Week 5: Titans @ Commanders

TitanLegend

It's nice to come off a big divisional win, but can't rest yet with needing to visit the Commanders before our bye week. Playing back to back road games is never an easy ask for an NFL team, and while I admittedly haven't watched a lot of Washington's games under Rivera, I know in Carolina he was no stranger to getting performances above perhaps what you might expect from the talent level of his team. Everyone likes to make fun of Wentz, but we all know he has the talent to go off in games, and against our hobbled secondary that has to be considered a possibility.

Going to need the same pass rush that showed up vs Indy to show up here to try and prevent that as best as possible. And perhaps this week we can figure out how to score in the 2nd half lol.

Getting the win here and getting to go in to the bye week 3-2 with the chance of getting guys like Molden and Rice back coming out of it would be big towards staying competitive in the division, as Jacksonville, who appears to be the competition this year for the South crown, hosts Houston this Sunday.

there are no gimme games with this team under the best of circumstances, and certainly not with the state of our injuries right now. washington has excellent WRs and a good defensive front, both of which are a horrible matchup for us right now. we'll need another good run-blocking day to (hopefully) neutralize the pass rush somewhat and pray that bud and amani can go to help shore up the defense.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

there are no gimme games with this team under the best of circumstances, and certainly not with the state of our injuries right now.

This.  We should match up well with the Commanders--they've got a QB we're familiar with, their defense gives up big plays, and they're the second worst in the league on turnover differential.  Still, we're not doing much to threaten anyone right now with how bad we've been in the second half.

It keeps looking like problems have been fixed only for us to fall flatter and flatter on offense as the games go on.  And it's getting more and more clear that that is what's happening.

Hopefully they just take it to Wentz from the get go and collect INTs so we can get way out ahead.

We should win this game

I watched Washingtons last game.   Wentz is Wentz and as long as we can get pressure then he will make mistakes. But they do have talent at WR and capable RB if we can contain the run we will be one step closer.  I was not impressed with washingtons DL. They contained the run okay but got zero pass rush.  We need Burks though. Woods should shine and we can hope the King gets close to 100.  

Washington is 1-3 and on a 3 game losing streak

given Vrabel's history...and the team's history...there is no reason to believe we'll win this game

I'm not even saying this to be negative. i actually THINK we'll win. But I have no reason to be optimistic because we play terribly against (at least per record) bad teams.

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Cool, what's that a week to determine if he can come back or not?

But he was improving when he was playing last year, before the injury. 

3 week window to activate him to the active roster. No guarantee he plays this week.

Edited by ttitansfan4life