When the Jaguars crush the Canaries this week, where will you put them amongst the AFC elite?

Charles

15 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I haven’t watched any of their games yet but yeah. A win over Philly would get my attention. Miami and Baltimore’s defenses are trash. Buffalo it’s one injury after another. No one really jumps out.

Will you watch them this week?

It would put them above the mid-tier teams, for sure. They did still lose to Washington, though. So just like that loss wouldn't damn them, this win wouldn't anoint them either. IMO, recent history would still leave them behind Buffalo, KC, Baltimore. Probably still leave Miami above them, given that they're undefeated and all. But they'd be as much a contender as anyone else in the AFC beyond that. I think it's already safe to call them the most likely contender in the AFC South as is.

Oh look another insecure post about the Jaguars lol.  Jacksonville has had one winning season in 15 years and that was an anomaly. Most of those seasons were what?  3-5 wins a season tops?  Maybe wait several more weeks before puffing your chest.

• Like 2

On a serious note - the Jags are legit as an AFCS contender, sure.   Should have won the WAS game (and yes I’m still sore about how they lost with self inflicted wounds as a dog backer).   Their D has improved tremendously.    And the O with Trevor Lawrence emergIng looks definitely legit.   

Just doesn’t need a thread each week to make bold statements about a team being legit.   ESP 1 week after a similarly-themed thread is still active.    Just enjoy the ride.     My 2 cents.  

Edited by Broncofan

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’m just happy that aren’t the most embarrassing team of all-time. It’s all lagniappe from here

This, 100% this. I'm not sure how good we are or even if we should be classified as "good". This weekend will be a good test for sure on the road vs the #1 team in the NFC as of right now