How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

It does seem like Brady was their preferred option but that's where you can see the value in cutting Carr a month before the new league year begins. We have a month to assess all of our options whether it's a trade, free agent, or someone that we want to target in the draft. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You act like our offense is just terrible, lol. We have two first team All-Pros and other good pieces as well, not sure why you refuse to acknowledge that.

Blah blah.  All you post is straight nonsense and typically responding to your trash is a complete waste of my time. 

You say the same **** over and over and no one cares about your trash takes that are laser focused on one or two positions trying to paint a picture we are some desirable landing sport for players.  We have two all pros therefore Brady will want to play here LOL.  I don't think you realize how idiotic that sounds but I am not shocked.

You conveniently never mention our terrible Oline that needs 4 replacements, our bottom three D with zero talent outside of Maxx and a HC who is a proven loser and is on the hot seat.   

Just so I have this straight your logic is that Brady would want to come here because we have a good RB and WR? That is what you're saying...  Un****ing believable. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Blah blah.  All you post is straight nonsense and typically responding to your trash is a complete waste of my time. 

You say the same **** over and over and no one cares about your trash takes that are laser focused on one or two positions trying to paint a picture we are some desirable landing sport for players.  We have two all pros therefore Brady will want to play here LOL.  I don't think you realize how idiotic that sounds but I am not shocked.

You conveniently never mention our terrible Oline that needs 4 replacements, our bottom three D with zero talent outside of Maxx and a HC who is a proven loser and is on the hot seat.   

Just so I have this straight your logic is that Brady would want to come here because we have a good RB and WR? That is what you're saying...  Un****ing believable. 

Our offensive line was ranked 10th in the league according to PFF. Carr was one of the least sacked starters in the league, had the 5th most average time in the pocket, and Jacobs led the league in rushing yards. 

Not sure why we need 4 replacements on the OL. Miller is at LT, Parham will start at OG/C, and Elu will likely be back on a cheap deal at RT. We need to improve the interior OL but all three of those guys are solid starters, definitely not some terrible group like you say. 

An above average OL, Jacosb/Waller/Adams/Renfrow is a good situation for any QB to step into.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Our offensive line was ranked 10th in the league according to PFF. Carr was one of the least sacked starters in the league, had the 5th most average time in the pocket, and Jacobs led the league in rushing yards. 

Not sure why we need 4 replacements on the OL. Miller is at LT, Parham will start at OG/C, and Elu will likely be back on a cheap deal at RT. We need to improve the interior OL but all three of those guys are solid starters, definitely not some terrible group like you say. 

An above average OL, Jacosb/Waller/Adams/Renfrow is a good situation for any QB to step into.

Total 🤡

10th ranked Oline... Do you even watch football?  Parham has proven nothing and you're penciling him in as a starting lock.  This is why I can't take anything you say seriously. 

Elu is a backup, our interior Oline is in shambles and we need upgrades across the board outside of LT. 

Once again you mention nothing about out HC who is a proven loser and on the hot seat or our D that has no talent and needs a complete overhaul.  If you don't think incoming players will not look at the overall situation and only be focused on us having Adams and Jacobs, which according to you makes us some uber desirable landing spot for incoming free agents proves you are about as clueless as they come. 

I can't wait to hear your lame excuses when we strike out on landing Rodgers.  I really enjoyed you posting nonstop about how we were a lock for Brady.  Let's just say another one of your atrocious, misinformed, garbage opinions that hasn't aged well.  This time it will be Rodgers and when he doesn't come here, we have a stopgap bum that wins us 4ish games the excuses will start flowing like the salmon of Capistrano. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Total 🤡

10th ranked Oline... Do you even watch football?  Parham has proven nothing and you're penciling him in as a starting lock.  This is why I can't take anything you say seriously. 

Elu is a backup, our interior Oline is in shambles and we need upgrades across the board outside of LT. 

Once again you mention nothing about out HC who is a proven loser and on the hot seat or our D that has no talent and needs a complete overhaul.  If you don't think incoming players will not look at the overall situation and only be focused on us having Adams and Jacobs, which according to you makes us some uber desirable landing spot for incoming free agents proves you are about as clueless as they come. 

I can't wait to hear your lame excuses when we strike out on landing Rodgers.  I really enjoyed you posting nonstop about how we were a lock for Brady.  Let's just say another one of your atrocious, misinformed, garbage opinions that hasn't aged well.  This time it will be Rodgers and when he doesn't come here, we have a stopgap bum that wins us 4ish games the excuses will start flowing like the salmon of Capistrano. 

PFF had us ranked 10th, this is true, lol. 

Parham was a 1st team All-Rookie last season and the staff seems to be high on him, why wouldn't you pencil him in as a starter? Elu was hit or miss with penalties but he only allowed 1 sack after week 1 and was one of PFF's highest graded OT's down the stretch of the season. 

State of the art facilities, growing market, no state income tax, there are a lot of things that make LV a desirable destination for free agents. 

