State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Saw someone saying that.  Turned them out right away because they clearly don't know much.  Chucks was really good this year, our cap situation is fine, and it creates a need by cutting him.  The negatives far out weigh the positives.

I think in pass pro Chuks (spelled it wrong above my bad) is legit pro bowl , he deserves recognition for this on here at least.  That clip that mentioned him being cut, is also a proponent of signing Lewan . Lewan on a prove it 1 year deal might be ok for a decent price, but Moore better still be starting at LG then.  I'm a fan of Moore, and if this group can improve on their own that would be good with me. The issue is dotson at LG, maybe Darnell Wright could go there unless of course Skoronski falls to 17. 

Chuks should be here for the next 5+ years  IMO, and his deal goes through 24. We should be set at RT and RG for  a long time

Chuks Okorafor

pit.png

Chuks Okorafor

EMBED THIS
STEELERS, TAge:25-184dExp:5 Years
Drafted:Round 3 (#92 overall), 2018College:Western MichiganAgent(s):Jimmy Sexton, Patrick Collins, Ben Renzin (CAA Sports)

While we could upgrade Moore, I think more Steeler fans need to understand that even an average LT like Moore is nice to have.    Is obviously love to have a franchise LT like Joe Thomas, but I wouldn't be trying to hard to replace Moore.   If we were in position to get a blue chip LT...absolutely....but as it stands, Id rather upgrade LG this year and then see where we stand in 2024 as far as the rest of the OL.   Given how they progressed in 22, I don't want much changeover on the OL going into 23.   Every level of our defense needs more attention than our offensive line IMO.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, 43M said:

While we could upgrade Moore, I think more Steeler fans need to understand that even an average LT like Moore is nice to have.    Is obviously love to have a franchise LT like Joe Thomas, but I wouldn't be trying to hard to replace Moore.   If we were in position to get a blue chip LT...absolutely....but as it stands, Id rather upgrade LG this year and then see where we stand in 2024 as far as the rest of the OL.   Given how they progressed in 22, I don't want much changeover on the OL going into 23.   Every level of our defense needs more attention than our offensive line IMO.

who would of thought this after watching that preseason game against the jags. the progression of the line is probably my biggest positive from the yr..a weakness going to a potential strength in one offseason is so crucial for kenny development

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

who would of thought this after watching that preseason game against the jags. the progression of the line is probably my biggest positive from the yr..a weakness going to a potential strength in one offseason is so crucial for kenny development

I knew there would be struggles given the young age of the players and the fact most of them had hardly played with each other going into the season.   Early on, James Daniels looked as useless as Kendrick Green, and that really frustrated me.

After the bye week, something seemed to click and they were improving every week.   Sure, its not perfect, but based on where it was at the end of the season, it's already better than any OL Joe Burrow has had, and I feel like it could get better.   Yes, our current OL has a low ceiling because there aren't any major talents on the line, which Id like to change, but I also dont want us to force an OT pick or signing that isnt going to move the needle much.

Like I said, I think a guy like Skronski or even Torrence at LG could make a major difference in 2023, and give us another year to see where the other players are at.   I still feel like Dan Moore can get better, and even though he will never be elite, he could at least become a solid long term starter ala Villanueva and Ramon Foster.   And if we ever find ourselves staring at a franchise LT....great, get them and perhaps move Moore to LG or RT.   But dont try to force Moore out of LT as if he is our biggest issue.   He isnt even a top 5 issue right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Lewan is toast.  i would not touch him

that clip was scarey, seemed wrong about lots.  Word is the Weidl wants to build up the trenches, so thats good from where I am at.  Signing Lewan and cutting Chuks though, comical

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We do need o-line depth in a bad way. We got extremely lucky to not have any of our starters miss games. Our guys behind the starters are TRASH. We were one play away from starting Green or Jesse Davis. I'm ok with Hass as the backup C, though. 

I'm curious to see how Kendrick Green looks next season. I'm sure our new coach can unleash some of his technique and fix his flaws. Not experience a miracle but at least make him serviceable. He didn't suck that bad in college so maybe we can get him right.

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I'm curious to see how Kendrick Green looks next season. I'm sure our new coach can unleash some of his technique and fix his flaws. Not experience a miracle but at least make him serviceable. He didn't suck that bad in college so maybe we can get him right.

That's a good point. The last we saw of him he was getting blasted in the pre-season. Granted, all 5 starters were joining him in getting blasted at the same time. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Nothing is impossible but I highly doubt he makes the team next year.

Feels like the coaches have sort of given up on him already. Him not being active for a single game this year sort of proves that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Nothing is impossible but I highly doubt he makes the team next year.

Feels like the coaches have sort of given up on him already. Him not being active for a single game this year sort of proves that.

I agree.

He deserves a chance, but he shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot.    Nothing Ive seen from him has ever encouraged me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That one play his rookie year he ran really fast down the field but didn't block anyone. That was pretty much it. 

Guy has Jason Kelce athleticism. It’s a shame he can’t block/gets pushed straight back 5 yards into the QB’s lab every play. 

Goes to show how special of a player Kelce really is. He’s been really fun to watch in the playoffs this year.

• Like 1