SNF GDT: Eagles at Cowboys

titans0021

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Are we really pulling this right now? We gone act like Wentz doesn't have an elite line and great run game? We gone act like Matt Ryan's play didn't explode with an elite line and great run game last year? We gone act like anyone in the last 15 years besides Brady, Brees, and Peyton haven't needed a good line and good run game to assist them?

I'm not GOING to act like Wentz doesn't have an elite line and great run game. In fact, I never said anything about Wentz. Or Matt Ryan. Or anyone not named Brady, Brees, or Manning. Nor am I GOING to.

It's no secret that NFL Network analysts and ESPN folk were all running around ready to list Prescott as a top 5-10 QB based on a good rookie season. Heck, some people were ready to anoint the guy as Russell Wilson 2.0. He isn't. That's all I said.

Going, going, gone. 

1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Look at wilson numbers without a line and running game ;)

You mean how Wilson makes his line look much worse than it actually is and still has been able to have a good defense?

Seriously, can we stop this notion that there have been ANY QBs in the last 30 years other than Peyton and Tom who can truly carry a team to a ring without help?

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not GOING to act like Wentz doesn't have an elite line and great run game. In fact, I never said anything about Wentz. Or Matt Ryan. Or anyone not named Brady, Brees, or Manning. Nor am I GOING to.

It's no secret that NFL Network analysts and ESPN folk were all running around ready to list Prescott as a top 5-10 QB based on a good rookie season. Heck, some people were ready to anoint the guy as Russell Wilson 2.0. He isn't. That's all I said.

Going, going, gone. 

Because of a 2-game sample size though? People just waiting to pounce on the kid having a bad game. But if he threw for 400 and 4 tonight people would've called it an anomaly. This board is so annoying some times in that capacity. 

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You mean how Wilson makes his line look much worse than it actually is and still has been able to have a good defense?

Seriously, can we stop this notion that there have been ANY QBs in the last 30 years other than Peyton and Tom who can truly carry a team to a ring without help?

Not even Peyton and Tom can carry a team to a ring without help.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Not even Peyton and Tom can carry a team to a ring without help.

Alright, let me rephrase that... "To the Post-Season."

I refrain from the term winning season because then you invite Drew and Ben into that conversation and my point becomes moot.

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

Wentz didn't over the offseason just miraculously learn how to play football.  The team also got significantly better around him.

I'd agree about the cast if Wentz wasn't throwing touchdowns every week to the 4th and 5th string RBs.

Archived