Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

About the only thing a firing would do is this...it puts everyone on notice.  Not just players, coaches.

Instead, we will let him play out the string and be seen as a franchise that doesn't can coaches during the season.  And that should be attractive to Saleh.  :)

Every coach on the defensive staff already knows they are *******

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Communication isn't the ******* problem, Matt. 

I mean I have no doubt it probably is a problem but its odd considering their should be someone you know.... maybe coordinating the defense. Maybe someone with years on the job coordinating the same defense. I don't know maybe they can create a position like "Coordinator of Defense" or something that could help with the communication. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

About the only thing a firing would do is this...it puts everyone on notice.  Not just players, coaches.

Instead, we will let him play out the string and be seen as a franchise that doesn't can coaches during the season.  And that should be attractive to Saleh.  :)

I'm not going there as far as potential replacements...though I think Saleh a long shot...with too many moving parts to it.

I'm just done with this defense. It is what it is and we'll continue to make stars of borderline QBs...so I'm not gonna sweat it anymore. Far as I'm concerned, I want Love and the offense to execute things well (and stay healthy) and we make the best of 2024 by gaining the best draft position now.

Matt LaFleur reiterates Joe Barry's message to defense this morning about preventing explosive plays: "I want to say there were 14 explosive plays. Just far too many."

This is actually a hilarious quote.  Maybe the can post it on the wall for the next team meeting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Nah they'll over compensate and get that cleaned up. If they were smart Bryce could run for 150 on us. 

We can always hope for some timely holding penalties and then only giving up 18 on 3rd and 20. It's a proven formula. 

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't see where MLF had a better alternative.  I don't care about Barry being on the staff today.  I will care quite a bit a couple of months from now,

Should have given the team a shot across the bow with a firing of Barry.  Then find out who steps up or quits in the final three games.  Then eliminate the quitters this offseason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not going there as far as potential replacements...though I think Saleh a long shot...with too many moving parts to it.

I'm just done with this defense. It is what it is and we'll continue to make stars of borderline QBs...so I'm not gonna sweat it anymore. Far as I'm concerned, I want Love and the offense to execute things well (and stay healthy) and we make the best of 2024 by gaining the best draft position now.

I have faith that Joe Barry will keep us in those games to gain better picks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't see where MLF had a better alternative.  I don't care about Barry being on the staff today.  I will care quite a bit a couple of months from now,

I mean I hear what you're saying but also think stuff like this is probably a big reason Jaire wants out. Who else in the locker room is going to be done with this team next playing for a loser who was given 5 layups to make the playoffs and bricked the first two.