Week 5: Titans @ Commanders

TitanLegend

Some of the comments on Mike's tweet echo what I was wondering after listening to the pod.

Did something avoidable go wrong with his first procedure causing these lingering effects?

Is he considering legal action against the doctors who did the first surgery?

On the Chig TD, Swaim, Chig, and Hooper were all on the field, all split out. 13 personnel.

I like this idea of creating mismatches this way, but I'm not really sure our personnel is scaring anyone when we go to it.

Replacing Swaim with a great TE changes that formation entirely. Not much different to adding a legit #1 WR and moving all of the other WRs down one spot. Group looks a lot better.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

On the Chig TD, Swaim, Chig, and Hooper were all on the field, all split out. 13 personnel.

I like this idea of creating mismatches this way, but I'm not really sure our personnel is scaring anyone when we go to it.

Replacing Swaim with a great TE changes that formation entirely. Not much different to adding a legit #1 WR and moving all of the other WRs down one spot. Group looks a lot better.

Yeah you'd need a Kelce type to really make this pop.
Kelce, Chig and Hooper would be worthy of some fear. 

Austin Hooper has outright sucked. I thought maybe I was just making that up in my head, but PFF has him at a 49.7 overall grade, 55.9 overall in the pass game, 21.4 in pass blocking, 41.1 in run blocking.

Swaim is better across the board and holds a 64.6 overall grade(funny enough, 65.4 to the 55.9 of Hooper in the passing game). And at 112 snaps, he's not far behind Swaim's 152.

Swaim is about as painfully mediocre as you get at the TE position, but he's better than Hooper, at least this year.

Edited by TitanLegend

Yeah, unfortunately Hooper has looked like trash. Not what I was expecting, but the Brown's didn't let him go for no reason.

Ideally we would have a legit starting Y TE, with Swaim(or some other cheap person) as the #2 inline blocker and Chig as the H-back.