? Would mark let that happen?

There is a lot of blame to go around, but I can't shake the fact that the QB is simply not the guy. He's good, not great and feels like the team barely buys into him most weeks. 

The way I look at it is this Derek Carr has gone to the playoffs the year before with inferior weapons. Josh McDaniel has not gone to the playoffs as a head coach. I think he have to prove that he can win with what we have because they've proven that they can win without him. But again, that's just my take

Maybe I'm reading too much into the post game comments. But Carr's comment about getting it right in practice before we can do it in a game.... I'm wondering if they're struggling in certain aspects and McDaniels is calling these plays regardless just hoping for success.

Also, wtf is McDaniels talking about "we need to learn to play for 60 mins.....we need to learn how to win......" Etc nonsense? You DO realize that "we" did that before "you" got here last year. We won these kinds of games, it was nerve-racking for a fan, but we did well.in close games. It's a BS line that shows complete lack of self awareness. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

The way I look at it is this Derek Carr has gone to the playoffs the year before with inferior weapons. Josh McDaniel has not gone to the playoffs as a head coach. I think he have to prove that he can win with what we have because they've proven that they can win without him. But again, that's just my take

Was going to say the same thing. If he could show his coaching is working but Carr is holding him back (which IMO shouldn't be THAT hard for an "offensive genius") then he'd have full reign to make a change in a year or two. But the way things are now, he's more of a problem then Carr is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Was going to say the same thing. If he could show his coaching is working but Carr is holding him back (which IMO shouldn't be THAT hard for an "offensive genius") then he'd have full reign to make a change in a year or two. But the way things are now, he's more of a problem then Carr is. 

I mean one thing but I think we all have to acknowledge is that he was hired based on a theory. If we're looking at his actual career as a coach he's never been successful as a HC ever. His most successful year as a HC he won eight games straight and then lost eight games straight. by saying he can't turn it around or that he can't be a head coach in the NFL? No I think there's plenty of season left turn it around. Who sang the means in which he got hired are all theoretical it's not based on actual merit. 

He had Tom Brady for over 10 years. And had a rookie for one and was top five in scoring because the defense was top-five in turnovers which helps with that. This is proven by the fact that they were #15 yards per game. The implication there is when you put the 2 together is that they were scoring without having to move the ball much, which means that the defense was gifting them with a great field position.

Edited by Jeremy408

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into the post game comments. But Carr's comment about getting it right in practice before we can do it in a game.... I'm wondering if they're struggling in certain aspects and McDaniels is calling these plays regardless just hoping for success.

Also, wtf is McDaniels talking about "we need to learn to play for 60 mins.....we need to learn how to win......" Etc nonsense? You DO realize that "we" did that before "you" got here last year. We won these kinds of games, it was nerve-racking for a fan, but we did well.in close games. It's a BS line that shows complete lack of self awareness. 

I’m just waiting for the day the post game presser switches to the beastie boys sabotage music video. This can’t be real josh mangini. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

So the incompletions are his fault and the TDs are the WRs, ok. Not saying Carr has been great, but he wasn’t the issue yesterday. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's always been my gripe with Carr. He will zero in on one option at times, the completely look the other way the following week. He did it with Cooper when he was here. 

Great to see Hollins make some plays. But the offense was stagnant the first half which should not happen when you have a playmaker like Adams. Good things happen when you get him the ball. 

We need Carr to distribute the ball like he did in the first half of the AZ game. But McDaniels also called a more balanced game then too. That’s the best this offense looked all season. 

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah, it's really pitiful. The reason Adams isn't getting the ball is because Carr will not throw to slightly covered WR's. Rodgers doesn't care, he is one of the best tight window throwers in league history. Rodgers will get it in there and dominate with Adams. Coverage doesn't matter. 

But, cue the "we're not using him right" comments.... when it's actually Carr being scared. 

There it is....

Yeah, there it is. 

Why? 

Because Davante Adams sweeps and flea flickers are about as hot as your idea to ship off the house for Ciara's wife. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

There it is....

I think regardless of how anybody feels about Carr it's pretty clear that Devante Adams is not being used correctly.