Well if a stop gap bum can get us 4 wins for the veteran minimum, the new regime made the right choice moving on from Carr who only got us 6 wins and was set to be paid like an elite QB. Let's go DZ/JMD.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

PFF had us ranked 10th, this is true, lol. 

Parham was a 1st team All-Rookie last season and the staff seems to be high on him, why wouldn't you pencil him in as a starter? Elu was hit or miss with penalties but he only allowed 1 sack after week 1 and was one of PFF's highest graded OT's down the stretch of the season. 

State of the art facilities, growing market, no state income tax, there are a lot of things that make LV a desirable destination for free agents. 

Well if a stop gap bum can get us 4 wins for the veteran minimum, the new regime made the right choice moving on from Carr who only got us 6 wins and was set to be paid like an elite QB. Let's go DZ/JMD.

Quoting PFF when it's convenient but adding zero context.  Carr got the ball out very quickly allowing the Oline to appear better then they actually are.  Put a stopgap bum like your boy Ol' crab legs back there that hols the ball forever and this Oline will suddenly be playing at a level near to bottom of the league which is where their talent level is. 

This team is a complete disaster and we can't even have a home field advantage in Vegas as half the fans in the stadium are rooting for the other team or there just to see a football game. No mention of a front office that has been an embarrassment for over 20 years, a coach who if he wins 4ish games next year will most likely be toast or a D that is bottom 3 in the NFL and needs a complete rebuild.

Yeah but we have a nice stadium LOL

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Quoting PFF when it's convenient but adding zero context.  Carr got the ball out very quickly allowing the Oline to appear better then they actually are.  Put a stopgap bum like your boy Ol' crab legs back there that hols the ball forever and this Oline will suddenly be playing at a level near to bottom of the league which is where their talent level is. 

This team is a complete disaster and we can't even have a home field advantage in Vegas as half the fans in the stadium are rooting for the other team or there just to see a football game. No mention of a front office that has been an embarrassment for over 20 years, a coach who if he wins 4ish games next year will most likely be toast or a D that is bottom 3 in the NFL and needs a complete rebuild.

Yeah but we have a nice stadium LOL

I gave you context, Carr had the 5th most time in the pocket per throw, Parham was a first team All-Rookie, Elu only gave up one sack after week one. 

The team is a complete disaster yet we lost 9 games by a single score, most of which Carr struggled in the clutch and couldn't score with the game on the line. Upgrade him with someone like Rodgers and there's no reason this team can't be a playoff contender. 

Beautiful world class facilities, one of the fastest growing markets in the country, no state income tax, elite All-Pro teammates, yeah, what a disaster.... lol

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I gave you context, Carr had the 5th most time in the pocket per throw, Parham was a first team All-Rookie, Elu only gave up one sack after week one. 

The team is a complete disaster yet we lost 9 games by a single score, most of which Carr struggled in the clutch and couldn't score with the game on the line. Upgrade him with someone like Rodgers and there's no reason this team can't be a playoff contender. 

Beautiful world class facilities, one of the fastest growing markets in the country, no state income tax, elite All-Pro teammates, yeah, what a disaster.... lol

You're non stop posting about how we were a lock for Brady still cracks me up.  Your opinions are some of the most flawed of any poster on here which is why I already feel like I have wasted too much time going back and forth with you. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're non stop posting about how we were a lock for Brady still cracks me up.  Your opinions are some of the most flawed of any poster on here which is why I already feel like I have wasted too much time going back and forth with you. 

I'm giving you data and context, you just say I'm dumb and my opinions are wrong. It'll be okay without DC, trust me.

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Isn’t this referring to the previous time when Brady left the Pats in FA rather than this current FA period after he was going to leave the Buccs?? The purported ‘plan’ this year is just supposition by the writer. Wallers comments refer to Brady leaving the Pats?

"Moving ahead to this year, there were rumors leading up to Brady’s retirement that the Raiders believed Brady was going to be their next quarterback. In fact, a prominent team employee unwittingly said as much around the end of the season."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

"Moving ahead to this year, there were rumors leading up to Brady’s retirement that the Raiders believed Brady was going to be their next quarterback. In fact, a prominent team employee unwittingly said as much around the end of the season."

I saw somewhere else that Brady was definitely our first target to replace Carr. But it makes sense given his ties to the new regime, we hit a lot of his desired criteria, and he was really the only option that was set to hit FA who was a clear and significant upgrade over DC. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Fair enough 🙂, I just think it’s a bit misleading by the writer when he quotes Waller but that was clearly from Brady’s first venture into FA and not in reference to 2022/23.

It seems like Brady was an option for sure but not the ‘lock’ he was supposed to be as inferred by the writer.

If you're JMD / DZ: 

Option A: You trade #7 for Aaron Rodgers but put yourself in a must win situation where the seat could be hot enough that you're fired in 2024 if things don't go well. 

Option B: Put your faith into a developmental QB like Levis or Richardson where you likely buy yourself more time but your job security is dependent on a super raw prospect.