Week 6 Thread: Commanders (1-4) at Bears (2-3) - Thursday on Prime Video. MikeT14 will be at the game!

MikeT14

41 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I live in St Louis and have missed exactly 1 game since I moved out of parents house and was forced to pay for direct tv in the early 2000s.

This post is too much for me to handle after forking over $400 + $1800 a year for Sunday ticket.....

On a side note, does this forum not understand how great Amazon and Amazon Prime is? It's like the best thing ever....it's the BEST. 

I know the exact game I missed in the last 30+ years of being a fan. It was Jim Zorns first season when we played the Eagles. I was driving home from Florida after being on a cruise with my ex-gf's family. To make matters worse the first day of our 7 day cruise was Cowboys-Redskins and I spent 4 hours of my trip sitting in our room watching the game. I don't miss preseason games either. Like I've said several times, its just an obsession. Its like a drug. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know the exact game I missed in the last 30+ years of being a fan. It was Jim Zorns first season when we played the Eagles. I was driving home from Florida after being on a cruise with my ex-gf's family. To make matters worse the first day of our 7 day cruise was Cowboys-Redskins and I spent 4 hours of my trip sitting in our room watching the game. I don't miss preseason games either. Like I've said several times, its just an obsession. Its like a drug. 

I hadn't missed any games (either listening on the radio or watching on TV) from 1976 until right around 2016. 

40 years of dedication. 

I'm tired. And not going to put unnecessary energy into a team that doesn't want to get better. I realize when I'm getting milked.

So unless I'm at a game, if they start playing like poo even in the first quarter, I will say adios and take a nap. And some games, I might be elsewhere apple picking with my kids. Both better uses of my time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

You sure? Because I'm all out of "next year" predictions (*)

(*) been out for over a decade now.

I’m not sure actually, but I don’t think our next win is coming this season especially after Rivera threw his starting QB under the bus yesterday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I hadn't missed any games (either listening on the radio or watching on TV) from 1976 until right around 2016. 

40 years of dedication. 

I'm tired. And not going to put unnecessary energy into a team that doesn't want to get better. I realize when I'm getting milked.

So unless I'm at a game, if they start playing like poo even in the first quarter, I will say adios and take a nap. And some games, I might be elsewhere apple picking with my kids. Both better uses of my time.

Naps? That’s what the team does every Sunday for 3 hours

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s not just like any drug either, it’s like meth. It’s slowly killing us all.

• Like 1

I haven't missed a game since November 18, 2018 (game Alex Smith broke his leg). I didn't miss the whole game as I was watching it on my phone in the locker room before my basketball game and even left warmups early to watch a little more. I then had my parents signal the score of the game during my game. After Sunday, I have never been more depressed. This team has drained all of the life out of me. I truly don't know where to go from here. The only thing that can bring me back to life is firing Ron Rivera and Dan selling the team. I don't see it happening soon enough. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not sure actually, but I don’t think our next win is coming this season especially after Rivera threw his starting QB under the bus yesterday.

I mean…I think our next win is coming this week. 

Our defense held up pretty well on Sunday against a team with shaky pass blocking, weak receiving weapons, and a QB with at best moderate precision and timing. They just don’t have that reliable quick game that JAX (Kirk) and DET (St. Brown) really hurt us with. Fields seems like a mess right now, and I think we’ll be able to shut them down for the most part.

Our offense is always a wild card, but the good news is that CHI doesn’t have the kind of multi-faceted pass-rush that killed us with DAL and especially PHI. They have 8 sacks in 5 games, which means Wentz will probably have a decent amount of time to process. He usually comes up with some good stuff when that’s the case. Would like to get Thomas back, just to keep them honest in the middle of the field and give Terry a chance to really get untracked on the outside. 

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I mean…I think our next win is coming this week. 

Our defense held up pretty well on Sunday against a team with shaky pass blocking, weak receiving weapons, and a QB with at best moderate precision and timing. They just don’t have that reliable quick game that JAX (Kirk) and DET (St. Brown) really hurt us with. Fields seems like a mess right now, and I think we’ll be able to shut them down for the most part.

Our offense is always a wild card, but the good news is that CHI doesn’t have the kind of multi-faceted pass-rush that killed us with DAL and especially PHI. They have 8 sacks in 5 games, which means Wentz will probably have a decent amount of time to process. He usually comes up with some good stuff when that’s the case. Would like to get Thomas back, just to keep them honest in the middle of the field and give Terry a chance to really get untracked on the outside. 

Paddle boat Ron will find a way to lose this one too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Wentz has a shoulder injury/ ( my guess when he threw that block ) anyway-great excuse for R R to start Heiny- We'll see but don't be shocked. Desperate times desperate measures .

Don't think Heiny starts, if Wentz is hurt.

I think we get to see Slingin' Sammy Baugh.

Oh...oops

Sammy Howell 😊

33 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Paddle boat Ron will find a way to lose this one too. 

Perhaps. 

It’s not like I think he’s a good coach. But if we’re going to so readily acknowledge his mediocre history, in that he’s had very few seasons better than .500, I think we also have to acknowledge that he’s never won fewer than 6 games in a full season. Even the year he got fired, he was 5-7 when he was dismissed. 

The man is not really the type to see his team mail in the season on him. This franchise might test that — but to date, his teams seem to keep fighting. 

…that is, of course, an overwhelming negative for us as fans of the franchise in the big picture. But it’s a credit to the guy as a person/leader.