Week 5: Titans @ Commanders

TitanLegend

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t touch Radunz at this point. He was a complete mess on the first drive, but was then relatively quiet the rest of the day. His only hope for a future is at guard. Assuming Nate is back, I’d put Radunz at LG. Brewer’s size is just too big of a detriment every week. 

No idea what you do at LT, but obviously it can’t be Daley. Basically need to look at any experienced OT on practice squads. Maybe see if the Falcons are about to fully embrace tank and get Jake Matthews. The offense just can’t survive with this guy.

I only say Radunz to LT because he found a way to survive against the Niners and Bosa once. lol

Seems like they can scheme ways to protect him somewhat.

Daley doesn't even pinch mofos half the time. 

We literally couldn't drop back yesterday to throw the ball with any level of confidence.
I was certain we were just going to run the ball forever. 
One time they had 10 guys in the TV screen close to the line. That's just insane. 

Brewer's great as a next at bat, behind the starting guards/center, but that's all.

Realistically, there's nothing that can be done midway through the season to fix the OL when the biggest issue is just that 2 of the starters outright suck and one other is pretty good for a third round rookie, but that's all.

NPF should maybe be playing left tackle though?  Or Radunz?  I mean, it's really hard for me to imagine a scenario where either one is significantly worse than Daley.  Radunz was OK at LT against the 49ers last season, and NPF has been OK at right tackle.  It'd be better to be OK at left tackle and suck at the right than vice versa.

Otherwise, you have to do something.  Game plan for really quick passes, or for Tanny to operate out of the shotgun, or anything.  Do something to show you're trying to find a solution.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've seen Brewer is our C of the future a couple times....

Why tho? He can't handle big lineman consistently. Why would he be able to handle NT's that will push him right in the lap of the QB.

Good point, don’t disagree. I could be totally totally mistaken but I feel like there tends to be more leeway in size at the C position esp when you’re a freak athlete like Brewer

in any case. OL is a mess. And it’s going to continue to be a mess esp on the left side due to roster/drafting mismanagement 

this team likes to “hand” important roles to guys who just work hard and are good teammates. No disrespect to a guy like Brewer, but bringing in zero competition at that position during the offseason…no real plan to replace a stud like Saffold…well here we are 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Brewer's great as a next at bat, behind the starting guards/center, but that's all.

Realistically, there's nothing that can be done midway through the season to fix the OL when the biggest issue is just that 2 of the starters outright suck and one other is pretty good for a third round rookie, but that's all.

NPF should maybe be playing left tackle though?  Or Radunz?  I mean, it's really hard for me to imagine a scenario where either one is significantly worse than Daley.  Radunz was OK at LT against the 49ers last season, and NPF has been OK at right tackle.  It'd be better to be OK at left tackle and suck at the right than vice versa.

Otherwise, you have to do something.  Game plan for really quick passes, or for Tanny to operate out of the shotgun, or anything.  Do something to show you're trying to find a solution.

Really quick passes….if only we had a guy who could consistently win 1-1s and get open 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

this team likes to “hand” important roles to guys who just work hard and are good teammates. No disrespect to a guy like Brewer, but bringing in zero competition at that position during the offseason…no real plan to replace a stud like Saffold…well here we are 

What about superstud Jamarco Jones?

• Like 1

I wouldn’t touch the right side, I wouldn’t move NPF to LT

hes “working” right now at RT. Growing pains of course, but it’s been an encouraging start 

left side is an absolute mess. Idk what FA looks like, but I’d much rather us pay for someone good versus JRob screw up another big draft pick 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I wouldn’t touch the right side, I wouldn’t move NPF to LT

hes “working” right now at RT. Growing pains of course, but it’s been an encouraging start 

left side is an absolute mess. Idk what FA looks like, but I’d much rather us pay for someone good versus JRob screw up another big draft pick 

Don't look at the FA LT pool, it'd just depress you.

Our options are keep Lewan and hope this knee surgery isn't botched like apparently his last one was, or draft one.

Barring some bizarre cuts, there isn't going to be a starting caliber LT in FA.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Don't look at the FA LT pool, it'd just depress you.

Our options are keep Lewan and hope this knee surgery isn't botched like apparently his last one was, or draft one.

Barring some bizarre cuts, there isn't going to be a starting caliber LT in FA.

I should’ve clarified … meant for this offseason

we are toast this year 

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I should’ve clarified … meant for this offseason

we are toast this year 

Oh, I meant for this offseason too lol.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tackle//

Orlando Brown is the only starting caliber LT that'd potentially be available, and the Chiefs made clear this past off-season they want to do whatever they can to keep him, so I imagine a deal will get worked out.

21 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Orlando Brown is the only starting caliber LT that'd potentially be available, and the Chiefs made clear this past off-season they want to do whatever they can to keep him, so I imagine a deal will get worked out.

Nooooo

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

if we do end up feeling confident in NPF at LT in the offseason, isaiah wynn could come in at RT and probably be serviceable if not great. andre dillard is a semi-interesting reclamation project, but he's exactly that- not someone you can bank on by any stretch of the imagination. can't imagine either of them being worse than daley tho.