Week 4 GDT: Raiders vs. Broncos - Just when baby?

big_palooka

Denver is 2nd to last in PPG. I see no reason why this team shouldn't put it on them. I have more faith in the defense, after the 2nd half last week, than the offense executing. 

Denver's looks formidable on paper, but they haven't really faced an talent laden offense like this yet so we'll see who's overrated.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

We’ve seen Carr with a ton of OC’s and HC’s, we know who he is. 

But going by your own words wouldn’t it be a case where he is due just a little benefit of the doubt as we’ve changed coordinators, schemes, HCs, basically everything so often and has so little continuity? 

You know where I stand on Carr so genuinely want to know if you think we’ve had any quality OCs and good schemes he’s played in?

I rated Musgrave (at the time too and not just in hindsight) and thought he genuinely played really well in that scheme.

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

It’s getting ignored in other thread, but can anyone answer why we are making our game plans to have Carr throw 300 yards and 3 tds / game. 
we are asking way to much from a non top 5 qb. 
We’d also barely be winning games with an mvp caliber play. 

this is a problem

Obviously we don't know for sure, but I believe McDaniels possibly believes the hype a little and looks at the options of Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Hollins and thinks that is our strength and that whilst the defence may stop one or two of them we’ll still be able to make plays. Its my guess that we paid Waller, we paid Carr, we paidRenfrow so McDaniels thinks that is the highest paid department and they should deliver up to their pay grade? He may be right if we start to execute properly. 

Id like to see more of a balance personally and bringing the play action into play more but it’s just guesswork at this stage.

• Like 2

I don’t know about RW, but if I was a donkey coach and watched last weeks game I’m thinking I’d lean heavily on the run game. Just like we should do.....almost every w against the donks in the last few years we’ve dominated them with the ground game. Hopefully jmd does a little adjusting his run pass ratio, and graham is getting guys ready to stop the run game. We’ll see......🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Obviously we don't know for sure, but I believe McDaniels possibly believes the hype a little and looks at the options of Adams, Waller, Renfrow and Hollins and thinks that is our strength and that whilst the defence may stop one or two of them we’ll still be able to make plays. Its my guess that we paid Waller, we paid Carr, we paidRenfrow so McDaniels thinks that is the highest paid department and they should deliver up to their pay grade? He may be right if we start to execute properly. 

Id like to see more of a balance personally and bringing the play action into play more but it’s just guesswork at this stage.

I think when you invest so heavily in your receiving corps you should be looking to pass the ball (within a balanced distribution of run and pass ofc). That having been said in 2 of 3 games we have been playing from behind which makes running the ball a tougher choice.

We need to get ahead of teams and let Jacobs chew clock - and no, I can't explain the Arizona game. :)

• Like 1