Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

11 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

someone with more football knowledge please weigh in (should we check that AG20 is ok after that game?), but where is the fail point on this play.  This one seems like scheme more than players to me.  Giants send 3 guys deep, and we have 5 guys covering them.  That seems reasonable.  Nixon looks to have two guys run through his zone, then the tight end enters the zone after Nixon is pulled back.  Should he have passed them both off to maintain zone integrity? I'm not sure if that's his responsibility.

think its Mcduffie, should he have been the guy that got over to that vacated zone more quickly?  Or is he playing spy to cover Lamar Devito?  Him and Campbell are covering the entire field within 10 yards of the LoS.  Our entire secondary is out of the picture.  

Overall it seems like a good playcall by the giants which would require either us to get home quickly on the pass rush, or maybe Nixon passes both guys off and can then make the tackle before the sticks.  

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Barry played that drive like he thought we had to keep them out of the endzone.  He's situationally unaware.

You beat me to it. 4 uncontested throws for 53 yards when they only needed 40 to get into FG range.  He could not have made it easier on the rookie undrafted 3rd string QB. 

5 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

You beat me to it. 4 uncontested throws for 53 yards when they only needed 40 to get into FG range.  He could not have made it easier on the rookie undrafted 3rd string QB. 

Barry is a scared coordinator.  Didn't want to go press man out of fear that Devito would take off running for large chunks.  I guess he'd rather get beat being a *****.

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/good-bad-and-ugly-coming-out-of-packers-24-22-loss-to-giants/

For the fifth time this season, the Packers gave up a second-half lead and lost. And for the fourth time, the Packers took a second-half lead and immediately gave it up on the ensuing defensive possession.

We were fortunate to win the Saints game after the Barry D let them stroll down and get into FG position with a chance to win.  Luckily their kicker shanked a 40 some yarder.

26 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

someone with more football knowledge please weigh in (should we check that AG20 is ok after that game?), but where is the fail point on this play.  This one seems like scheme more than players to me.  Giants send 3 guys deep, and we have 5 guys covering them.  That seems reasonable.  Nixon looks to have two guys run through his zone, then the tight end enters the zone after Nixon is pulled back.  Should he have passed them both off to maintain zone integrity? I'm not sure if that's his responsibility.

think its Mcduffie, should he have been the guy that got over to that vacated zone more quickly?  Or is he playing spy to cover Lamar Devito?  Him and Campbell are covering the entire field within 10 yards of the LoS.  Our entire secondary is out of the picture.  

Overall it seems like a good playcall by the giants which would require either us to get home quickly on the pass rush, or maybe Nixon passes both guys off and can then make the tackle before the sticks.  

From best guess (unless someone completely blew this assignment) this is cover 6. Cover 6 can either be an iteration of half cover 2/ half cover 4 or half man 2, half cover 4. Would put this on Gary? Hard to say. We're defending this like a 3rd and 9 with 4 minutes to go up 14 either way, sad.

coverages.jpg

Voila_Capture-2020-08-06_12-18-53_AM.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/good-bad-and-ugly-coming-out-of-packers-24-22-loss-to-giants/

For the fifth time this season, the Packers gave up a second-half lead and lost. And for the fourth time, the Packers took a second-half lead and immediately gave it up on the ensuing defensive possession.

I mean, we've been doing the bolded pretty much consistently since 2011, which a few exceptions here and there. Rodgers dealt with that nonsense for most of his career. 

Edited by packfanfb

Not to be off topic.  But before the game, I think I saw a lot of posts about prioritizing run defense.  Stop Barklay, make the rookie beat you. 

Barry did that, to excellent effect, in the first half.  There were routinely 5 guys on the line, they stopped Barkley, they made the rookie beat them.  yes, the rookie did beat them; our crowded line never got a sack, and the kid was ready to dart through the middle for big gains.  I don't expect Barry was really expecting Devito to run for 71 yards, almost all kinda crucial big plays.  

The inability to get any sacks, despite rushing a lot of guys, was really the killer on defense.  

If I'm being honest if we won 22 - 21 I would have no issues with Barry. I would still be chanting Barry Bomaye in this forum. Up to that final drive we did enough on defence to win, never felt we were dominated and if we don't have the three turnovers and speical teams plays at least average this game is a win. I did think DeVito rushing messed with our pass rush after a while, they got scared to be overly aggressive. BUT that final drive was brutal, it didn't even feel like *** was ever in doubt they would get the yards, letting them gain that 57 yards when you knew they were pretty much going to throw their way down the field with the time constraint, we should have done better. Joe Barry broke my heart :(

24 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

If I'm being honest if we won 22 - 21 I would have no issues with Barry. I would still be chanting Barry Bomaye in this forum. Up to that final drive we did enough on defence to win, never felt we were dominated and if we don't have the three turnovers and speical teams plays at least average this game is a win. I did think DeVito rushing messed with our pass rush after a while, they got scared to be overly aggressive. BUT that final drive was brutal, it didn't even feel like *** was ever in doubt they would get the yards, letting them gain that 57 yards when you knew they were pretty much going to throw their way down the field with the time constraint, we should have done better. Joe Barry broke my heart :(

Brit, my man. Barry was bailed out by Barkley getting the alligator arms AND legs and falling over to fumble the ball all on his own. Then he gave it up to them after that on the game-losing FG drive again. He also blew it all day vs a crap QB and offense you knew was not going to be able to push the ball down the field. 

• Like 2