Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's definitely personnel and system.

Thank you, you got it.

At this point, its not Barry that needs to be canned, not even MLF, but Gute.  He is a lousy defensive talent evaluator and its killing us.  We need to make that change before he makes any more draft picks for us while we still have Aaron Rodgers surplus picks.  He's got an offensive eye talent........if hes not going to use it in the first round, what good is he to us?

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Thank you, you got it.

At this point, its not Barry that needs to be canned, not even MLF, but Gute.  He is a lousy defensive talent evaluator and its killing us.  We need to make that change before he makes any more draft picks for us while we still have Aaron Rodgers surplus picks.  He's got an offensive eye talent........if hes not going to use it in the first round, what good is he to us?

Personnel as in not getting the right packages on the field.

If you watch that D and think, they aren't talented, I don't think any of us should care your opinion of Gute.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Personnel as in not getting the right packages on the field.

If you watch that D and think, they aren't talented, I don't think any of us should care your opinion of Gute.

Ive watched it develop for 10+ years.   Theyre not talented. You think they are because they're in Green and Gold uniforms.  They're not. And its because we are picking Kevin Kings over TJ Watts (and yes I know that was previous regime, but the same philosophy is still in place clearly, and its detrimental to our team).  

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Ive watched it develop for 10+ years.   Theyre not talented. You think they are because they're in Green and Gold uniforms.  They're not. And its because we are picking Kevin Kings over TJ Watts (and yes I know that was previous regime, but the same philosophy is still in place clearly, and its detrimental to our team).  

But their uniforms look green and gold to me?  

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It isn't the initial hiring that gets me.  I think MLF was caught flat-footed when Leonhard turned him down.  Not a great look, but I get it.  It's sticking with Barry that bothers me.  There were a lot of quality candidates available after last season, and GB stood pat with Barry.  His commitment to the status quo will be what gets MLF fired.  Then he'll become a great OC for some other team.

Both MM and MLF set themselves back with their loyalty to their coordinators. It was baffling that MM kept Capers around as long as he did and now MLF is repeating the same thing with Barry.

It would also be great to not have another retread type hire. Or at least bring in a coach like Bisaccia where there's a history of success instead of a ceiling that's "way below average" and a floor of "historically bad".

• Like 1

We didn't play complimentary football today. The offense (undermanned) **** the bed in the 4th quarter.  Mobile QBs give us problems. 

Settle down.  Next year is the goal.

The Gute haters Crack me up. He drafts talent, we've seen it. It is Barry that holds us back. Years of proof follow him around.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

You should be a Bears fan, where living way in the past is their modus operandi too.

King over Watt in 2023 lol. What's the statute of limitations on that one??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You should be a Bears fan, where living way in the past is their modus operandi too.

King over Watt in 2023 lol. What's the statute of limitations on that one??

whenever Savage, Stokes, Walker turn decent-good I suppose.  And you're still defending it?  my brother in christ......

• Like 1