The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

The lack of run game is allowing teams to play cover two shell and double on Adams consistently. Green Bay runs the ball a lot, sucking the safety down to get single high looks for Adams and he's unstoppable. 

The issue on offense is balance. They need to establish the run and set up the pass and get the right looks. Everything is too predictable currently. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr his entire career, ENTIRE career, will not throw to WR’s even slighty covered. Why? He’s scared/conservative. 

Honest question, both TD passes, the WRS looked insanely covered to me. 
Do yu see something different?

Then you have 2 Waller drops, in tight coverage. Wallers catch in tight coverage. 
So off top of my head thats 11% of his throws into real tight coverage. 

Im not sure if I want my QB making too many more tight coverage throws. 
What percentage are you looking for? 20% into tight windows? 

Do you not feel like there should be a better option at that point?

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

2 things here and can be completely unrelated.

1) In NE BB had total control and he would not only be a dictator over the small details but would also go over hypothetical situations to make sure guys knew if this happens automatically do this.  I remember watching him at a practice where it might rain on gameday so he had the balls soaked with a hose during practice and was talking to players about situations that are more likely to happen in the rain.  It was genius and worked.  Maybe McDaniels just does not know how to prepare players and just knows Xs and Os.

2)  I got my tin foil hat on for this one.  I have been thinking that McDaniels game planning and play calling is so crazy that he is trying to sabotage this year one to have an excuse for MD to get rid of Carr.  Mark does not want to do it but if McDaniels can go to him with the evidence of a horrible year he might be able to try and get his guy.  Why else would all of us know that Carr's biggest issue is when his protection is not reliable but the FO deciding to give him everything but an average line.  On top of that his contract is setup as a possible 1 year deal.  I know it does not sound logical but just look how McD handled everything in Denver.

Im not sure about point 2. 
Week 1, Carr shouldve had 4 or 5 TDs. 
Week 2, 3 
Week 3 - 4 or 5 Tds.

Drops, misthrows, penalties, whatever have caused us to kick fgs, but for all the hate JMD is getting. . it is pretty easy looking back to see a world where Carr has 10 TDs right now. (obviously just my opinion).

A lot of blame on Carr, but I can blame WRs / TEs too. There have been drops. There have been dumb false starts. and of course, bad throws. That is sloppy, which reflects on the coach, but I think I can see signs of an explosive offensive. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The lack of run game is allowing teams to play cover two shell and double on Adams consistently. Green Bay runs the ball a lot, sucking the safety down to get single high looks for Adams and he's unstoppable. 

The issue on offense is balance. They need to establish the run and set up the pass and get the right looks. Everything is too predictable currently. 

I believe we are close to a 3-1 ratio pass to run and in the 4th it is 5-1.  We have had 35 3rd or forth down plays and that ratio is 10-1.  In short yardage i is a 2-1 ratio.  The only time we have a 1-1 ratio is 1st and greater than 10.  We have 1 rush attempt with less than 4 minutes left to play.

75% of our runs have come between the 20s and Carr has a 70%+ completion rate.  In the red zone Carr has a 33% completion rate.  Carr has thrown 6 red zone TDs but the team on a whole is converting red zone trips to TDs at a 46% rate.  This is Carr's worst year of his career in this regard.  Granted the run game is only averaging 2.6 yards an attempt in the red zone but at the same time the pass game is averaging 2.1 yards an attempt.  I expect numbers to go down in the red zone but not this much.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Im not sure about point 2. 
Week 1, Carr shouldve had 4 or 5 TDs. 
Week 2, 3 
Week 3 - 4 or 5 Tds.

Drops, misthrows, penalties, whatever have caused us to kick fgs, but for all the hate JMD is getting. . it is pretty easy looking back to see a world where Carr has 10 TDs right now. (obviously just my opinion).

A lot of blame on Carr, but I can blame WRs / TEs too. There have been drops. There have been dumb false starts. and of course, bad throws. That is sloppy, which reflects on the coach, but I think I can see signs of an explosive offensive. 

True it is not all on Carr or McDaniels but if you look at my post above there are some clear issues with each person.  You can not count all the dropped TDs as lost points though because I know off the top of my head one that still lead to a TD.  That was the Cole drop that eventually was a Hollins TD.  Of course point number 2 is a wild conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I believe we are close to a 3-1 ratio pass to run and in the 4th it is 5-1.  We have had 35 3rd or forth down plays and that ratio is 10-1.  In short yardage i is a 2-1 ratio.  The only time we have a 1-1 ratio is 1st and greater than 10.  We have 1 rush attempt with less than 4 minutes left to play.

75% of our runs have come between the 20s and Carr has a 70%+ completion rate.  In the red zone Carr has a 33% completion rate.  Carr has thrown 6 red zone TDs but the team on a whole is converting red zone trips to TDs at a 46% rate.  This is Carr's worst year of his career in this regard.  Granted the run game is only averaging 2.6 yards an attempt in the red zone but at the same time the pass game is averaging 2.1 yards an attempt.  I expect numbers to go down in the red zone but not this much.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

True it is not all on Carr or McDaniels but if you look at my post above there are some clear issues with each person.  You can not count all the dropped TDs as lost points though because I know off the top of my head one that still lead to a TD.  That was the Cole drop that eventually was a Hollins TD.  Of course point number 2 is a wild conspiracy theory.

pretty much right now everyone outside of Carlson, Maxx and Jacobs could be playing better. 
I know fans rip on maxx for not finishing, but he is the only one getting near so QB has to much room to escape. 

At this point it’s Maxx and a bunch of jags on the DL. Chandler is good for like 2 pressures / good plays a game. He needs to come off the bench on obvious passing downs. I wish we could see more of Koonce. The guy gets in, makes a play and gets benched for 2 quarters. I don’t get it. Also, not a fan of D lineman dropping into coverage, I just don’t see the advantage there. I’m hopeful the Offense will come around once they gel with JMD & the play calling but we need more balance. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

pretty much right now everyone outside of Carlson, Maxx and Jacobs could be playing better. 
I know fans rip on maxx for not finishing, but he is the only one getting near so QB has to much room to escape. 

Maxx was the only resigning I had zero issue with and he is living up to his contract.  Easy way tpo get Maxx more sacks is to get some pressure up the middle.  The game is doing just about everything you could ask of a DE.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marz_LVR said:

At this point it’s Maxx and a bunch of jags on the DL. Chandler is good for like 2 pressures / good plays a game. He needs to come off the bench on obvious passing downs. I wish we could see more of Koonce. The guy gets in, makes a play and gets benched for 2 quarters. I don’t get it. Also, not a fan of D lineman dropping into coverage, I just don’t see the advantage there. I’m hopeful the Offense will come around once they gel with JMD & the play calling but we need more balance. 

The way they under use Koonce is criminal. He literally broke threw his block and tackled Henry by his mf self when nobody could. Then boom got pulled and never seen again. Dude has 4 snaps in 3 games. 

• Like 2