Week 11 GDT - Lions (5-4) vs Bears (3-6)

Sugashane

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

They brought him in for a weekout last week. I suspect that he's probably ready they just wanted Barth to make the "choice" for them. Which he did today. 

^^This. He was brought it, but CB4 did go 3/3 with 2 40+ yarders, so i suspect he didn't do anything to lose his job. Today though....

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Poor Mitch. Guy leads the offense down the field with an incredible play on 4th down and gets let down by the loser kicker we have that should have been cut weeks ago. This team is infuriating.

Leads them down without:

- Howard 

- Cohen

- Shaheen

- Inman (for most of it)

Fox and Loggains stacked the deck against him, he did it anyway, and then Barth pisses down his leg. 

Nice work, kid. You deserved better. 

Im not one to normally get on kickers bc people only remember the mistakes, but what value does barth bring.  I cant think of one time that he delivered a win.  And hes following one of the all time great kickers of the league who is still out there delivering.  This to me is just mind blowing.

If Santos is healthy there is no doubt he should be getting a call from Pace right now...even if he is looking for a little more money than you want to pay a kicker you need to make a statement that not doing your job will get you fired...see what I am saying John lol.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If Santos is healthy there is no doubt he should be getting a call from Pace right now...even if he is looking for a little more money than you want to pay a kicker you need to make a statement that not doing your job will get you fired...see what I am saying John lol.

Andrew Franks, Younghoe Koo, and Mike Meyer should be on the phone as well.

Cut Barth today, have an extensive competition between all 4 and let the winner take all.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

12-30

Fox shouldn't be allowed in the building tomorrow.

And is getting worse. That shows a 40% win percent, from 2016 on he is at 32% and with the Eagles next it looks like it will just keep rolling downhill.

At least we get to see Reich and DeFilippo up close. Maybe they will really like what they see from Trubisky and make the job more appealing for them. 

On the positive, OL was much improved and a running game came to life. Trubisky showed he is raw but is doing a great job of not throwing INTs and made plays in clutch situations. He looks like the real deal.

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Leads them down without:

- Howard 

- Cohen

- Shaheen

- Inman (for most of it)

Fox and Loggains stacked the deck against him, he did it anyway, and then Barth pisses down his leg. 

Nice work, kid. You deserved better. 

It's really inexcusable. Don't get the rationale behind that...

Ok so now that my rant is over here are some positives.  Adam Shaheen is showing why he was drafted in the 2nd.  Big boy stepped and made big boy plays in the pass and run game today.  Want to see him on the field more still.  Cohen got back to being a decisive playmaker today.  More of that.  Still want him to start picking a lane on punt returns and just going but he was not dancing with the ball in his hands and was effective.  Yeah Kyle had the 2 bonehead penalties but he is just a flat out difference maker on the line.  Its so night and day from when he is in the lineup to when hes not.  Idk what it is that makes it so different but he very well may be the best player on offense.  A lot of growth from mt10 today.  Take heart fellas bc a lot of these losses we suffer this year are going to be wins down the line.  Dont know if its fox empowering loggains or his hand being forced.  But that was a professional offense out there today and im ok seeing more of it.

Cant say enough about the front 7. Hicks is a destroyer of gameplans and men and oh boy i hope floyd isnt out for long bc that might have been his best game as a bear.  Its not on the stat sheet but the way he forces an offense to change to stop him.  Several times today i saw him beat not 1 not 2 but 3 offensive players and was still making plays.  The near sack fumble he beat a rub a chip and his man to get to Stafford.  And lastly... Adrian Amos & Eddie Jackson...safety might finally be solved

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And is getting worse. That shows a 40% win percent, from 2016 on he is at 32% and with the Eagles next it looks like it will just keep rolling downhill.

At least we get to see Reich and DeFilippo up close. Maybe they will really like what they see from Trubisky and make the job more appealing for them. 

On the positive, OL was much improved and a running game came to life. Trubisky showed he is raw but is doing a great job of not throwing INTs and made plays in clutch situations. He looks like the real deal.

I was encouraged that they tried some new stuff today. Screens. Misdirection. Motion. Cutting edge stuff! And it led to 17 points in 20 minutes. Holy crap! Let’s cut that out right meow!

DONE. 13 plays in the next 30 minutes. Nothing.

Then they get back to some of it, and POOF! A TD drive and a should-have-been FG drive in the last 8 minutes. 

Fox wasn’t wrong in the postgame when he talked about a lull (or something like that), but I think that lull was self-inflicted. And at least today it was the difference in the game. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I was encouraged that they tried some new stuff today. Screens. Misdirection. Motion. Cutting edge stuff! And it led to 17 points in 20 minutes. Holy crap! Let’s cut that out right meow!

DONE. 13 plays in the next 30 minutes. Nothing.

Then they get back to some of it, and POOF! A TD drive and a should-have-been FG drive in the last 8 minutes. 

Fox wasn’t wrong in the postgame when he talked about a lull (or something like that), but I think that lull was self-inflicted. And at least today it was the difference in the game. 

That lull is the issue with Fox. Everyone claims he changed the culture, but they are still pretty soft and unprofessional. The PLAYERS are the big difference between the Trestman/Emery era and now, not the HC. A real HC would have snapped things together after the pathetic Glennon experiment, Cooper's showboating costing us a TD, the challenge that cost us the ball, etc. The Bears expected to win with Lovie, even when aging and outcoached. They did the first season under Trestman when they were the 2nd highest scoring offense and ACC talent-level defense, and I don't feel like the Bears have been the true favorite to win much since, maybe even less with Fox than Trestman.

A coach who has been embarrassed by losing should want to come out firing when there is a lead. But again this Fox-lead group comes out and refuses to play for the full 60 minutes, and pisses the game away that should have been a win. If we want a culture change, where players are fully behind the coach like we did with Lovie, the the first way to do that is removing Fox from Halas Hall.

Archived