Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if he was looking where he was walking he would have seen Adams and other players coming and not gotten right in front of Adams. He could have got the shots he needed from the side or waited until the walked past him. Who the hell walks right in front of someone like that? 

Even if you walk in front someone absent mindedly, that’s not free license for an assault. 

Did some of you guys never mature past the playground? Adults aren’t allowed to just shove people to the ground because they’re very, very briefly in the way. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can buy that he had zero awareness and just didn't know where he was walking or who was coming in front of him...Either way, he is at fault here as well. That shouldn't even be argued at this point. 

At fault if he was bumped into and knocked down, sure. At fault for being shoved violently? Nah, that's on Adams and he has to own that, whether the other guy is a doofus or not.

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

you know if someone walks in your way, you’re still not allowed to assault them? 

You know if you dart in front of someone and get into their personal space, lots of departments are not going to pursue assault charges if they push you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

You know if you dart in front of someone and get into their personal space, lots of departments are not going to pursue assault charges if they push you?

Yeah and they’d pursue assault charges right back, since they got pushed

Edited by Chiefer

If he went over and helped the guy up after, it would have looked a lot better. But come on, he just got done losing a heartbreaker to a division rival in a collision sport. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Send the camera guy some signed stuff and maybe bring his family to a home game or something. Not a big deal.

Society is becoming so soft these days. 

Edited by Habbsawce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

But come on, he just got done losing a heartbreaker to a division rival in a collision sport. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not to mention Chief fans were throwing beers at players going down the tunnel at half time + yelling racial slurs. No doubt he was extra on edge.

4 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Even if you walk in front someone absent mindedly, that’s not free license to for an assault. 

Did some of you guys never mature past the playground? Adults aren’t allowed to just shove people to the ground because they’re very, very briefly in the way. 

Is it a free license to get pushed? No, but again, Adams was heated with the loss and the cameraman just walked right in front of him not knowing his surroundings. Sorry, but don't have like he is at no fault here.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At fault if he was bumped into and knocked down, sure. At fault for being shoved violently? Nah, that's on Adams and he has to own that, whether the other guy is a doofus or not.

I agree that Adams should not have pushed him like that and even if he did, he should have immediately tried to pick him back up. Never disagreed there. But the cameraman wasn't just a innocent bystander here.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

If someone in your office accidentally cut you off on the way to the water cooler and you shoved him to the ground, if he wanted to press charges you would be in legal trouble.

some of you need to mature past when you were 2 at the playground. Toddlers get fewer mental gymnastics in their defence on this stuff than what you are giving to grown adults. You aren’t allowed to just shove people to the ground because they cause you less than a second of inconvenience. It’s called assault.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not to mention Chief fans were throwing beers at players going down the tunnel at half time + yelling racial slurs. No doubt he was extra on edge.

I've done some crazy **** in the heat of the moment, so it's hard for me to judge other people for their actions. I just don't think it's a big deal.

The beer cans isn't good, but all fan bases do this, I feel. Doesn't make it right, but does probably add to him just wanting to get the hell out of there. Should have stopped and seen if the guy was good, but didn't. Meh, a whole lot of nothing. People should stop being so sensitive, and stop bending out of sorts finding stuff to be offended by.

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

If someone in your office accidentally cut you off on the way to the water cooler and you shoved him to the ground, if he wanted to press charges you would be in legal trouble.

Tell that to all the people who have been in physical altercations where police investigated and determined it didn’t rise to the level of assault or criminal charges

Its very common for cops to go “nah, not enough for us” especially if the other party holds any of the liability, which the camera man does in this case. 

I’ve said Adam’s shouldn’t have shoved him multiple times, I just don’t believe this is criminal

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

some of you need to mature past when you were 2 at the playground. Toddlers get fewer mental gymnastics in their defence on this stuff than what you are giving to grown adults. 

Ah yes, the age old “If you don’t agree with me you must be a child” approach lol

almost as effective as making up fake scenarios rather than discussing what actually happened 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is it a free license to get pushed? No, but again, Adams was heated with the loss and the cameraman just walked right in front of him not knowing his surroundings. Sorry, but don't have like he is at no fault here.

I agree that Adams should not have pushed him like that and even if he did, he should have immediately tried to pick him back up. Never disagreed there. But the cameraman wasn't just a innocent bystander here.

You're trying so hard to justify this. The only reality in which Adams should have pushed him, is if he pushed Adams first. This is assault, clear as day.

I'm not saying he should be suspended, but if that's what happens out of this, I won't bother going up to bat for Adams. 

• Like 3