Week 6 Thread: Commanders (1-4) at Bears (2-3) - Thursday on Prime Video. MikeT14 will be at the game!

MikeT14

15 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Perhaps. 

It’s not like I think he’s a good coach. But if we’re going to so readily acknowledge his mediocre history, in that he’s had very few seasons better than .500, I think we also have to acknowledge that he’s never won fewer than 6 games in a full season. Even the year he got fired, he was 5-7 when he was dismissed. 

The man is not really the type to see his team mail in the season on him. This franchise might test that — but to date, his teams seem to keep fighting. 

…that is, of course, an overwhelming negative for us as fans of the franchise in the big picture. But it’s a credit to the guy as a person/leader.

Yeah, but this dude said before even taking the field as coach that if the players executed, then it would be on the coaches, and yet we haven’t held the coaches accountable and still blame the players.  

I’m guessing those guys, especially after this latest faux pa, might start mailing it in.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, but this dude said before even taking the field as coach that if the players executed, then it would be on the coaches, and yet we haven’t held the coaches accountable and still blame the players.  

I’m guessing those guys, especially after this latest faux pa, might start mailing it in.  

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

He is going (should at least) to lose the locker room very quickly. Backpedaling on the very message he delivered when he was hired. 

• Like 3

This team in the Abyss will never, I repeat never climb out of it until Snyder leaves! We have had multiple head coaches, new schemes, front offices, quarterbacks and general managers and we always keep receiving the same slop yearly. He has one chance. Hire a GM to run and pick the HC and maybe, just maybe we might start climbing out of this hole this team has been in for over 40 years! He needs to hire back a certain person working in Atlanta who had the b---s to inform everyone the the Haskins pick was awful! He was able to find great to good talent in the draft. The problem is that he will never accept the position unless Dan got on his knees and begged forgiveness.

• Like 1

Rivera is right about one thing, a QB would fix everything.  The bad coaching, the bad ownering doesn't matter if we can get ourselves a qb.  Look no further than Cincinnati.  

Wentz isn't it though and Rivera basically bet his reputation on the move.  So I don't know how this continues.  Anyone that had faith on him from the personnel perspective can't have it anymore.  As a coach, well no one is going to tell me is anything more than average at best.  By the way, funny to me that while everyone is aghast at what he said about Wentz, ironically what everyone is missing is Rivera just basically called himself out unintentionally.  

The challenge with the QB problem is it apparently takes a whole lot of luck or a combination of good evaluation and good draft position.  These things are hard to come by.  If we lose this game, Wentz benching has to be considered.  I would like to see what we have in Howell before going into the offseason.  At least it might make me tune in to some more games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It would be pretty funny if Justin Fields has his first ever good game against this defense

I actually think this is a get right game for us . They’ve allowed 20 sacks 

fields has more interceptions than touchdowns 

we’ve stopped the run well for the most part 

and even on offense this is the game to “ run the damn ball” bears are ranked dead last stopping the run and also almost dead last in getting sacks 

13 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

I actually think this is a get right game for us . They’ve allowed 20 sacks 

fields has more interceptions than touchdowns 

we’ve stopped the run well for the most part 

and even on offense this is the game to “ run the damn ball” bears are ranked dead last stopping the run and also almost dead last in getting sacks 

Get right game? Bad teams are just bad teams. Bad teams don’t have get right games. We’re other teams get right games. 

We’ll see. Rivera has not yet lost a locker room in his career, and nothing coming out of the locker room today suggests remotely that he’s losing this one at the moment.

They’re not good, but I don’t think it’s because they’re quitting on Rivera after 5 games. They’re just poorly coached and not as talented as they seem to think they are.

My guess is 23-13, in favor of the Commandos. 

To me This is the first of four winnable games they have left. 
Bears, Colts, Falcons and Texans. 
At this point of the season and where they are in the division, unless there’s a collapse by the other teams as @lavar703 has said numerous times 😄 the season is done. 
I love to root and want this team to win, but will this benefit us? In the grand scheme of things, No. Besides us the fans, I feel for these players who lay it on the line each week way out of reach of the ultimate goal. 
Rooting for this team is exhausting after some preseason hype that Maybe we might compete, it’s the same old story that we’re looking at next years draft after a 1/4 of the season. 
I know my post isn’t saying anything that you’ve guys haven’t felt before but it’s kind of some therapy to put it down on paper to get it off my chest. 
As Yogi Berra said “It’s deja vu all over again”.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Wentz is still #5 in the League. Just only behind the best QB's in football.

Kirk Cousins used to rack up garbage time stats and end up in the tops of these categories too. I'm not a Wentz hater, I just think the fit between our coaching staff and ANY QB at this point is a bad fit. They just don't know how to put players in a position to be successful. 

The coordinators should adjust their gameplan to the talent they have on their team, not try to convert the talent to what you want them to be. It's the same reason that William Jackson is playing so bad, he isnt an off the ball 10 yard zone corner. The concept of, I drew this up and it will work because I said so has been our downfall. 

The arrogance and pride of "systems" and our coordinators inability to change their philosophy's is just crippling this organization. 

Wentz doesn't even have the authority to audible out of plays.... teams know that.... so they can just run mixed formations and crush us.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, offbyone said:

Rivera is right about one thing, a QB would fix everything.  The bad coaching, the bad ownering doesn't matter if we can get ourselves a qb.  Look no further than Cincinnati.  

Wentz isn't it though and Rivera basically bet his reputation on the move.  So I don't know how this continues.  Anyone that had faith on him from the personnel perspective can't have it anymore.  As a coach, well no one is going to tell me is anything more than average at best.  By the way, funny to me that while everyone is aghast at what he said about Wentz, ironically what everyone is missing is Rivera just basically called himself out unintentionally.  

The challenge with the QB problem is it apparently takes a whole lot of luck or a combination of good evaluation and good draft position.  These things are hard to come by.  If we lose this game, Wentz benching has to be considered.  I would like to see what we have in Howell before going into the offseason.  At least it might make me tune in to some more games.

Burrow changed a lot in Cincinnati as well as their other young talent, but so did Zack Taylor. They got a good young innovative coaching mind. We need that to go with a young QB to develop.