Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Pittsburgh averaged 90.5 rushing yards per game prior to this week.

Packers allowed 205 rushing yards.   

Anyone who excuses Barry of anything is off base.   His scheme is that of a loser.  We don't force turnovers.  We give up long drives by giving away first downs.  We play light in the box even in short yardage situations.   We play defense as passively as any team that I have seen.

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ok. Now I’m getting concerned. If Matt wants to defend this crap then maybe he is a big part of the problem

Do many other teams do this? Maybe I’m not paying close enough attention?

Other teams definitely use these same formations all the time, however GB under Barry seems to be really piss poor at alignment in short yardage situations. I don't even think the personnel is the problem much of the time, but how they are lined up. Just from one amateur observer's opinion. 

55 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ok. Now I’m getting concerned. If Matt wants to defend this crap then maybe he is a big part of the problem

What an *******. 

1. Let the man ask his question without interrupting him. I know you're butthurt you lost, but that doesn't give you permission to be a ****. There are plenty of legitimate questions that could come off of that:

• Do you have to adjust your personnel because all your 3T keep getting combo'd off of?
  • Did you feel you were moving your safeties up into the box enough to stop the Steelers run game. 
  • When you're getting killed on the ground, are you tempted to back into the base, or into a 3-3-5?
  • Why the **** were you slanting so much against a ****ty Offensive Line?
  • What can you do better to have your Safeties better prepared to fill in the run game so your team doesn't look so ******* stupid. 

2. The 2-4 or 4-2, or however the **** you define it internally is not the only nickel alignment. Your own ******* team has run plenty of 3-3-5 nickel defenses over the last few years. Plenty of teams run plenty of 3-3-5 for the exact reason that it gives you more beef on the front line to defend against the run. 

"With 2 down lineman" is a perfectly adequate way of describing a 2-4/4-2, differentiating it from the 3-3-5, without getting into the very quibbling bull**** that LaFleur is going to bring up here. 

He knows what a ******* down lineman is. It's somebody lined up on the ball in a 3 or 4 point stance. That's what the "down" in down lineman means.

3. Saying "You're wrong because we define things internally this way, differently than how every other level of football does, aren't I smart?" doesn't make you smart. It just makes you an *******.  

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Matt you gotta know what they mean lol. You're technically right but that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong. We don't have the guys to play the run with 2 fatties and 2 DEs*. You can change it from 2 to 4 but you still need 5.

9 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Matt you gotta know what they mean lol. You're technically right but that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong. We don't have the guys to play the run with 2 fatties and 2 DEs*. You can change it from 2 to 4 but you still need 5.

He's not even TECHNICALLY right. 

OLBs are not DOWN lineman. If he wants to argue that they fill the same role and are functionally the same as down lineman, that's a conversation, but that isn't technically correct. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

Watch the tape MLF. Regardless of how you (mis)characterize the OLBs - they're not part of the solution when the actual 2 DL are getting manhandled, opening HUGE running lanes  directly into the LB space and beyond.

Edited by Leader

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's not even TECHNICALLY right. 

OLBs are not DOWN lineman. If he wants to argue that they fill the same role and are functionally the same as down lineman, that's a conversation, but that isn't technically correct. 

I'm guessing he meant the role,  but either way the defense of it was stupid