How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think people were more ready to move on because he has proven that he's ineffective in the redzone (can't go for 30+ TD), can't play in the cold weather, and struggles down the stretch basically every season. 

Regardless, he isn't good enough.  I like him as a person and player and enjoyed watching him when he did well but he isn't good enough to win it all. Not with our roster.  No QB in the NFL could win it all with our roster though.

Either way, we need to upgrade everything.  I don't like McDaniels but I do respect him for seeing it for what it is and trying to fix it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Rolni said:

The way Ziegler and JMD talks in interviews sure doesn't sound that they are on a hot seat.

They are great actros or they could care less or MD gave them a good 3 year to show results IMO...

I don't think you cut the 9 year starter at QB without a viable plan to replace him unless you feel pretty great about your job security. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

this is more mark davis. . . not mcdaniels to be fair

I read somewhere on Twitter McDaniels is more likely to keep players late than other teams.  That was a knock from the players apparently.  I'd prefer to keep the players that don't mind staying late if it means winning games.  

I'm really glad we are treating our players well and this is coming out right before FA.  This shows free agents and potential trade targets that we have a great team environment and zero state income taxes.  Should be enticing for players from CA and NY who are tired of having a fifth of their pay taken away from them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, true2form said:

You need to read the report lol, our coaching staff was ranked last out of all the categories. 

At this workplace, the lowest graded category was the coaching staff. Player respondents felt that Head Coach Josh McDaniels is less likely to listen to his players and keeps them for longer hours than other Head Coaches around the league. Longer hours are not correlated to winning, as seven of the top eight coaches rated as being most efficient with their players' time in the 2022 survey made the playoffs this year.

This is what was stated in the report.

I'll share some other quotes (good and bad).

The players feel like they have one of the best locker rooms in the league and players from other teams that have seen it envy it.

When asked about the “Training staff adding to their success” they tied for 22nd in the NFL. That may sound slightly below average but that is because most teams rated their training staffs positively. The Raiders players gave moderately high marks to their staff which is why the overall grade is still good.

Staffing
93% feel they have enough ATCs
88% feel they have enough PTs
Steam Room/Sauna
There is a steam room (98% feel it is big enough)
There is a sauna (72% feel it is big enough)
Tubs
94% of players feel they have enough hot tub space
80% of players feel they have enough cold tub space

• Like 2

13 hours ago, true2form said:

You need to read the report lol, our coaching staff was ranked last out of all the categories. 

Yep, when the further details came out I had to laugh at that post, NY loves him a little controversy and debate ya know. Lol.....sorry brother, but you brought that on yoself.....🍻🤣🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, when the further details came out I had to laugh at that post, NY loves him a little controversy and debate ya know. Lol.....sorry brother, but you brought that on yoself.....🍻🤣🤣

I’m excited to see the spin on this one. 
I onow NY is up for the challenge 🤣

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 2:02 AM, NYRaider said:

I don't think you cut the 9 year starter at QB without a viable plan to replace him unless you feel pretty great about your job security. 

I agree completely.  What's the plan?  Brady: gone.  Aaron Rogers: it doesn't look good as there isn't any discussion about coming to the AFC West.  I'm not sure I want Rogers.  He'll be expensive both by contract and trade obligation.  As good as he has been, can he excel in a JMD system?  We know the problems with the complicated playbook.  Will JMD allow him to call audibles?  If so, why didn't he allow Carr?

Then there's the Josh Jacobs debacle.  JMD could have gotten a 5th year option at a lower price but now I hear he'll get the franchise tag at $10 mil.  I am disgusted.

15 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I agree completely.  What's the plan?  Brady: gone.  Aaron Rogers: it doesn't look good as there isn't any discussion about coming to the AFC West.  I'm not sure I want Rogers.  He'll be expensive both by contract and trade obligation.  As good as he has been, can he excel in a JMD system?  We know the problems with the complicated playbook.  Will JMD allow him to call audibles?  If so, why didn't he allow Carr?

Then there's the Josh Jacobs debacle.  JMD could have gotten a 5th year option at a lower price but now I hear he'll get the franchise tag at $10 mil.  I am disgusted.

The difference between the franchise tag and the 5th year option is a measly $1.5 million. Surely, there are more detrimental roster decisions to be disgusted about than declining Jacobs 5th year option (such as the Chandler Jones contract for starters). 

• Like 3