Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

You're trying so hard to justify this. The only reality in which Adams should have pushed him, is if he pushed Adams first. This is assault, clear as day.

I'm not saying he should be suspended, but if that's what happens out of this, I won't bother going up to bat for Adams. 

The mental gymnastics/hero worship is really just sad.

“Laws shouldn’t apply to those who play entertaining games for a living because the man didn’t dare get out of the way of his lordship davante adams! Any creature who exists in the path of his lord does so without consent and is thus liable for physical punishment!”

sounds like a functioning society, alright.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

You're trying so hard to justify this. The only reality in which Adams should have pushed him, is if he pushed Adams first. This is assault, clear as day.

I'm not saying he should be suspended, but if that's what happens out of this, I won't bother going up to bat for Adams. 

There is no need to justify this. I already said Adams shouldn't have pushed like that and when he did, he should have helped him back up. BUT, this is more so of people like yourself are acting like the cameraman did nothing wrong here. He was at fault and furthermore, there should be no suspension. Adams should be fined and that's it. 

29 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Even if you walk in front someone absent mindedly, that’s not free license for an assault. 

Did some of you guys never mature past the playground? Adults aren’t allowed to just shove people to the ground because they’re very, very briefly in the way. 

Agreed. Both angles show the same thing. Adams doesn't get to just push someone to the ground because "they are in his way". I can't believe so many are trying to defend Adams in this thread.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The mental gymnastics/hero worship is really just sad.

“Laws shouldn’t apply to those who play entertaining games for a living because the man didn’t dare get out of the way of his lordship davante adams! Any creature who exists in the path of his lord does so without consent and is thus liable for physical punishment!”

sounds like a functioning society, alright.

I’m saying the law you want applied is regularly not applied in situations like this. 

It’s got nothing to do with Adam’s being a football player, I couldn’t care less about him or the Raiders. 

Do you know how common it is for something like a shove to go without any criminal consequences? It happens all the time. 

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

Davante is 100% wrong but he looked fine in that video. Get your money though !

Disagree, I see years of rehab necessary to get back to normal. Years and years. Probably enough to take 'em straight through to social security from there.

Honestly, it looks bad enough, even after he's gone I think his kids will still probably have to keep the rehab going. Better top off that college fund to be sure. And boy emotionally it's gonna be touch and go for a while. Twice a week therapy for 50 years seem reasonable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There is no need to justify this. I already said Adams shouldn't have pushed like that and when he did, he should have helped him back up. BUT, this is more so of people like yourself are acting like the cameraman did nothing wrong here. He was at fault and furthermore, there should be no suspension. Adams should be fined and that's it. 

The cameraman did nothing wrong, he was walking past wrong place wrong time and just got in the way, saying he did it on purpose is just silly.
there’s no real fault for anybody besides Davante for shoving him in anger. Responding in anger like that always means you’re culpable

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Disagree, I see years of rehab necessary to get back to normal. Years and years. Probably enough to take 'em straight through to social security from there.

Honestly, it looks bad enough, even after he's gone I think his kids will still probably have to keep the rehab going. Better top off that college fund to be sure. And boy emotionally it's gonna be touch and go for a while. Twice a week therapy for 50 years seem reasonable?

And that’s just the physical anguish… we still need to talk about the life of anxiety he will face.

lexus.gif

• Like 2