How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What are you asking exactly?

In any event, a staff should get 3 years to evaluate and put their system, culture, etc. in place. You can't fix it all in one offseason. 

That’s actually exactly what I mean: what you said rn is contrary to your last statement. You put yourself in the situation where if they’re garbage then you there’s the whole “it takes 3 years to implement the system culture system(blah blah blah”) excuse to fall back on. But if they somehow win more games than this year it’s because he’s proving everyone wrong. 

^Thats how a built-in excuse works: you set up an argument where what you’re defend can’t lose so you can’t be wrong.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Option C of going into the season with someone like Stidham starting might be riskier than A or B to be honest, lol. To get rid of Carr with no real plan to replace him and waste a season of Adams, etc. would be pretty crazy and I doubt MD would be thrilled by the idea.

Not really. If I’m JMD Id point out all the bust the previous regime drafted that put the team in this position. Also Mark Davis has shown that he’s pretty patient giving every coach at least 3 seasons. If there’s no long term QB in this off season you do what you can and keep building the team. Also Why should Adams even play into the future? Only one position should dictate the decisions a franchise makes and that’s the QB position. He’s an all pro but he also plays at a position that is fairly easy to replace. I’m not stressing if he loses a year of his prime. 

7 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Not really. If I’m JMD Id point out all the bust the previous regime drafted that put the team in this position. Also Mark Davis has shown that he’s pretty patient giving every coach at least 3 seasons. If there’s no long term QB in this off season you do what you can and keep building the team. Also Why should Adams even play into the future? Only one position should dictate the decisions a franchise makes and that’s the QB position. He’s an all pro but he also plays at a position that is fairly easy to replace. I’m not stressing if he loses a year of his prime. 

I'm sure Mark Davis is aware of the previous regime's failures but he made it clear from the jump that it was a reload, not a rebuild. I understand Davis has been patient but those were also different times, we've only had fans at the games in Vegas for two years, it's pretty clear that he's upset about the lack of fan support and will do anything to get butts into seats. The reason you should factor Adams in is because we just traded away our 1/2 last year and we also just paid Renfrow/Waller and will likely be paying Jacobs this offseason as well. 

Basically all of the moves they made last offseason pointed to them trying to win now, after a year they're going to abandon that plan and just roll with a journeyman QB? Why didn't they just run it back with Carr and look for a replacement in 2024 if that was the case?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure Mark Davis is aware of the previous regime's failures but he made it clear from the jump that it was a reload, not a rebuild. I understand Davis has been patient but those were also different times, we've only had fans at the games in Vegas for two years, it's pretty clear that he's upset about the lack of fan support and will do anything to get butts into seats. The reason you should factor Adams in is because we just traded away our 1/2 last year and we also just paid Renfrow/Waller and will likely be paying Jacobs this offseason as well. 

Basically all of the moves they made last offseason pointed to them trying to win now, after a year they're going to abandon that plan and just roll with a journeyman QB? Why didn't they just run it back with Carr and look for a replacement in 2024 if that was the case?

Overall incompetence and buying into the pipe dream that Brady was going to come to save Mickey D. 

Davis brought it on himself by hiring Dave and Josh. One has to believe that his motive WAS to bring Tom to Vegas, which by 2022 was incredibly short-sighted and dumb as hell whether he came or not. We weren't a SB roster, all he could maybe have done was help the O acclimate to the offense a bit faster and put us in that weird 15-22 draft slot where moving up at all costs a fortune. 

Josh helped it by making some incredibly stupid moves during the season that got us into a rut. When something worked, we randomly abandoned it way too often. Dude has no understanding of game flow. 

Dave helped it by not being the best at contracts. 

And Josh and Dave really screwed the pooch by not having balls to stand up to Mark and tell him how asinine it would be to bench Carr when we did if our intention was to move on. 

I think all 3 bought into the Brady fantasy and they're all incredibly dumb for ever doing so, particularly because they blew their collective loads prematurely and did exactly what so many people hesitant to just ditch Carr were worried about: left us up **** creek without a paddle by having no successor in place, very limited FA options without essentially calling uncle on another year, and limited resources to draft a guy and have any reasonable shot at success barring an absolute miracle given the rest of the roster. 

Look, our draft position was pretty much set by the time we benched Carr. Anyone with a brain could see how it was going to play out if/when Tom didn't materialize. We killed any hope of a clean break and talking him into accepting a trade. We put all of our eggs in a basket as old as the Ark of the Covenant. And we screwed ourselves with yet another example of the ineptitude that has plagued this franchise for like 2 decades now. 

At this point, just trade Waller, Adams, Crosby, Renfrow, and tag-n-trafe Jacobs. Follow the blueprint Miami and, to a lesser extent, Detroit have recently followed, stock up on picks and build a team for once instead of trying to buy and rent one. Mark isn't kidding anyone, this is absolutely a rebuild, and it's come at an awful time relative to our big contracts and the ages of our best players. 

Dunces, and they all deserve big dunce hats until they prove themselves otherwise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

At this point, just trade Waller, Adams, Crosby, Renfrow, and tag-n-trafe Jacobs. Follow the blueprint Miami and, to a lesser extent, Detroit have recently followed, stock up on picks and build a team for once instead of trying to buy and rent one. Mark isn't kidding anyone, this is absolutely a rebuild, and it's come at an awful time relative to our big contracts and the ages of our best players. 

I'm so jaded when it comes to tearing the roster down for draft picks after the Grudock fiasco. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s actually exactly what I mean: what you said rn is contrary to your last statement. You put yourself in the situation where if they’re garbage then you there’s the whole “it takes 3 years to implement the system culture system(blah blah blah”) excuse to fall back on. But if they somehow win more games than this year it’s because he’s proving everyone wrong. 

