Halloween Films for 2022

RavensTillIDie

In anticipation of Halloween Ends, I watched Halloween (2018) a few days ago. I enjoyed it and thought it was a very solid legacy sequel.

Just started Halloween Kills...and boy is this a rough start. Not sure I'll be able to finish this. The firefighters attacking Michael 1-on-1 was just cringey. I thought non-parody movies moved past this like 20 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

In anticipation of Halloween Ends, I watched Halloween (2018) a few days ago. I enjoyed it and thought it was a very solid legacy sequel.

Just started Halloween Kills...and boy is this a rough start. Not sure I'll be able to finish this. The firefighters attacking Michael 1-on-1 was just cringey. I thought non-parody movies moved past this like 20 years ago.

It gets worse.

Halloween 2018 is really good.

Halloween Kills sucks outside of Michael going HAM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Kills was trash.  Loved the 2018 sequel and that non-stop stretch in town was gold (the one take scene that lasted like 10 minutes)

It’s kinda like the Jurassic reboot. The first was enjoyable, the second less so, and the last will be totally unwatchable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

It gets worse.

Halloween 2018 is really good.

Halloween Kills sucks outside of Michael going HAM.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Kills was trash.  Loved the 2018 sequel and that non-stop stretch in town was gold (the one take scene that lasted like 10 minutes)

53 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s kinda like the Jurassic reboot. The first was enjoyable, the second less so, and the last will be totally unwatchable. 

So they decided to make him supernatural. So many baffling character decisions. Failed social commentary on mob mentality.

I mean seriously, can no one write a slasher movie that doesn't involve a bunch of absolute morons?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

So they decided to make him supernatural. So many baffling character decisions. Failed social commentary on mob mentality.

I mean seriously, can no one write a slasher movie that doesn't involve a bunch of absolute morons?

What ever happened to John Carpenter anyway?

8 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

What ever happened to John Carpenter anyway?

Retired mostly, does some composing work still. Came in to consult on the first of these new Halloween films but composed them all.

But mostly playing video games ha. He like loves games.

5 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Kills is just awful, still wondering how Michael was able to get past everyone that was around the house and show up in the room at the end.

I think they legit made him supernatural based on him surviving that nonsense and then Laurie's narration talking about him not being just flesh and blood or whatever. If he's not supernatural then it makes the ending even worse.

I think they legit made him supernatural based on him surviving that nonsense and then Laurie's narration talking about him not being just flesh and blood or whatever. If he's not supernatural then it makes the ending even worse.

Was never a fan of making Myers supernatural. They retconned Myers-Stroud not being related, which was a good choice. But if they did make him supernatural they ruined Myers all over again.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Retired mostly, does some composing work still. Came in to consult on the first of these new Halloween films but composed them all.

But mostly playing video games ha. He like loves games.

Interesting. Too bad he didn’t have more involvement if they’re that bad. I don’t care to watch them.