How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean I knew from the moment they hired Josh McDaniels they were gonna get rid of Derek Carr. Just based on the previous pattern i’ve not just him but all previous patriots guys they always come in and then destabilize the team. it’s kind of required for the patriots way to work that they automatically rebuild the team. Because it’s all about getting there guys. I would’ve been fine with us if the Patriots way actually works. the problem is that it’s been proven historically not to work and we’re just seeing that for the first time on our team right now

Man I feel this.  We really are seeing it for the first time.  Front row seats.  Any fan that feels good about where we are at and where we are headed is just blissfully ignorant.  We're looking at a 3 year rebuild right now.  That may change to a two year rebuild with perfect FA signings and a perfect draft.  But when have the Raiders ever had both of those during the same offseason?  

We'll see what happens.  Gotta think positive I guess.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean I knew from the moment they hired Josh McDaniels they were gonna get rid of Derek Carr. Just based on the previous pattern i’ve not just him but all previous patriots guys they always come in and then destabilize the team. it’s kind of required for the patriots way to work that they automatically rebuild the team. Because it’s all about getting there guys. I would’ve been fine with us if the Patriots way actually works. the problem is that it’s been proven historically not to work and we’re just seeing that for the first time on our team right now

Previous pattern? The one where the mid QB stayed mid despite getting an elite WR everyone said he needed for years?

This is going to be shocker for a lot of you, but nearly every HC/GM that takes a job remakes the roster with their guys for their culture. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Previous pattern? The one where the mid QB stayed mid despite getting an elite WR everyone said he needed for years?

This is going to be shocker for a lot of you, but nearly every HC/GM that takes a job remakes the roster with their guys for their culture. 

The NTC and February 15th deadline don’t indicate that they wanted to move on from him after a year. The deal was clearly, I’d you play like an elite QB in our system, then we don’t have any issue paying you like one. 

50 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

How is that worked out for the patriot disciples installing their culture thus far?

Any regime is going to want to reshape the roster in their image because they wouldn’t be there if the previous regime’s roster was working. The last regime didn’t leave much to even keep around going forward. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Any regime is going to want to reshape the roster in their image because they wouldn’t be there if the previous regime’s roster was working. The last regime didn’t leave much to even keep around going forward. 

Of course I completely understand this but when is it ever worked for a Patriots disciple? 

On 2/12/2023 at 5:40 PM, jimkelly02 said:

Oh yeah… but it’s even worse then that cuz we’re not 2 seasons from that point lol.

I think the handling of the Carr situation is the beginning of a 4-6 year downturn for us.  It’s exactly why I always said I’d keep Carr until something better came along.  It’s not just the Carr thing for me, in fact it’s just the last straw.  We hired a bad coach, Ziegler has gotten a C- grade from me so far.

My test for Zeigler’s competency was his ability to net a 2+3 for Carr and land Rodgers for something outside of #7.  That’s not going to happen.  

If we had any smarts we’d trade Adams, Waller, Renfrow, tag and trade Jacobs for picks in both ‘23 and ‘24 and basically tank next season, fire McD and actually hire a credible coach and GM next go around.  Draft a QB in ‘24 when we have a new coach, in the mean time clean up the cap situation and fill roster with young, cheap players.

but that will never happen because McD and Ziegler will try to keep their jobs and sacrifice future cap and draft resources in doing so.

The way some of you talk about DC you’d think this dude was just lighting it up, leading us to wins, and elevating the team. 

Ziegler looks pretty competent just based on the fact he was the only GM that gave out a huge QB extension and was able to move on without any long term cap implications. 

On 2/13/2023 at 2:49 AM, drfrey13 said:

Can I give this 5 likes?  Trading everyone would be tough but this is exactly why I said last offseason the best decision they could make is to sit on their hands and see how everyone performs in the new system and get some young talent.  I said the team could be a contender in 2024-25 if they made good decisions.  I have also said we are not dethroning the Cheifs next year.  We need to have an I for the future and contend in a few years.

I much rather keep the talent we have and build on that. My experience over the past 20 years is that getting rid of our talent never leads to much. Just pay the talent we have and keep them on board, and hope we hit a good QB and some other talents. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He **** up big time at the end.

Yeah but regardless if he did or not he doesn't count because he was a head coach before. He wasn't just some coordinator that got a head-coaching job in the NFL because of Belichick. He proved his merit as a head coach somewhere else completely different first

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but regardless if he did or not he doesn't count because he was a head coach before. He wasn't just some coordinator that got a head-coaching job in the NFL because of Belichick. He proved his merit as a head coach somewhere else completely different first

He’s still a member of the Patriots coaching tree though. The fact that he was a college coach before he became an NFL coach doesn’t change the fact that he’s a Bill disciple lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

How is that worked out for the patriot disciples installing their culture thus far?

Which one of them every had a QB? 

You can write off BOB and Vrabel, but both were brought up in the Pats culture. Both had QBs to work with when taking HC gigs. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1