^Thats how a built-in excuse works: you set up an argument where what you’re defend can’t lose so you can’t be wrong.

It's not really an excuse when it's year 2 and I've said it will take 3 years. I said that last offseason when everyone had expectation of playoffs. 

My expectations are a marked improvement in year 2 and year 3 a push into having a truly competitive roster assuming they drafted well. 

My point was, a "stopgap bum" as Frankie so eloquently has repeated should have no problem amassing 6 wins as Carr did in year 1. Banking on an improved defense, Oline and the QB not pouting because the bad man coaches to hard.

If the team wins 4 games, then blow it up and start over. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm so jaded when it comes to tearing the roster down for draft picks after the Grudock fiasco. 

That’s like saying you’re jaded on steak because you ate one at an IHOP once. 

You almost have to go out of your way to do as poorly as the Raiders did in those drafts. The forum would have made better picks in those drafts. I personally don’t think the team is that talented and an influx of talent from the draft would make the team better long term. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think everyone thought that 2022 wasn’t a fluke. You add Adams a few defensive players and you’re contending for the west. 2023 told the truth Carr and JMD weren’t the fit everyone thought they’d be, every one on defense is a bum but Crosby and Waller’s hamstrings have the durability of wet toilet paper. 

there’s also no way that Carr was going to come back in 2024 after how his season ended. He was done with the Raiders after the Pittsburgh game. So there was no running it back with him in 2024. Dude believes he can take a team to the Super Bowl. 

Even the most homery homer knows this team isn’t competing for a Super Bowl. Not this year at least. 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Overall incompetence and buying into the pipe dream that Brady was going to come to save Mickey D. 

Davis brought it on himself by hiring Dave and Josh. One has to believe that his motive WAS to bring Tom to Vegas, which by 2022 was incredibly short-sighted and dumb as hell whether he came or not. We weren't a SB roster, all he could maybe have done was help the O acclimate to the offense a bit faster and put us in that weird 15-22 draft slot where moving up at all costs a fortune. 

Josh helped it by making some incredibly stupid moves during the season that got us into a rut. When something worked, we randomly abandoned it way too often. Dude has no understanding of game flow. 

Dave helped it by not being the best at contracts. 

And Josh and Dave really screwed the pooch by not having balls to stand up to Mark and tell him how asinine it would be to bench Carr when we did if our intention was to move on. 

I think all 3 bought into the Brady fantasy and they're all incredibly dumb for ever doing so, particularly because they blew their collective loads prematurely and did exactly what so many people hesitant to just ditch Carr were worried about: left us up **** creek without a paddle by having no successor in place, very limited FA options without essentially calling uncle on another year, and limited resources to draft a guy and have any reasonable shot at success barring an absolute miracle given the rest of the roster. 

Look, our draft position was pretty much set by the time we benched Carr. Anyone with a brain could see how it was going to play out if/when Tom didn't materialize. We killed any hope of a clean break and talking him into accepting a trade. We put all of our eggs in a basket as old as the Ark of the Covenant. And we screwed ourselves with yet another example of the ineptitude that has plagued this franchise for like 2 decades now. 

Dunces, and they all deserve big dunce hats until they prove themselves otherwise. 

This is nothing but speculation fueled by your disscontempt for the Patriot Way. Most of it complete nonsense. Davis has been known to let his football people make decisions. He reportedly hasn't been impressed with Carr on the field for years, but let Gruden keep him and let DZ extend him. So all the Brady stuff is pure speculation. 

The dots are easy to connect when you accept paying an average QB a large salary doesn't work. There is no future in it. 

Everything is moot if they progress next season. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is nothing but speculation fueled by your disscontempt for the Patriot Way. Most of it complete nonsense. Davis has been known to let his football people make decisions. He reportedly hasn't been impressed with Carr on the field for years, but let Gruden keep him and let DZ extend him. So all the Brady stuff is pure speculation. 

The dots are easy to connect when you accept paying an average QB a large salary doesn't work. There is no future in it. 

Everything is moot if they progress next season. 

Near record time jumping to their defense, as usual. 

You don't seem to grasp the basic definition of the word speculation, but that isn't a surprise. 

Disscontempt isn't a word. Even if it were, it would mean the opposite of what you're trying to accuse me of. 

I will thus entertain no further. 

Edited by ronjon1990

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Near record time jumping to their defense, as usual. 

You don't seem to grasp the basic definition of the word speculation, but that isn't a surprise. 

Disscontempt isn't a word. Even if it were, it would mean the opposite of what you're trying to accuse me of. 

I will thus entertain no further. 

Thus....  you proved my point that you are talking out of your tuchus as per usual. All speculation, no substance and no proof to back up anything you say.

I wouldn't entertain it either.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Thus....  you proved my point that you are talking out of your tuchus as per usual. All speculation, no substance and no proof to back up anything you say.

I wouldn't entertain it either.

The guy who makes up words and excuses accusing someone else of making stuff up strategy is bold, indeed. 

But let me ask, if I laid out my argument point by point, would you even know where to find it, Sherlock? You've long proven yourself utterly incapable of even that sort of menial task. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The guy who makes up words and excuses accusing someone else of making stuff up strategy is bold, indeed. 

But let me ask, if I laid out my argument point by point, would you even know where to find it, Sherlock? You've long proven yourself utterly incapable of even that sort of menial task. 

Please lay it out point by point. I'm sure I can find it here Watson. 

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

That’s like saying you’re jaded on steak because you ate one at an IHOP once. 

You almost have to go out of your way to do as poorly as the Raiders did in those drafts. The forum would have made better picks in those drafts. I personally don’t think the team is that talented and an influx of talent from the draft would make the team better long term. 

If we draft well for sure but that remains to be seen, Reggie drafted pretty terribly as well.