Week 6: NY Jets vs GB Packers

Bobby816

12 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

What AVT is doing this season is unreal, he is playing RT at a high level. Duane Brown stabilized LT, seeing how he moved on some run blocks is insane being that he is 37. He still can play football at a high level, that is clear. 

The blocking is becoming sync now and some of the schemes on these runs are so nice. Breece Hall's TD run was nice, he was supposed to pitch it to Wilson but he saw an opening and just took it. The instincts and vision to do that is special, but we gave up a 5th so stsill not good. 

Duane Brown's downfield block on the Berrios run was so great to see. Absolutely loved it

16 hours ago, ekill08x said:

yeah only corey davis is making plays. getting a little concerned about both the kids. moore has flat out been invisible for weeks. 

I noticed that too. I wonder if Zach is just more comfortable with Davis due to their time together last year. We really need some quick, easy plays early in the game to get Moore and Garrett Wilson going.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Yes I agree, there are serious problems with the passing game. Is it the schemes or is it Wilson or is it the receivers at this point in time i have no idea. Maybe it time we take a good hard look the coaching 

I think it’s a little bit of everything but if you look into the way San Francisco runs their offense they don’t really utilize their receivers heavily either. 

Teams are finally going to have to start stacking the box if Hall keeps running at 5+ yards a clip.  Hopefully that opens up easy 1v1's for our WRs moving forward.  Zach struggled this game but GB does have a very solid secondary and he didn't turn the ball over again which is huge.  The passing game will have to step up as the season goes on but for now we are running a ton of 2 TE and 2 RB sets and it's working so our WRs just need to stay patient, their time will come.

If Zach takes that next step this team is going to the playoffs.  For now I'm not complaining if he's only throwing for high 100's or low 200's in yards with a solid comp % and no TOs.  The team is scoring points which is the point and winning games.  His main focus needs to be 3rd down improvement.  Need to keep drives going more and he wasn't good against GB.  DEN is another tough challenge so we'll see if he can bounce back.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

There's something a bit weird going on. With Wilson, Moore, Davis, Berrios, two good receiving backs, Conklin, and Uzomah... someone should be open just about every play. I'm not sure if it's timing, us overrating our receivers, calling plays that take too long to develop, or Zach being overly careful with the ball, but I hope we can figure it out. No reason we can't be throwing for 250 most games.

I might buy NFL+ to watch the all-22. I am curious. On the broadcast angles it looked like dudes were just not open, but you can't see everything. I am absolutely sick of seeing Wilson catch passes short of the sticks though. Wilson is a fantastic route runner and makes great catches but he needs to work on his catching technique and awareness of where he is on 3rd down.

• Like 1

I'm not worried about Zach at all. The gameplan is working, especially in the second half. Zach has stayed turnover free and we are winning. He's shown he can make the necessary plays when he needs to, ie. Pitt in the 4th quarter. As mentioned earlier, teams are gonna start stacking the box very soon. Once that happens I think we'll see Zach's first 280+ 2TD+ game. I just hope when that happens MLF starts using more RPOs, play action, shorter developing plays to get Moore and Wilson into sapce and let them work. I'd actually love to see Moore in the slot a little more and let him eat. 

This is what I was saying and most of us when they got Hall. You have to run him at least 20 times a game to control the clock and game flow. I have been screaming at how good Sauce can be and he is going to be the best CB in the league. I said this after draft day too. He is going to change how people look at D's now. This game is moving to a 6'3" - 6'4" guys that arr around 210 pounds. These will be your LB and DB guys. The days of having a tumper in the middle and your guys that are 240 and above are coming to an end. 

Now with Zach I do thinkhe is doing a lot better but I'm still not sold on him. I do not want to put the ball in his hands to win the game against a middle or top D. 

50 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Now with Zach I do think he is doing a lot better but I'm still not sold on him. I do not want to put the ball in his hands to win the game against a middle or top D. 

Fair, but this is literally what he has been doing best. His play in the 4th quarter, where we need it the most, has been very good. He sucked yesterday, but its not like he was missing open targets, he was trying to make chicken soup from chicken sh!t

47 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is what I was saying and most of us when they got Hall. You have to run him at least 20 times a game to control the clock and game flow. I have been screaming at how good Sauce can be and he is going to be the best CB in the league. I said this after draft day too. He is going to change how people look at D's now. This game is moving to a 6'3" - 6'4" guys that arr around 210 pounds. These will be your LB and DB guys. The days of having a tumper in the middle and your guys that are 240 and above are coming to an end. 

Now with Zach I do thinkhe is doing a lot better but I'm still not sold on him. I do not want to put the ball in his hands to win the game against a middle or top D. 

That LB change happened a long time ago. I actually think is starting to flip back a little. Teams are really light right now and have adapted to playing against crazy pass offenses like KC. Because of that, we're seeing passing offenses league wide looking worse than previous years and running games and/or passing from heavy sets winning games for teams (see:Atlanta). Some of these games look more like what I remember watching in the early 2000s.

Gardner is just different. He has the size but plays quick like he doesn't. He'd be good in any NFL era. This isn't really a new thing; MOFC defenses with big corners were the big thing from like 2008 up until a few years ago. Dudes just supremely talented and plays smart.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Fair, but this is literally what he has been doing best. His play in the 4th quarter, where we need it the most, has been very good. He sucked yesterday, but its not like he was missing open targets, he was trying to make chicken soup from chicken sh!t

You can definitely see improvements in him from a decision making and comfort standpoint but he's still struggling against man coverage. The next step for him is going to be to trust what he sees and learn how to throw guys open a little more like his idol Rodgers does. That might just come naturally with more time with his receivers (Rodgers is struggling because he doesn't have that rapport with his guys that he had with Adams). 

I'm not "worried" about Zach but if we're being honest he's still not there yet. He's playing his role well and seems to be really good leader but he's not the passer that you can consistently throw the game on his shoulders. I think the coaching staff is doing a good job with him and managing his learning curves, but coaching can only do so much. We'll just have to see where he goes.

8 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

You can definitely see improvements in him from a decision making and comfort standpoint but he's still struggling against man coverage. The next step for him is going to be to trust what he sees and learn how to throw guys open a little more like his idol Rodgers does. That might just come naturally with more time with his receivers (Rodgers is struggling because he doesn't have that rapport with his guys that he had with Adams). 

I'm not "worried" about Zach but if we're being honest he's still not there yet. He's playing his role well and seems to be really good leader but he's not the passer that you can consistently throw the game on his shoulders. I think the coaching staff is doing a good job with him and managing his learning curves, but coaching can only do so much. We'll just have to see where he goes.

For some reason MLF hasn't been doing a great job in the first half to get him settled in either. He had adequate time yesterday on multiple occasions but recievers just weren't open, I think some of that has to do with MLF calling longer developing plays for everyone all to often to start the game. As I said earlier, I'd love to see a quicker passing game schemed up early. Get Zach rolling to his right more as well. 

Edited by Mattmanz

Sauce is the perfect combination of being blessed with his height, weight, length genetically, his skills/athleticism and his preparation.

Like Revis, blessed with amazing hips and COD skill, but had great size, skills, physicality and preparation as well.

Then we look at the other side of the field.  DJ Reed, not blessed with CB size, playing his tail off.  If he had Sauce's height/length he would be considered one of the best as well.