Week 6 GDT

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t want to see Allen take hits but I also don’t want him to stop playing his game. Such a fine line. 

Just hope for his sake and fans sake he wins a SB before the body starts falling apart. 

I think in an ideal world, he slowly stops doing that. It's fine for now in short term, but he'll either choose to adjust over time, or be forced to adjust very quickly. He should start picking his spots. 3rd and 10 in the superbowl? Lower than shoulder. 2nd and 10 in week 6? Just go out of bounds. Hopefully the coaches have a dialogue about this with him.

Just now, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

If he had a bit more melanin they’d call it unsustainable 

People have been saying that about the hits he's taken. I was actually going to mention that Newton should serve as a cautionary tale. IDC how big you are, you're not going to last for an extended period of time in this league taking those hits.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I think in an ideal world, he slowly stops doing that. It's fine for now in short term, but he'll either choose to adjust over time, or be forced to adjust very quickly. He should start picking his spots. 3rd and 10 in the superbowl? Lower than shoulder. 2nd and 10 in week 6? Just go out of bounds. Hopefully the coaches have a dialogue about this with him.

I mean the thing with Cam like, the issue wasn't the hits he took running, it was the hits he took when he was square in the pocket, that's what messed his shoulder up. Josh does a great job of not taking a ton of these blowup shots.

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

People have been saying that about the hits he's taken. I was actually going to mention that Newton should serve as a cautionary tale. IDC how big you are, you're not going to last for an extended period of time in this league taking those hits.

Big Ben can be thrown into that conversation as well.