2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We could if we ignore OL or trade back to grab more Day 2 picks. 

I'm hoping for a trade back, but we are also in range to catch a good OT in the first. Normally, I'm quick to make a decision on trading back or not, but I'll have to see how the draft plays out first in this class. Will Anderson is the only real lock top 3 pick in this draft. Everyone else mentioned could slip to any pick in our range. 

The answer is simple, which unit needs the smallest tweaking to make it elite? The Defense, so what is your greatest weakness on D?

Run D is the weakest, we need a NT, and a quality S. This would assure the Jets of not only being elite on D, but would keep us close in games.

So should it be FA/Draft it doesn't matter, we need to stop the bleeding that was exposed the last 4 games, our run defense is terrible. 

AVT is coming back next year, this guy is all pro everything T/G and I wouldn't be surprised that he could play C too. Becton is due back, but hasn't played in 2 years, we need to draft a T and I would hope in round 2 the latest. 

Mitchell played well for a 1st year rookie, being thrown into the fire, so we will have guy's back, Herbig has played hurt, but will miss the next game. He is physically unable to play. Fant is a FA and they should let him walk. 

Tomlinson has been a disappointment, our C has been brutal, and I could see the Jets drafting big uglies in the first 3 rounds if it means keeping our QB alive.

So NT, T, C, S, QB, and I am sure as JD's M.O. reads he will fill some of the needs in FA.

The thing is our D doesn't need much. We need S and LB play to be better.

On offense we need a new QB and need an OLineman or 2 depending on who we cut or resign. Skill wise I actually think we're good. I wouldn't hate the idea of cutting Davis and bringing in a better guy. But that's not something we for sure need to do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing is our D doesn't need much. We need S and LB play to be better.

On offense we need a new QB and need an OLineman or 2 depending on who we cut or resign. Skill wise I actually think we're good. I wouldn't hate the idea of cutting Davis and bringing in a better guy. But that's not something we for sure need to do. 

I think we need more than that mate. This defense hasn’t looked good for a while. The numbers may mask it but teams have moved on us at will it feels like when the time was needed to be at its best. 

I think Hendon Hooker's value is 4th round for JD. Too bad that he suffered torn ACL because I would love to check scouts talk about him at the Senior Bowl.

As for 4th round value, I can see JD will opt for another positional prospect instead.

My top qb is Aidan O'Connell. He is currently UDFA value. He will be there at East-West Shrine. He is basically Mike White but better arm action and possibly mobility. Big knock on his is the offense system he was in doesn't translate into NFL so E-W shrine practices and performance are essential to see if he can adjust to NFL style since he will be 25 years old in September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

I think we need more than that mate. This defense hasn’t looked good for a while. The numbers may mask it but teams have moved on us at will it feels like when the time was needed to be at its best. 

I've said for years that sometimes all a defense needs is a good offense. How many games that we just lost would our defense looked good in if the offense actually scored TDs and kept them off the field more? A LOT!!!

29 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

If we sign someone like Fletcher Cox, I won't have to worry about drafting a DT. I know he's older, but he's still productive and would make our IDL impossible to stop. 

He and David Onyemata are among a few 29+ years old DT could be had as stop gap for whatever price is affordable.  Indeed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He and David Onyemata are among a few 29+ years old DT could be had as stop gap for whatever price is affordable.  Indeed.

I like them both. I'm also looking at WRs that can potentially replace Davis. I don't see any on the FA list but I believe there are some potential contract based trades there. Draft wise, I'm interested in the WRs from Tennessee. 

I want as high of a pick as possible and pray someone wants to trade up. Obviously has to be worth it. 

Give me Hendon Hooker on day 2. Don't care about injury history or how old he is. Still could be getting a high end QB for a day 2 pick and not forced to start him day 1. 

• Like 1