Halloween Films for 2022

RavensTillIDie

On 10/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Watching Halloweentown right now. I havent seen this movie since i was in middle school. lol

I love Halloweentown. One of my favorite Disney Channel movies. I'm in an anti-horror household. My wife can't even be in the room when I watch a trailer. Last one I saw was IT in theaters. 

The Smile movie looks good. Did anyone see The Black Phone? How was it? 

Of the ones I've seen semi-recently:
Hereditary is good. 
Get Out is good but not sure if it counts as horror. 
The Conjurings

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I love Halloweentown. One of my favorite Disney Channel movies. I'm in an anti-horror household. My wife can't even be in the room when I watch a trailer. Last one I saw was IT in theaters. 

Hereditary is good. 
The Conjurings

I have not seen the black phone, or any of those movies. 

For the most part I’m anti horror too just doesn’t do anything for me. I much rather watch something like Halloweentown over a horror movie for my scary/ Halloween fix. 

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Hereditary is good. 
The Conjurings

Blackphone is good. Smile is solid.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KManX89 said:

The Halloween Ends Pitch Meeting vid is finally up:

LOL! Hit the nail on the head, as usual.

After watching the ****show that was Halloween Kills...I had zero expectations for Halloween Ends. Glad I didn't waste my time watching it.

2 hours ago, D82 said:

After watching the ****show that was Halloween Kills...I had zero expectations for Halloween Ends. Glad I didn't waste my time watching it.

Glad I didn't waste my money watching it. I watched it on Peacock and I'm here to tell you, it is as bad as everyone says it is. The fact that someone actually wrote this and no producer stepped in to say "this is a stupid idea" and both got paid for it is truly mind-blowing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Glad I didn't waste my money watching it. I watched it on Peacock and I'm here to tell you, it is as bad as everyone says it is. The fact that someone actually wrote this and no producer stepped in to say "this is a stupid idea" and both got paid for it is truly mind-blowing.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it? 

I haven't hit big on any of the horror movies I've watched this year (for the first time):

Let the Right One In: Sure, it's pretty good, but it does not live up to the ridiculous hype that follows it.  And it doesn't deliver much on horror.

Hocus Pocus 2: Fine, but not even close to the original, and pretty cringey in parts.  I don't need the Sanderson sisters to be sympathetic.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Fine, but not as creature-heavy as you want a Del Toro project to be.

Hellraiser: On par with the first one.  Pretty good body horror stuff that you expect from a Hellraiser movie, with less sex stuff, and actually less gore too.  Probably the best of what I've seen that's new to me this year.

Corpse Bride: People liked this one?  This is The Nightmare Before Christmas we have at home level.

Countdown: My nephew picked this one.  Boring AF.

I'm still gonna be able to squeeze in a few more, but it's getting close to the time to start watching the every year standards, which for me are It's the Great Pumpkin, Hocus Pocus, and Nightmare Before Christmas.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:51 AM, D82 said:

It makes you wonder, doesn't it? 

Yep, what in God's name made them think this is what we'd want out of the final chapter between Laurie v. Michael? 🤦‍♂️ The mind boggles.

Speaking of which, that reminds me:

On 10/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, biggio7 said:

This video was amazing. More entertaining than the movie itself, I'd figure.

It was. I can now definitively say H20 is the best "Laurie vs. Michael one last time" movie, which is actually kinda sad when you really think about it. At least that actually focused on "Laurie v. Michael: the Final Chapter". 

I won't even talk about Resurrection and how it p!ssed all that away in the stupidest way possible with that convoluted AF "twist", which honestly would've been enough to derail the movie by itself (it was that bad) and that's before all the corny Busta Rhymes/MM reality shyt. 🤦‍♂️

On the plus side, I'm wrapping up the Evil Dead series as part of my Halloween movie marathon. I'm watching Army of Darkness tonight and Evil Dead remake tomorrow followed by Sinister, the two good Conjuring movies (didn't much care for The Evil Made Me Do It) and The Exorcist on Halloween night. I made sure I saved the best for last for my Halloween marathon (I already watched the now first 2 Halloween movies in this rebooted timeline in preparation for Ends, which sadly didn't pan out).

Edited by KManX89

On 10/9/2022 at 8:03 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Black phone was good but could’ve used more Ethan hawke, and less supernatural aspect with the sister.

Disagreed.  Maybe if EH was a different character.  I don't need another back story of a psycho preying on preteen boys.  I trhought the movie was fantastic as is.

On a completely separate note, Halloween Ends was absolute trash as everyone else has said.  Couldn't they have just given us the final battle for 20 minutes and stopped?  I didn't need the buildup of a potential reboot.  Just let it go.