How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

JMD has been highly regarded around the league for a while though. The Broncos hired him, the Colts wanted to hire him, and obviously we just hired him as well. 

Yeah but people wanting to hire him is not results. It doesn't change the fact that his record was 17-28. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think JMD’s incapable of having success based on what other guys have done. 

Obviously our season didn’t go as planned but the team was still competitive week in and week out despite a flawed roster, a ton of injuries, Carr regressing, etc.

I believe he is incapable of having success based on what he has done(or hasnt done)

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but people wanting to hire him is not results. It doesn't change the fact that his record was 17-28. 

Highly regarded. Lol. 

That's so overplayed. He ruined his reputation with the Colts fiasco and when he fails here, he's never sniffing a HC gig again. He's like a polished Adam Gase. 

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Highly regarded. Lol. 

That's so overplayed. He ruined his reputation with the Colts fiasco and when he fails here, he's never sniffing a HC gig again. He's like a polished Adam Gase. 

Highly Sought after doesn't=wins; it=this order of events:

1. The media talking positive about you when you when you first get hired

2. The media starts making excuses for you when you lose initially(where we're at currently)

3. The media eventually switch and start talking bad about you

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Roninho said:

I much rather keep the talent we have and build on that. My experience over the past 20 years is that getting rid of our talent never leads to much. Just pay the talent we have and keep them on board, and hope we hit a good QB and some other talents. 

In the past we did not sell high on players or even trade most.  We generally cut or did not resign players.  When we did trade players we usually received bad value.  Even when we traded Mack we got bad value because we had to go an entire year without receiving anything and gave the Bears a piece to make them better and further reduce the value.  If we get good value in return and then make good choices with the new capital it can work.  Does not matter what you get in a trade if you are not smart with the extra picks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

JMD has been highly regarded around the league for a while though. The Broncos hired him, the Colts wanted to hire him, and obviously we just hired him as well. 

He screwed up in Denver

He screwed over Indy

He created a situation in LV where he screwed up and then got screwed over.  

He is not a people person and that is key with holding together a locker room.  You have to get people to believe in you and your system.  The only way this happens if people do not like you is to have BB/Brady type results.  Even good coaches are not good coaches if they do not know how to lead.

• Like 2

The best time to find a job, is when you already have a job. 
I truly believe its the same with QB.

Its easier to groom a young QB, if you have a QB he can sit under,
Its easier to draft a qb if you have one cause teams dont try to jump in front of you
you can trade your qb for additional ammo
etc.

JMD and DZ, going into year 2 now have the hardest job in the NFL. Finding a QB
if drafting in fist round, it probably buys them another 2-3 years. 

We need to get out of the fire coaches every 2-3 years, because the turn over that comes from it kills the team

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Highly regarded. Lol. 

He was the highest paid coordinator in the league with New England and has been hired as a head coach 3 times. I’d say that’s pretty highly regarded lol

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was the highest paid coordinator in the league with New England and has been hired as a head coach 3 times. I’d say that’s pretty highly regarded lol

Alternative: 

New England overpaid him. 

He was hired once over a decade ago and flopped. He was given a second chance a few years later and blew it magnificently, and we were just dumb enough to go for round 3. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Alternative: 

New England overpaid him. 

He was hired once over a decade ago and flopped. He was given a second chance a few years later and blew it magnificently, and we were just dumb enough to go for round 3. 

The greatest coach in NFL history valued him enough to make him the highest paid coordinator in the league, lol. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The greatest coach in NFL history valued him enough to make him the highest paid coordinator in the league, lol. 

Cool, he's a pricey coordinator then? We didn't hire a high priced coordinator, we hired a HC. 

As a HC, he's not highly regarded and is actually pretty bad at it. 

There's no shame in that in the grand scheme of things. Romeo Crennel was an abysmal HC but a fantastic coordinator. I felt the same about Rex Ryan, Jim Mora Jr., Todd Haley before he lost his mind, Ken Whisenhunt, etc. 

McDaniels is like a bad Steve Sarkisian. 

First job didn't go so great after being a wunderkind. 

Second job failed hard (one bailed, the other got drunk and embarrassed the program). 

Both went to nest under a GOAT. 

Sarkisian has made clear improvements into how he operates as a HC and the Texas program is very much headed in a positive direction on and off the field. He learned from his mistakes. 

Josh still largely operates the same as he did in Denver and still talks about learning from his mistakes while never really seeming to. The Raiders are not headed in any sort of obvious positive direction. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Josh still largely operates the same as he did in Denver and still talks about learning from his mistakes while never really seeming to. The Raiders are not headed in any sort of obvious positive direction. 

I disagree, other than Carr he seemed to be well respected by the rest of the locker room.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I disagree, other than Carr he seemed to be well respected by the rest of the locker room.

Urban Meyer was highly respected by Myles Jack and Trevor Lawrence for having created a "family" atmosphere up until the day it couldn't be overlooked that said "family" was practically the Sawyer Family from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Urb was kicked to the curb. 

I don't really care what the players say while a guy is there. Name a player that has ever come out and said "Our coach sucks and this isn't going well". 

Urban Meyer was highly respected by Myles Jack and Trevor Lawrence for having created a "family" atmosphere up until the day it couldn't be overlooked that said "family" was practically the Sawyer Family from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Urb was kicked to the curb. 

I don't really care what the players say while a guy is there. Name a player that has ever come out and said "Our coach sucks and this isn't going well". 

There was a different Urban Meyer incident leaking to the media almost every day, lol. 

Other than the Carr drama there wasn’t any negative press about JMD or locker room dynamics.

You're seriously still using a soundbite from Trevor Lawrence before training camp? Talk about reaching.